2010 - 2015 Camaro News, Sightings, Pictures, and Multimedia All 2010 - 2011 - 2012 - 2013 - 2014 - 2015 Camaro news, photos, and videos

Well since it is slow in here…I do have some small news concerning MSRP…

Search this Thread

Old 09-28-2006, 11:21 AM

Well since it is slow in here…I do have some small news concerning MSRP…

Yesterday in my marketing class we had the VP of HR from Sewell Automotive group come talk to us. The main topic of his speech was how Sewell separates itself from the rest of the dealerships with their premium service. It was really quite amazing what they do for their customers. But I wont ramble into that.

Anyway, the first thing that crossed my mind was how they pay for all the extra services without cutting into their profit, so after class I went up and bluntly asked him about dealer mark ups on new hot models. I told him I was interested in the new Camaro in a few years but would not pay a penny over MSRP.

He said they are able to keep their profits up with a smaller, more efficient workforce and absolutely do not charge above MSRP. He said he would never buy a car above MSRP as well and went on to say just the thought of it is not smart business in the long run.

He gave me his card and said when I do come into Sewell Chevrolet (even after a few years) and they are charging over MSRP for the new Camaro to contact him.

So if you want to pay sticker for the Camaro their Chevy dealership is here.

Worth a look anyway
Old 09-28-2006, 11:34 AM
Disciple

Re: Well since it is slow in here…I do have some small news concerning MSRP…

going over MSRP is bad business. sure, you can get a few suckers, but most people (with any common sense) will get a bad taste in their mouth. i'm glad you found a good dealer for you.

i used to work in the service dept of Sewell Caddy/Chevy in New Orleans and it is a great company. back in the SLP days, Saadallah from Sewell Pontiac in Dallas was THE man to order a Firehawk from. he and his father own about 20 firebirds themselves and he knows a ton about fbodies in general. he's one of those rare car guys that also happen to be a salesman.

i ordered my Hawk from him and got my dealership discount since i worked for Sewell. in 2005, i went back to Saadallah and ordered my GTO from him. i read Carl Sewell's book "Customer's for Life" because they gave it to me when i started working there and it was a good read. i would definitely recommend going to them for a new Camaro. they will take care of you in the sales and service departments. they are definitely a first class dealership.

and i'm sure you heard about the white tile floors in the service department, too. gotta love that... we didn't have that in New Orleans tho.

Last edited by SunsetHawkSelena; 09-28-2006 at 11:42 AM.
Old 09-28-2006, 11:39 AM

Originally Posted by stars1010

Worth a look anyway
You da MAN!
Old 09-28-2006, 09:02 PM

Originally Posted by stars1010
Yesterday in my marketing class we had the VP of HR from Sewell Automotive group come talk to us. The main topic of his speech was how Sewell separates itself from the rest of the dealerships with their premium service. It was really quite amazing what they do for their customers. But I wont ramble into that.

Anyway, the first thing that crossed my mind was how they pay for all the extra services without cutting into their profit, so after class I went up and bluntly asked him about dealer mark ups on new hot models. I told him I was interested in the new Camaro in a few years but would not pay a penny over MSRP.

He said they are able to keep their profits up with a smaller, more efficient workforce and absolutely do not charge above MSRP. He said he would never buy a car above MSRP as well and went on to say just the thought of it is not smart business in the long run.

He gave me his card and said when I do come into Sewell Chevrolet (even after a few years) and they are charging over MSRP for the new Camaro to contact him.

Worth a look anyway
I bought a 2000 GTP from them. Very good experience overall, and even back then it was thier policy not to charge over MSRP.
Old 09-29-2006, 06:54 AM

It would be interesting to know what they charge for a new Z06!!
Seems like every one I've seen are at least 5,000/10,000 over sticker.
Old 09-29-2006, 06:43 PM

So anyone around the Toronto Canada area know of such a good dealership...I know where every Chev dealer within 50 kliks are, but who is going to be the "good guy"?

You Americans got to remember, we Canadians pay more for our cars, and our dealerships can hose us more...

Cheers,

BIG
Old 09-29-2006, 08:49 PM

I'll have a hard time looking for a dealership like that when I buy my first new car, but it's certainly worth the search.
Old 09-29-2006, 08:52 PM

Originally Posted by bigsjk
So anyone around the Toronto Canada area know of such a good dealership...I know where every Chev dealer within 50 kliks are, but who is going to be the "good guy"?

You Americans got to remember, we Canadians pay more for our cars, and our dealerships can hose us more...

Cheers,

BIG
that will be nice to know.
Old 10-01-2006, 05:46 PM

Ok so the markup is taken care of now how about getting 0% financing for 72 months on the 09 Camaro.
Old 10-06-2006, 08:51 AM

I'd pay MSRP if I could get 0% for 72mo.

The Camaro will sell 100,000+ units a year. Wait 3 months after it is out and there will be no MSRP Camaros
Old 10-06-2006, 06:52 PM

Even enthusiasts are addicted to incentives.
Old 10-06-2006, 07:03 PM

They'll probably can his *** by then.
Old 10-07-2006, 07:53 AM

I'd rather spend the money traveling to New Orleans to bring my nerw Camaro home then paying some silly dealer mark up at home.
Old 10-07-2006, 08:06 AM

SOoo, this means they are not charging a dealer adjustment on the Z06?

HMMMM