2010 - 2015 Camaro News, Sightings, Pictures, and Multimedia All 2010 - 2011 - 2012 - 2013 - 2014 - 2015 Camaro news, photos, and videos

Something Camaro fans should follow

Search this Thread

Old 07-27-2006, 05:07 PM

Re: Something Camaro fans should follow

Originally Posted by guionM
Don't think I missed anything.

Let's see:
You said: "Just something real to keep an eye on, instead of speculation."

Hmm. I guess the only other way to interpret it is that if I stare at the real VE Commodore long enough it will somehow morph into the next gen Camaro like a catapillar into a butterfly. However, I'd need to eat, sleep, and go to thebathroom somewhere during those 2 or so years, so I might miss a magic moment.

Otherwise:
1. Unless you were in a cave in Afghanistan the past few years, Zeta wouldn't be speculation.
2. Anything that's speculation about the Camaro is still speculation about Camaro.
3. Watching a car that goes into production has nothing to do with the work going on a car that's away from where you can "keep an eye on" it.
Arguing on the Inturdweb is one of the most pointless actions and judging by the number of posts you have made and length of them I can see I do not even want to start. So to review the second post I made and be done with it -

Originally Posted by JeepnReb
I know it has been discussed, but the first product is about to hit the road (publically finally). Zeta has been mere talk until now, and even though cars on the same architecture can differ by large amounts, this is one of the closests things to a production Camaro. Just something real to keep an eye on, instead of speculation.
I know it has been discussed, but the first product is about to hit the road (publically finally).
Do not see anything wrong there, just stating the obvious.

Zeta has been mere talk until now, and even though cars on the same architecture can differ by large amounts, this is one of the closests things to a production Camaro.
I know everyone here knows about Zeta, but why don't we assume that some people might come by that do not know. To the lay person Zeta was just talk and speculation (most probably do not even know about it) and nothing is real until officially released. Think like the public and not an Internet geek with inside news

The Holden and Camaro might share design components. Nothing more I can say on that, just speculating and I am in no way saying they will look or be the same.

Just something real to keep an eye on, instead of speculation.
You can do whatever you like, but considering I might purchase a Camaro in the future I will probably keep an eye on these Zeta Holdens. It is amazing what you can see and learn, when you do not restrict your view.

Since this site might get more traffic with the pending release of a new Camaro, how about cutting the newbies some slack so they will stick around

Last edited by Jeepnreb; 07-27-2006 at 05:24 PM.
Old 07-27-2006, 05:17 PM

Originally Posted by tls2000
One thing that you seem to have missed out on is that the speculation that goes on here tends to be more accurate than the speculation that goes on in the media.

This car has nothing to do with Camaro. You are doing nothing more than speculating yourself, and whats worse, you're trying to pass it off as something legitimate.

Hopefully you will learn that there are some people on this site who are in the know, and who's speculation is usually a little more than a guess.

GuionM and Fbodfather are two people who's word tends to be fact, not fiction. In fact, anything that you hear from Fbodfather is more than mere speculation, it is FACT.

I know I am new here, but what is the deal with this place. I just saw an article about Zeta and thought some people might care. I am not trying to spread any freaking rumors or debunk anything GuionM and Fbodfather have said. I am not even to trying to post something as FACT and if you think I am, I apologize. I am just a person that use to own a 69 Camaro and am possibly looking forward to getting a new one. At this time I think I will just wander on back to the Jeep message boards, we tend to attack less
Old 07-27-2006, 05:20 PM

Jeepnreb, I think you're confusing ZetaNA and ZetaAU. There is a slight difference between the two.
Old 07-27-2006, 05:59 PM

Originally Posted by Jeepnreb
I know I am new here, but what is the deal with this place. I just saw an article about Zeta and thought some people might care. I am not trying to spread any freaking rumors or debunk anything GuionM and Fbodfather have said. I am not even to trying to post something as FACT and if you think I am, I apologize. I am just a person that use to own a 69 Camaro and am possibly looking forward to getting a new one. At this time I think I will just wander on back to the Jeep message boards, we tend to attack less
I'm not saying that I want you to leave. I'm just saying that everything that you've posted has either been posted before, or has been discussed in one way or another. I'm sure that on the Jeep boards they don't like new people coming on to start new topics about old stuff.

Hang around, grab a beer, enjoy the debate.
Old 07-27-2006, 11:59 PM

At this time I think I will just wander on back to the Jeep message boards, we tend to attack less
Don't let the doornob hit yah where the good Lord split yah.

Bub-eye!
Old 07-28-2006, 12:04 AM

Thats not nice.

We like new members here. But they should lurk before they start throwing stuff out, especially with titles like the one of this thread.

Odds are most topics have been discussed in great depths and people get testy when you tell them what color the sky is.
Old 07-28-2006, 08:37 AM

Once again let me reiterate...
241hp Camaro
262hp Camaro RS
362hp Camaro Z28

and maybe eventually a 400+hp Camaro SS

Lol, somebody just please acknowledge my previous post! I still think this cars powertrain will give us some insight into the 5th gen.

All those numbers are extremely competetive and entirely obtainable for a 20-30k dollar car. The 362 V8 would be a perfect hp rating that could run some amazing times but still not scare off potential buyers.
Old 07-28-2006, 08:51 AM

Originally Posted by LandonElf
Once again let me reiterate...

and maybe eventually a 400+hp Camaro SS

Lol, somebody just please acknowledge my previous post! I still think this cars powertrain will give us some insight into the 5th gen.
Here's your acknowledgement. We've been around the world, high and low on this topic. Yet and still all we really know is that there will be at least one V6 and at least one V8.

Seeing as how GM has a V6 for every number between 200 and 300, and a V8 for every number between 300 and 500, any thing beyond that is purely shots in the dark.
Old 07-28-2006, 10:05 AM

Lol, somebody just please acknowledge my previous post! I still think this cars powertrain will give us some insight into the 5th gen
Z28 will be top dog and somewhere just below Z06 territory on HP. We just won't see it in MY #1.
Old 07-28-2006, 10:15 AM

I agree it has been discussed to death, but this is a speculation thread so....

It seems Mr. Scott is quick to shoot down wrong guesses (which he should). But I imagine if i was wrong, Mr. Scott would shoot me down with a big fat "ummm....no" or he wouldn't say anything at all if it were correct. I'm kinda trying to use the process of elimination to maybe make an educated guess.

I'm in a "need to know" situation right now because there is a stage 3 for my cobalt coming out in september and rumors of a twincharged setup on the horizon. If i can get 362hp for 27K in the next 2-3 years then i need to quit dropping all this money into my coby!

But this is exciting news. A Zeta powertrain has hit the streets. And i imagine many parts from this car will be in our 5th gens, so heres hoping for the best.
Old 07-28-2006, 11:57 AM

Surpirsied this hasn't been mentioned yet. What is the weight!?!

I did some searching on Holden's website and found this:

Commodore SS, manual: 1654 kg. = 3647 lbs.
Commodore SV8, manual: 1637 kg. = 3610 lbs.

This is with a 6.0L V8 (LS2 I presume) and independent rear suspension.

I consider this to be VERY VERY good news!

The exterior dimensions are as follows:

length: 4876 mm = 192 in.
width: 1842 mm = 72.5 in.
height: 1440 mm = 56.7 in.
ground clearance: 114 mm = 4.5 in.

How do these dimensions compare to the Camaro concept, which we already know has to be narrowed and therefore, likely shrunk in other dimensions in order to keep the proportions the same?

You have no idea how many people on SVTperformance have been telling me the next Camaro is going to weight 4000lbs or more! I guess it is just wishful thinking on their part.

With talk of this Commodore being brought to the US as the Grand Prix, how close is it to meeting US safety standards? This translates to how close the Aussie curb weight is to what we would see here in the US.
Old 07-28-2006, 12:01 PM

Originally Posted by ZZtop
Commodore SS, manual: 1654 kg. = 3647 lbs.
Commodore SV8, manual: 1637 kg. = 3610 lbs.
Good catch. Its good to see i'm not the only one who recognizes the significance of actually seeing Zeta numbers on the road.
Old 07-28-2006, 12:08 PM

Unhappy Re: Something Camaro fans should follow

I know everyone here knows about Zeta, but why don't we assume that some people might come by that do not know. To the lay person Zeta was just talk and speculation (most probably do not even know about it) and nothing is real until officially released. Think like the public and not an Internet geek with inside news
Internet geek, huh?

You're new around here, aren't you?

The Holden and Camaro might share design components. Nothing more I can say on that, just speculating and I am in no way saying they will look or be the same.
Holden and Camaro will not share design components.

You can do whatever you like, but considering I might purchase a Camaro in the future I will probably keep an eye on these Zeta Holdens. It is amazing what you can see and learn, when you do not restrict your view.
What? That by watching a picture of a Holden long enough it's gonna magically change into a Camaro?

Look, since you don't seem to be getting what's being said,I'm happy to assist.

1. Holden is the engineering "homeroom" for GM's "volume" RWD program. Holden has this because unlike GM-NA, GM-H has been making RWD nonstop and has plenty of people with experience in engineering high volume, low cost RWD vehicles. Holden also has phenominal expertise in modular vehicle construction

2. During Holdens regularly scheduled model change, ended up with $$$$ from the parent company to engineer a low cost, modular RWD line that could also be used here in the US.

3. Last year, GMNA stopped and reviewed the US leg of the program & came to the conclusion that it would be cheaper to simply use a locally designed RWD structure (Sigma) and adapt Holden's modular and suspension sourced engineering instead of using the Holden VZ based Zeta. Essentially making it a totally different car.

4. Holden is doing quite a bit of the engineering work in reading the US based structure (Sigma is already somewhat modular, underpinning everything from the narrow CTS, to the wider AWD STS, to the crossover SRX). However.....
[i]the US version of Zeta (essentially a Chevrolet program) IS NOT THE SAME AS HOLDEN'S VE!!!

In plan english, outside of the bolt in suspension parts, watching the VE for a future Camaro is like watching a Cobalt for the next Malibu. Apples and oranges, and honestly, pretty silly.

Since this site might get more traffic with the pending release of a new Camaro, how about cutting the newbies some slack so they will stick around
Newbies are always welcome, and we do cut them some slack. However, this site also has a pretty mind numbing amount of information that's only a search button away.

You aren't going to go to a 12th grade history class with a 4th grade education, and try and teach the class and tell a teacher that they "shouldn't restrict their view". You're gotta sitback & listen first, or at least do a minimal amount of homework with a search button.

You're in the big leagues here, son, this ain't a lounge over on a Jeep site full of people who are barely out of highschool, or people who type 1st and think later. You have alot of industry people, writers, engineers, marketers, and others with alot of hands on or know directly people with hands on, with nary an "Internet Geek" amongst us.

If that's too heavy for ya, then there's always the CamaroZ28.com "Lounge"..... just be sure to boil your computer afterwards.
Old 07-28-2006, 12:16 PM

Originally Posted by guionM
However.....
[i]the US version of Zeta (essentially a Chevrolet program) IS NOT THE SAME AS HOLDEN'S VE!!!
I understand this, but I would believe they would be similar enough that we could get a ballpark figure for the weight. Say, +or- 100lbs. Is this not the case?
Old 07-28-2006, 12:21 PM

That Interior looks like it could have came out of an Audi.

especially the IP cluster.. that LCD panel layout looks exactly like my friend's 99 Audi A4.

Quick Reply: Something Camaro fans should follow