2010 - 2015 Camaro News, Sightings, Pictures, and Multimedia All 2010 - 2011 - 2012 - 2013 - 2014 - 2015 Camaro news, photos, and videos

Whats with this drought of new information?

Search this Thread

Old 06-09-2006, 08:35 AM

Whats with this drought of new information?

Whats with the sudden lack of new information on the 5th gen. I know that in the past 2 weeks we have all seen...read...or at least heard about the yellow prop car, pre-production, or reskined 5th gen for the Transformers movie; but what about some actual production information. It is just getting annoying that everyone was sure they would have an answer for production dates, and maybe even models by now. Even if GM is trying to keep it all under wraps until a big transformers debut, that isnt until next summer...and I cant go that long without knowing whats going on.

Honestly, I need to know whats going on. I have decided to take the nitrous out of my 4th gen and get her ready for trade in, which means a lot less driving so I can get more for it. If I can have a date I will be able to plan my finances and whatnot so that I can hopefully pick up one of the first runs of the 5th gen z28's. I would just like to see some new and legitimate information come out of GM, at least something to quench everyones thurst.

Fry
Old 06-09-2006, 09:21 AM

Re: Whats with this drought of new information?

They decided to cancel the Camaro and bring back the Firebird instead
Old 06-09-2006, 09:55 AM

ooo, no way. hahah
Old 06-09-2006, 10:20 AM

Old 06-09-2006, 10:53 AM

I mean, I could throw out 2008 as a projected date too...what I want is something from GM. I mean they cant keep this under the radar forever
Old 06-09-2006, 11:28 AM

If the car is going to be in a movie... thats definitely a good sign that its definitely coming. I guess the next question is, if the movie comes out in 07, do they have a car ready to sell around the time that the movie comes out or shortly thereafter...

hmmm food for thought.
Old 06-09-2006, 11:49 AM

Just use the time to put a few 100 a month extra in the bank and you will have a heck of a down payment on one.
Old 06-09-2006, 02:14 PM

Originally Posted by frey51
I mean, I could throw out 2008 as a projected date too...what I want is something from GM. I mean they cant keep this under the radar forever
Under the Radar??! Dude, calm down!

Good grief, you just saw the concept in January, had Lutz say the car is proceeding in March, and have the target intro date. What on earth more do you want??? Who GM's contracting to supply the sheetmetal? What tire rating Camaro developers are testing? How many bathroom breaks the engineers take and how much tissue they use daily???

You AREN'T going to get, nor are you entitled to get constant official updates on ANY car under development by ANY car maker. Solstice was arguably the most openly developed car in the history of automobiles, and we didn't have as much info on it's process as we do on the Camaro at the same point.

For crissakes man.... we even have the CAD of the floorpan & suspension of the thing!!!

Everything that we're learning about the Camaro from Bob Lutz's occasional references, hints from Scott, and the occasional off the record remarks by other GM people and those who post here or pass the tidbit to others that do are going to be the best you are going to get till introduction.

If you want a summary of what is known, that can be provided and it's pretty extensive. But saying the thing's under the radar and we need a more steady stream of info from GM on the car is really ignoring your blessings.
Old 06-09-2006, 03:45 PM

Originally Posted by stars1010
Old 06-09-2006, 05:35 PM
Banned

I agree with GunionM...just wait it out...we already know a ton about the car and it's only been a short amount of time since the last big drop of news on the car. You can't expect a big development every couple days for a new car that may be a year or two away. Give it time man, all signs are pointing to it being here. I personally don't care how long it takes to come out, take your time and do it right, I want one and I'm willing to wait for it!
Old 06-09-2006, 07:14 PM

They probably need to get Delphi cleared up first before they want to get too public on their plans for the car.
Old 06-09-2006, 10:35 PM

Originally Posted by guionM
Under the Radar??! Dude, calm down!

Good grief, you just saw the concept in January, had Lutz say the car is proceeding in March, and have the target intro date. What on earth more do you want??? Who GM's contracting to supply the sheetmetal? What tire rating Camaro developers are testing? How many bathroom breaks the engineers take and how much tissue they use daily???
one ply, two ply, or triple?????
Old 06-09-2006, 11:14 PM

You AREN'T going to get, nor are you entitled to get constant official updates on ANY car under development by ANY car maker. Solstice was arguably the most openly developed car in the history of automobiles, and we didn't have as much info on it's process as we do on the Camaro at the same point.
Amen to that.

Frey - why don't you get an LS2 GTO to tide you over til then?
Old 06-10-2006, 12:59 AM

I thought I remember reading an interview from one of the car shows a while back that "something" would be announced in June.

......anybody else remember this, or am I just imagining things?

Last edited by Ron78Z&01SS; 06-10-2006 at 06:01 AM.
Old 06-10-2006, 01:38 AM

Why would GM tell their competition everything about their car?

Quick Reply: Whats with this drought of new information?