2016+ Camaro News, Sightings, Pictures, and General Discussion All 2016+ 6th Gen Camaro news, photos, videos, and General Dsicussion

Camaro V6 lgx Stabikitrak and blink checkengine, Misfire detected - p0300

Search this Thread

Old 07-14-2024 | 01:17 AM

Re: Camaro V6 lgx Stabikitrak and blink checkengine, Misfire detected - p0300

Originally Posted by henoh
Hi. I just wanted to write that I solved the problem. the problem turned out to be the vvt control. 2 variable valve timing valves failed. They just blew up the oil pressure I guess. because they probably stopped working, the pressure went and burst them. replacing 2 vvt valves and the car works like this doll. valves cost $100 new in store $250. Thank you for your help.
You're ****ting me. 2vvt valves? Only $100-250? Well I have crappy luck then....I drive a 2019 gmc Arcadia, has the same lgx v6 (just tuned a bit different, I only have 310 hp). Same exact experience happened with me...after problem free smooth crusing on highway for 4 hours the engine got loud, and same idiot lights, reduced power warning, running like ****... so I throw it in neutral, hit up the shoulder, cut the motor and attempt to restart while rolling...no dice. Get it home, realized starter is dead and starter fuse fried...weird...so I replaced them and try to start, no dice... that's when we try to turn the crank and nothing, motor seized. #^#&#*@&@^!%!$!&#* so after the cursing I order up a brand new lgx to install. Here's hoping this one I can get a few hundred thousand out of (instead of only 77k)
Old 10-09-2024 | 05:13 AM

Hey! It sounds like you’ve got a serious issue with bank 2. Since the spark plug is black, it might indicate a rich fuel mixture. Check if the injector for that bank is functioning correctly—it could be clogged or damaged.

Also, make sure there aren’t any fuel pressure problems. It might be worth checking the fuel pressure sensor or mass airflow sensor as well. Without that, the issue might not get resolved. Good luck getting this fixed!
Old 10-09-2024 | 01:04 PM
Administrator

Originally Posted by lovemycar99
Hey! It sounds like you’ve got a serious issue with bank 2. Since the spark plug is black, it might indicate a rich fuel mixture. Check if the injector for that bank is functioning correctly—it could be clogged or damaged.

Also, make sure there aren’t any fuel pressure problems. It might be worth checking the fuel pressure sensor or mass airflow sensor as well. Without that, the issue might not get resolved. Good luck getting this fixed!
The thread starter (henoh) indicated in post #16 that he solved his problems, by replacing two vvt timing valves.

ADMINISTRATOR
Old 10-14-2024 | 04:59 AM

Check the camshaft position sensor on bank 2. You know, these VVT engines are super sensitive to how those sensors work. Since you're still having problems with just one spark plug and coil, it could really be an issue with the timing, not the plugs or coils. Also, take a look at oil pressure because if the VVT sensors don’t get enough pressure, things go haywire. Try changing the oil to something better, might help!
Old 10-14-2024 | 10:50 AM
Administrator

Originally Posted by Joshua750
Check the camshaft position sensor on bank 2. You know, these VVT engines are super sensitive to how those sensors work. Since you're still having problems with just one spark plug and coil, it could really be an issue with the timing, not the plugs or coils. Also, take a look at oil pressure because if the VVT sensors don’t get enough pressure, things go haywire. Try changing the oil to something better, might help!
You really need to read through the entire thread before commenting. He solved the problem already!

What is this sudden arrival of members from Poland? Seems like you are all copying and pasting comments from other sources. Noah217, EthanW, lovemycar99, henoh, Joshua750.

Might be a good idea to start out with a post on "New Member Introduction" to give you some credibility.

ADMINISTRATOR