3rd Gen / L98 Engine Tech 1982 - 1992 Engine Related

3rd Gen HP Fuel Pump Systems

Search this Thread

Old 09-12-2002, 08:00 PM

Post 3rd Gen HP Fuel Pump Systems

This sale has been on for over two months and will be ending soon.

http://www.racetronix.com/product/RX-FL98-GSS307M-FPKG/Racetronix-F-body_L98_Pump_Ki t.html

This system has a fully plug & play wiring harness that supplies alternator-direct voltage to the pump boosting performance by as much as 18-25%. All factory-type connections are waterproof and look as if they came with the car from the factory. Simple installation. The harness is guaranteed free from defects for the life of your car.

Jack
Racetronix

Please see our other injector specials etc. by visiting our web page www.racetonix.com

------------------
Racetronix
sales@racetronix.com

[This message has been edited by Racetronix (edited September 12, 2002).]
Old 09-13-2002, 10:16 AM

I think that it is a great idea, however I would like to get a setup without the pump, I plan on using a inline fuel pump instead of the in the tank model, which are prone to going out and that requires a tedious task of removing the tank. Would I be able to get just the wiring harness and kit? Your just supplying the pump with more voltage correct? I have a Inline Holley Fuel pump that I would like to install, will your harness work with other pumps or just walbro?

Please keep me informed

Kevin

------------------
86 Chevrolet Camaro Iroc Z-28 Fully Loaded With T-Tops
Mods;
Spohn SubFrame Connectors, S&W Race Car Chassis 8 point Roll Cage, 1997 SS Aniversary 3.42 POSI Rear End with 11.75" Rotors and Dual Piston PBR Calipers, Balanced Drive shaft... Others soon to come...

Best times before any mods done, Complety Stock;15.6 @ 87mph
Waiting for New Motor to be built to see what I got going on Now!

ntimad8.cz28.com
Old 09-13-2002, 08:29 PM

Exclamation

<font face="Verdana, Arial" size="2">Originally posted by Ucantcme57:
I think that it is a great idea, however I would like to get a setup without the pump, I plan on using a inline fuel pump instead of the in the tank model, which are prone to going out and that requires a tedious task of removing the tank. Would I be able to get just the wiring harness and kit? Your just supplying the pump with more voltage correct? I have a Inline Holley Fuel pump that I would like to install, will your harness work with other pumps or just walbro?

Please keep me informed

Kevin

</font>
The Fuel injection pumps from Holley are made by Walbro, repackaged and sold at a higher price... LQQK at the pump and you will see the Walbro logo. The inline Walbro pump is the GSL392 which Holley sells under P/N 12-290. This is a 255L/Hr high pressure pump. Running this in-line pump with your factory pump in the tank will severely reduce its performance as the factory pump acts as a major restriction. You CAN NOT draw through another pump of lesser flow and expect to gain much if anything at all. You would be better off using an in-tank pump such as ours or removing the factory pump and using the in-line pump. The in-tank pumps are NOT prone to failure if you install them correctly and supply them with proper voltage by using a Racetronix harness. GM uses Walbro pumps in the C5 Corvette. Walbro pumps exceed OEM specs and have a 5000+ rated hour life.

Our harnesses are meant to plug into the factory connectors which are on the chassis and the sending unit itself. If you require a harness for an external pump you would have to order this as a special item. Email sales@racetronix.com and state your requirements for a quote.

Jack
Racetronix

------------------
Racetronix
sales@racetronix.com