2010 - 2015 Camaro News, Sightings, Pictures, and Multimedia All 2010 - 2011 - 2012 - 2013 - 2014 - 2015 Camaro news, photos, and videos

The transformers have all the luck

Search this Thread

Old 06-01-2006, 01:20 AM

Re: The transformers have all the luck

Originally Posted by EllwynX
It was mentioned that both VW AND Lamborghini don't want to be associated. And that Porsche didn't like the toy model proposed, so also wouldn't allow them to use one. If that changes for the movie, one can only wait and see.
Correct me if I am wrong, my memory is alittle hazy. Wasn't Jazz some sort of Porsche knockoff? How many characters do they plan on changing?
Old 06-01-2006, 12:24 PM

GUYs

check out this link at aintitcoolnews.com

http://www.aintitcool.com/display.cgi?id=23472

really cool images of Bumble Bee as a 2nd gen, then into a 5th gen.
Old 06-01-2006, 12:59 PM

Wow, thats cool. I like the Mustang police car too
Old 06-01-2006, 01:19 PM

Originally Posted by JakeRobb
I'm not saying it isn't the same car. I'm saying he can't prove it.

I would still bet that it is not technically a Camaro. An impressive likeness, but I'm guessing that it's a copied skin on a rolling chassis from another vehicle.

Buddy your dancing all around this one! Just pay up.
Old 06-01-2006, 01:24 PM

I just wish Scott could comment on it a little more than he did.
Old 06-01-2006, 01:44 PM

Originally Posted by JakeRobb
Whatever you saw was in Troy; the car is in New Mexico. You can't prove that it's the same car, so no money for you.
Who do you think put that Saleen plate on it? I doubt theyd drive the car across america, But 4 days is about how long it takes to get from Troy to New Mexico. My guess is I saw them final testing the car before it got loaded on the trailer to head to mexico. And the bet was that I had a month to produce a quality, in-focus picture of a 5th gen camaro. Ill give you one month to prove to me that its not fifth gen. Wanna take the bet?
Old 06-01-2006, 01:44 PM

Originally Posted by Apetro
Buddy your dancing all around this one! Just pay up.
If I had to put my money down, it would be that he won't pay up. More excuses to come likely.
Old 06-01-2006, 06:30 PM

Originally Posted by RussStang
Correct me if I am wrong, my memory is alittle hazy. Wasn't Jazz some sort of Porsche knockoff? How many characters do they plan on changing?
IIRC, yes Jazz was a Porsche. (The toy was a bitch to transform.)

I don't expect to see any of the characters NOT get changed with the exception of Optimus being a semi and Starscream being a jet.

I read that the Mustang Police Car is Brawl, who in G1 was a the tank in the Combaticons/Bruticus. I saw 'Bonecrusher' on the strange looking construction equipment looking thing. Bonecrusher was a bulldozer from the Constructicons/Devastator. And I heard that there is a Devastator, who is a single character, not the gestalt of the 6 Constructicons.

My biggest fear is that Soundwave (the best Decepticon ever!) will be ruined since he can't be a cassette deck anymore. As long as they keep his most basic elements (voice, chest cavity contains smaller Transformers, Blue/Yellow/White) I can deal with his transforming into something else.

Here's a GREAT alternate Soundwave I found. It even has what appears to be Laserbeak on his wing in robot mode. Just shows they can keep Soundwave's basics while updating his body.

Old 06-01-2006, 06:36 PM

Pictures of the 2ndgen Bumblebee Camaro and the 5thgen Bumblebee. Plus a Police Mustang.

http://www.leftlanenews.com/2006/05/...vie/#more-2894
Old 06-02-2006, 01:30 AM

Originally Posted by EllwynX
IIRC, yes Jazz was a Porsche. (The toy was a bitch to transform.)

I don't expect to see any of the characters NOT get changed with the exception of Optimus being a semi and Starscream being a jet.

I read that the Mustang Police Car is Brawl, who in G1 was a the tank in the Combaticons/Bruticus. I saw 'Bonecrusher' on the strange looking construction equipment looking thing. Bonecrusher was a bulldozer from the Constructicons/Devastator. And I heard that there is a Devastator, who is a single character, not the gestalt of the 6 Constructicons.

My biggest fear is that Soundwave (the best Decepticon ever!) will be ruined since he can't be a cassette deck anymore. As long as they keep his most basic elements (voice, chest cavity contains smaller Transformers, Blue/Yellow/White) I can deal with his transforming into something else.

Here's a GREAT alternate Soundwave I found. It even has what appears to be Laserbeak on his wing in robot mode. Just shows they can keep Soundwave's basics while updating his body.
Soundwave was more of an intelligence guy on the decepticons, wasn't he? I don't know about him turning into a moving vehicle. Then again, like you said, they are probably changing just about all of them. I wish they would try to keep that to a minimum, because I used to love the show as a kid, and it is hard to draw parallels with this movie and the old series I liked when they are changing everything around. Devastator as one robot? That kind of sucks. I hear Megatron might be a jet as well. I always liked how Megatron turned into a gun. I always thought it was unique. A tank or a jet just seems more played out.
Old 06-02-2006, 01:51 AM

Hmmm.. it looks to me like the 5th gen Bumblebee is actually the RED Camaro concept with a paint job.

No brake calipers.
Glued on door handles

I also think I see the foam that was inside it in one of the pictures that Leftlane News has up there.

Of course, if I'm right, that also means that it wasn't seen driving on the road.
Old 06-02-2006, 07:05 AM
Prominent Member

Originally Posted by tls2000
Hmmm.. it looks to me like the 5th gen Bumblebee is actually the RED Camaro concept with a paint job.

No brake calipers.
Glued on door handles

I also think I see the foam that was inside it in one of the pictures that Leftlane News has up there.

Of course, if I'm right, that also means that it wasn't seen driving on the road.
Actually, the red one did have brake calipers.....this is a "new" car.
Old 06-02-2006, 08:28 AM

Wonder if Prowl is going to be in the movie, the Autobot police car. He was an old Datsun/Nissan 280z.

And Hound! The military jeep. Oh the memories, definitely taking my son to this...he's currently 14 months
Old 06-02-2006, 08:40 AM

Originally Posted by tls2000
The Red Camaro didnt have an interior which this Bumblebee one does.
Old 06-02-2006, 11:04 AM

Originally Posted by SFireGT98
The Red Camaro didnt have an interior which this Bumblebee one does.
I haven't seen a good enough picture to tell, I guess you're right.

Quick Reply: The transformers have all the luck