2010 - 2015 Camaro News, Sightings, Pictures, and Multimedia All 2010 - 2011 - 2012 - 2013 - 2014 - 2015 Camaro news, photos, and videos

Transformers Trailer! WOW in HD !!!!!!

Search this Thread

Old 12-22-2006, 07:02 AM

They both are

So far we know this...

Optimus Prime - Semi truck
Bumblebee - Camaro
Jazz - Pontiac Solstice
Ratchet - Hummer emergency vehicle
Ironhide - GMC Topkick

Megatron - Aircraft of sorts, possibly Cybertronian
Bonecrusher - Mine clearing vehicle
Barricade - Mustang police car
Blackout - MH53 helicopter
Scorponok - Robot scorpion
Brawl - Tank
Starscream - F22 Raptor
Frenzy - Smaller transformer

Last edited by Rob V; 12-23-2006 at 06:05 PM.
Old 12-22-2006, 01:45 PM

the one flying down the road at the end busting the bus is bonecrusher in robot form, he looks badass.
Old 12-22-2006, 05:20 PM

sweet deal
Old 12-22-2006, 05:28 PM

Originally Posted by Rob V
They both are

So far we know this...

Optimus Prime - Semi truck
Bumblebee - Camaro
Jazz - Pontiac Solstice
Ratchet - Hummer emergency vehicle
Ironhide - GMC Topkick

Megatron - (Not exactly sure)
Bonecrusher - Mine clearing vehicle
Barricade - Mustang police car
(Vortex?) - MH53 helicopter
Scorponok - Robot scorpion
(Demolisher?) - Ahbrams tank
Starscream - F22 Raptor
i believe the helicopter is Blackout, looks like he has some sort of EMP weapon which is sweet. this movie is gonna kick ***
Old 12-22-2006, 05:45 PM

There's a short video on the Transformers website with the writers talking about why Bumblebee is a Camaro.

http://www.transformersmovie.com/main.html
Old 12-22-2006, 05:58 PM

[QUOTE=Rob V;4297770]So far we know this...

Megatron - (Not exactly sure)
(Vortex?) - MH53 helicopter
(Demolisher?) - Ahbrams tank

the helicopter is Blackout and the tank (doesnt look like an abrams to me) is Brawl

Megatron doesnt have an earth based form as far as we know.. he'll just turn into a Cybertronian jet of some kind

also you forgot Frenzy... Barricade's little buddy who transforms into some home electronic device that he can hide in plain site .. not sure exactly what he turns into though

P.S. Skorponok won't have a bot form in the movie.. just Scorpion form.. and he'll be Blackout's "backpack"...
Old 12-22-2006, 07:55 PM

Well, I'm just going by the transformers fan sites so it won't be perfect. Also the names given were the "placeholder" names. They had the name "Brawl" set aside for the mustang but people spoke out because Brawl was one character who was part of the combiner team Bruticus. If they weren't having Bruticus or Devastator in the movie, the fans didn't want their names or the names of the characters forming them to be used.

Regardless... I wonder how much screentime Bumblebee will be given as the fifth gen. I'm hoping it'll be a fair bit, especially since he's going to be "Jacked up" by Barricade, only to be rebuilt as a 5th gen...
Old 12-22-2006, 09:55 PM

Well, I'm just going by the transformers fan sites so it won't be perfect. Also the names given were the "placeholder" names. They had the name "Brawl" set aside for the mustang but people spoke out because Brawl was one character who was part of the combiner team Bruticus. If they weren't having Bruticus or Devastator in the movie, the fans didn't want their names or the names of the characters forming them to be used.
true Brawl was the placeholder name for the Mustang... but now it is known for a fact that the tank is Brawl..

Regardless... I wonder how much screentime Bumblebee will be given as the fifth gen. I'm hoping it'll be a fair bit, especially since he's going to be "Jacked up" by Barricade, only to be rebuilt as a 5th gen...
Bumblebee will get quite a bit of screen time.. and changes from 2nd to 5th gen pretty early in the movie... but the whole rumor of him getting "jacked up" and then getting rebuilt into a 5th gen is not true.. at least according to the script that was leaked a bit back..
Old 12-23-2006, 03:29 AM

According to one of the crew chiefs from my shop, they actually auditioned a lot of active duty AF people from Travis AFB. Thats where the helo is from too supposedly. Also, what about the CV-22 Osprey? ( VTOL aircraft)
Old 12-23-2006, 08:48 AM

Originally Posted by theroad64
According to one of the crew chiefs from my shop, they actually auditioned a lot of active duty AF people from Travis AFB. Thats where the helo is from too supposedly. Also, what about the CV-22 Osprey? ( VTOL aircraft)
the osprey is just an osprey apparently.. no word that it's a transformer... pretty much all the alt forms of the announced characters are known
Old 12-23-2006, 05:42 PM

Originally Posted by MasterZ28
By the way, the bots look too skeletal, LAMER!!!
Well if they looked like the cartoon robots, then it would probably look like the gay power ranger bull**** cardboard crap.
Old 12-23-2006, 07:55 PM

Originally Posted by Chevycobb
Well if they looked like the cartoon robots, then it would probably look like the gay power ranger bull**** cardboard crap.
Let's remember which came first.

The Power Rangers copied Voltron/Transformers. So the G1 Transformers 'look like the gay bull**** cardboard crap'?

I disagree.

I agree with the previous post. I'm sure I'll enjoy the new movie, but they're too skeletal to be REAL Transformers.

Even in the NEW cartoons they retain the original look. And they haven't been put down for it. Just the opposite, the newer Transformers shows look great.

I'm sure they could have pulled it off just fine for the movie had they really wanted to retain a G1 feel.
Old 12-23-2006, 08:04 PM

Originally Posted by EllwynX
Let's remember which came first.

The Power Rangers copied Voltron/Transformers. So the G1 Transformers 'look like the gay bull**** cardboard crap'?

I disagree.

I agree with the previous post. I'm sure I'll enjoy the new movie, but they're too skeletal to be REAL Transformers.

Even in the NEW cartoons they retain the original look. And they haven't been put down for it. Just the opposite, the newer Transformers shows look great.

I'm sure they could have pulled it off just fine for the movie had they really wanted to retain a G1 feel.

true, but the original transformers/voltron were not live action like power rangers were. I think they did the right thing about going the "skeletal" route
Old 12-24-2006, 04:33 AM

Originally Posted by Chevycobb
true, but the original transformers/voltron were not live action like power rangers were. I think they did the right thing about going the "skeletal" route
I dont like it, they dont fit together well, i like Scorponok's new look. But everyone else just seems to be awkward as to looking smooth and slick in stealth mode, thus transforming into a menacing skinny spike pile of juk metal.

just gross, i know i will enjoy it either way, just wish they could have DONE THAT a little bit better.
Old 12-24-2006, 09:52 AM

i agree the blocky look would look extremely silly in live action.. i'm very happy they didn't go that route

Quick Reply: Transformers Trailer! WOW in HD !!!!!!