2010 - 2015 Camaro News, Sightings, Pictures, and Multimedia All 2010 - 2011 - 2012 - 2013 - 2014 - 2015 Camaro news, photos, and videos

White Camaro goes shopping (spotted at supermarket)

Search this Thread

Old 03-16-2008, 03:25 PM

Originally Posted by falchulk
Thats called "fender flares" They are not tucked under the body the fenders are flared.

Although I am not feeling good about the production model, the wheels being how they are would be the least of my complaints. Little details have changed that make the car lose something. Its not "tough" looking. Its been softened.
No **** the bodywork they are tucked in 4" from are called fender flares. Last time i checked flared fenders count as bodywork.

I think the wheels filling out the flares would make that head on shot like a lot better. Right now it looks like somoene tacked on a 'body kit' and ran out of money to buy rimzzz.

I'd agree the car has other problems then just that though.

Originally Posted by mlars
Exactly. Wheels are one of the easiest things to fix yourself in the aftermarket if you don't like what GM offers.
Maybe, but buying aftermarket wheels with custom offsets because GM was too lazy to make the factory offerings fit 'right' is not high on the list of ways i want to spend my money on a $30k+ car.

Originally Posted by 1997FormulaBird
whats the point of fender flares if the wheel doesn't fill it?
Again i find myself saying thank you, someone gets it without saying something off the wall and contrary just for the sake of arguing.
Old 03-16-2008, 08:31 PM

Originally Posted by notgetleft
No **** the bodywork they are tucked in 4" from are called fender flares. Last time i checked flared fenders count as bodywork.

I think the wheels filling out the flares would make that head on shot like a lot better. Right now it looks like somoene tacked on a 'body kit' and ran out of money to buy rimzzz.

I'd agree the car has other problems then just that though.

Maybe, but buying aftermarket wheels with custom offsets because GM was too lazy to make the factory offerings fit 'right' is not high on the list of ways i want to spend my money on a $30k+ car.

Again i find myself saying thank you, someone gets it without saying something off the wall and contrary just for the sake of arguing.
It's not off the wall and just being contrary if your description makes it sound like just what I said. I've never had a vehicle that the tires were even or beyond the fender flares from the factory and I've had a lot of vehicles over the last 30 years. Sorry, I just don't see where your complaint is such a big issue, but that's how I feel and you certainly feel otherwise.
Clyde
Old 03-17-2008, 08:51 AM

Originally Posted by diarmadhi
Sorry this was too good to not post here too...

compliments of JaysonAych
What the Photoshoppers are like jesters on forums
Old 03-17-2008, 11:46 PM

I agree, that's one thing that i think most current cars, not just the Camaro, should do better.

That's seriously so easily taken care of with suspension, spacers and aftermarket wheels.
Old 03-19-2008, 10:35 AM

Does anyone see fins sticking out of the black part of the lower bumper? Are they going to be on the production version and what are they for? Looks kinda "ricey"
Old 03-19-2008, 11:23 AM

Originally Posted by JChan611
Does anyone see fins sticking out of the black part of the lower bumper? Are they going to be on the production version and what are they for? Looks kinda "ricey"
Think of them more as 'modern automotive syling', just like high door sill lines and more agressive vertical/forward sloping front fascias. They're more common that you might think though they're generally only found from the factory on more performance oriented vehicles.

On track vehicles they are intended to smooth the airflow that passes under the chassis and reduce turbulence at the back of the car. Some have underbody molds to 'suck' the car to the ground at speed. Watch the next Lemans race - the styling is right off the track.

I guess if your definition of rice is 'all-show' then you may be right - these fins probably won't do much of anything for the Camaro's aerodynamics. Its obviously a car that was intended to catch the eye, not slice through with a low drag coeff, not that there's anything wrong with that.

Last edited by SManZ; 03-19-2008 at 11:25 AM.
Old 03-20-2008, 04:38 PM

They're inspired by actual functional parts that break up the airflow and helps with drag. Look at the top of the EVO IX's rear window for example it's got all these pointy shark teeth looking things. Same principal/function except for the lower half of the car.

Boy I can't wait until someone gets carbon fiber versions of those hah.
Old 03-22-2008, 10:10 AM

What's with that rope?? I know its just a prepro test car but you would think the testers could at least tuck that thing in They know its gonna be seen by the publilc and all.
Old 03-23-2008, 05:23 PM

I agree, that's one thing that i think most current cars, not just the Camaro, should do better.

The ability to put bigger wheels on that DO fill it!
Old 03-25-2008, 04:58 PM

What's with that rope?? I know its just a prepro test car but you would think the testers could at least tuck that thing in They know its gonna be seen by the publilc and all.
Its tied around the neck of the last person who asked whats up with the headlights
Old 03-25-2008, 05:40 PM

Originally Posted by 1bad350z
Its tied around the neck of the last person who asked whats up with the headlights

LOL!! Thats soo bad. :P