2010 - 2015 Camaro News, Sightings, Pictures, and Multimedia All 2010 - 2011 - 2012 - 2013 - 2014 - 2015 Camaro news, photos, and videos

Turn offs of the new camaro that are making me think twice

Search this Thread

Old 09-01-2006, 03:15 PM

Re: Turn offs of the new camaro that are making me think twice

Originally Posted by wdtiger
Ok, wait wait wait... sorry to go off subject here, but how do DUI checkpoints violate our rights?
Illegal search, detainment against your will with no cause ... it's amazing (and disappointing) that our society puts up with them, but that's our short-sighted liberal society for you I suppose.
Old 09-01-2006, 03:34 PM

Ok, i've been through a few checkpoints in my days, i get "how are you tonight?" I tell them i'm good and ask what's up, they ask where you headed, i say home and they say have a nice night. I'm still lost as to how that equates to illegal search and detainment against my will with no cause. They're looking for drunk drivers, to which i say, "F yeah! Burn 'em all!"

And i'm pretty far from liberal. Just ask my gf. lol.
Old 09-01-2006, 03:40 PM

If the production car is even one little bit larger than the concept, I'll be turned off. The concept is the absolute max that I can tolerate...alittle smaller would be preferable to me.
Old 09-01-2006, 03:47 PM

Originally Posted by Z284ever
If the production car is even one little bit larger than the concept, I'll be turned off. The concept is the absolute max that I can tolerate...alittle smaller would be preferable to me.
werd... i'd like to see it be closer to the 1st gen size. The trend seems to be that they get bigger and heavier with every new gen, i hope they reverse that trend.
Old 09-01-2006, 03:47 PM

Originally Posted by R377
Illegal search, detainment against your will with no cause ... it's amazing (and disappointing) that our society puts up with them, but that's our short-sighted liberal society for you I suppose.
Now this guy gets it. It is a sad fact the Lack of Supreme Court ruled that if the government violates the rights of all citizens instead of a specific group it is ok.

I have never gone and will never go through a DUI checkpoint.
Old 09-01-2006, 07:26 PM

Its not the checkpoint but instead how we handle them that violates our rights. We dont get our rights violated... we usually (most of us) forefit our Own rights without thinking about what is going on during a traffic stop or road-block.
http://www.dpccars.com/car-movies/06...encounters.htm
If thats the wrong video Im sorry. Im on dialup and cant verify the link.

As for OBD3... if a Camaro has it, everything else new for sale will also. I know a guy on a legal team getting ready to tee up on the whole 'black box' deal and Americans privacy rights too... People do care about privacy, dont ever doubt that!
Old 09-01-2006, 09:04 PM

There are far too many real civil and human rights violations going on in the world for me too worry about something like that.

Pardon me if I dont get pissy because the cops are out on nights like tonight when they know people will ****faced.

Slippery slope? Well seeing as how there are a hell of a lot places that hit rock bottom a while back I would think they should get the attention.
Old 09-02-2006, 09:20 AM

I've heard stories about Onstar getting people into trouble. Unfourtinately my wife's Grand Prix has it. It's not activated and I won't let her get it activated. As for OBDIII, I don't think the Federal Government will put anything on there that violates our rights. But then again I could be wrong, shrub thinks he can legally monitor phone calls without a warrent. Why not monitor what's going on in peoples cars with out one as well.
Old 09-02-2006, 11:03 PM

Some of you guys are so blind. DUI checkpoints are just the begining. i remember when they first started those things. The rules were they would post up where the checkpoint was to be and offer an alternate route. They would only check every other car and only check for DUI. Well now they set them up whenever and wherever they want, without telling the public. they stop every car and check, plus they now are not just sighting people for DUI, but fix it tickets, no reg, insurance, driver license and checking for warrants. We are on a slippery slope and when has the gov ever gave something back? This OBDIII is just another way to mess with you. Dont you guys remember what that rental car company did recently with the speeding issues?
Dont even get me started on the search and seizure crap.
Old 09-02-2006, 11:46 PM

Originally Posted by TOO Z MAXX
Some of you guys are so blind. DUI checkpoints are just the begining. i remember when they first started those things. The rules were they would post up where the checkpoint was to be and offer an alternate route. They would only check every other car and only check for DUI. Well now they set them up whenever and wherever they want, without telling the public. they stop every car and check, plus they now are not just sighting people for DUI, but fix it tickets, no reg, insurance, driver license and checking for warrants. We are on a slippery slope and when has the gov ever gave something back? This OBDIII is just another way to mess with you. Dont you guys remember what that rental car company did recently with the speeding issues?
Dont even get me started on the search and seizure crap.
Why should they announce where the DUI checkpoints will be?? Wouldn't that just give the drunks an opportunity to avoid them and possibly hit you or I?
Old 09-03-2006, 12:13 AM

Originally Posted by 1badLS1M6
Why should they announce where the DUI checkpoints will be?? Wouldn't that just give the drunks an opportunity to avoid them and possibly hit you or I?
Thats not the point, the cops agreed to the rules and that has since been changed(slippery slope). Besides if you are a drunk driver you most likely will not remember where the check points are at. Remember in this country you are prexumed innocent and its their job to prove you are guilty. Being stopped for no reason to prove you are sober goes against being presumed innocent.
Before someone comes in with their emotionally charged story of how they had a family member killed by a drunk driver let me say this. I am not for drunk driving, I dont drink and would love for all these people to act more responsably, but I would rather have my freedom then live in a police state.
Old 09-03-2006, 12:22 AM

Thats not the point, the cops agreed to the rules and that has since been changed(slippery slope). Besides if you are a drunk driver you most likely will not remember where the check points are at. Remember in this country you are prexumed innocent and its their job to prove you are guilty. Being stopped for no reason to prove you are sober goes against being presumed innocent.
Before someone comes in with their emotionally charged story of how they had a family member killed by a drunk driver let me say this. I am not for drunk driving, I dont drink and would love for all these people to act more responsably, but I would rather have my freedom then live in a police state.
Personally, I'm willing to go through a few check points if it means the roads will be safer. After going out to a few clubs with friends, and with myself being the designated driver, I realized there are more people who drive drunk than I thought. Pretty scary actually. So yeah, I'm ok with the occasional checkpoint. It costs you a few minutes, whereas not having that checkpoint could cost someone their life.
"Ding dang dong, the more you know".
Old 09-03-2006, 12:28 AM

Originally Posted by 1badLS1M6
Personally, I'm willing to go through a few check points if it means the roads will be safer. After going out to a few clubs with friends, and with myself being the designated driver, I realized there are more people who drive drunk than I thought. Pretty scary actually. So yeah, I'm ok with the occasional checkpoint. It costs you a few minutes, whereas not having that checkpoint could cost someone their life.
"Ding dang dong, the more you know".
It is a scary thing, I too am usually the DD with my friends because I dont drink. I have only been through one DUI checkpoint in my life and I wasnt bothered by being stopped or the time it involved. I just know what will be next, especially with terrorism a hot topic. We have 1 more bad terrorist act in this country and we might see permanant check points. They already did this at the Oakland airport a few years ago. Thats why i am against them now. The gov wants to moniter and control everything.
Old 09-03-2006, 09:46 AM

Remember in this country you are prexumed innocent and its their job to prove you are guilty. Being stopped for no reason to prove you are sober goes against being presumed innocent.
dude that is the old rule. Today, you are presumed guilty until you hire an attorney and purchase your innocence.
Old 09-03-2006, 05:46 PM

Originally Posted by JCS30TH
dude that is the old rule. Today, you are presumed guilty until you hire an attorney and purchase your innocence.
LOL, that seems to be the way things are going.

Quick Reply: Turn offs of the new camaro that are making me think twice