3rd Gen / L98 Engine Tech 1982 - 1992 Engine Related

82-84 f-bod with an AMC 390 and 4spd?

Search this Thread

Old 08-01-2003, 02:57 PM

Ya, I get it now. I don't think I said anything about you personally or your abilities, if I did, then sorry. We're on the same page and we can fight off these evil people if we all band together. Mikey dragster, maybe you should think before you say something and relize there are people on here that know quite abit about the way engines work and you can't bs these people. By just reading posts and asking decent questions you can learn alot from the people on this board. I know that I have learned quite a bit by just reading others posts and asking reasonable questions. But if I say something out of line or stupid then I'll stand corrected. Try this it works. Nobody really cares about your post count except the tards. You do have alot of posts from being on here for a short time and people will gain respect for you by being knowledgable and not coming up with off the wall anwsers and questions. That cam one made me lmfao. Please don't take any of this the wrong way, just sit back and learn and you'll gain the respect you deserve, because this is one of the best sites thet I have found. If you really want to ruffle feathers go to the LT! section, those guys can be brutal!
Old 08-01-2003, 03:04 PM

I've delt with the mfba people, there not all there and the third gen.org dude's but. so i gotten use to moroon's.
any way so i'm an ******* cause i don't wanna go with the flow.
i don't want a 350 chevy like every car out there. i wanna do **** different cause thats me. so if ness. i'll just have quit this online **** and just do it my self.
and for the rest of the slow people THE Z1-1 427 IS ALREADY IN THE 69 BASE CAMARO IT'S BEEN IN THERE FOR YEAR'S I JUST GOT THE MESS GIVEN TO ME. THAT SHOULD CLEAR THAT UP.
Old 08-01-2003, 03:16 PM

I agree with the "not doing a 350 like everybody else" but come on, an AMX? A stroked out engine isn't exactly like everybody else, either is a bb Chevy. But since you already have seen a guy do this then it wouldn't be unique would it. I think that anybody who puts in an odd ball engine in any car should be shot. Would you put a 350 in an AMX? I hope not. You did say something about the F-bodies in that ZL-1 thread and that's what got me going. I'm done for now I gotta go ship off some rockers, push rods and some other crap to a board member.
Old 08-01-2003, 03:58 PM

yeah i got snippy about some f-body's. i know the guy up the street did and amc v-8 and auto, in an f-body now. i have no clue what to build now but i need a new project. one thats not going to cost much really but one that will take a few years to do.
i hate to say it this far i haven't seen a 350 i liked i just plain hate them every aNDTHERE GRANDDAD HAS HAD 3 OF THEM.
**** i know hard core ford poeple that have ran 350's.blah
there not for me.
i've got the 91 firebird 400 project wich is cool .
i got the 87 z-28 with the 335tpi.
the 87 GTA but that got hit by a hit and run.
so that is getting stripped and i'm cloning my buddy's firebird with it.
i got the 69 cobbled race car mess look's good tho .
i'v got a decent amx collection.
dude up the street did an AMC 343 WITH AUTO.

so i figure a 390 4 spd would be faster and different from him??????.
i guess i don't seem to get along with other f-body owner's.
i used to think the gm should stay gm ford should stay ford mopar should stay mopar amc should stay amc. ect. and so on.
but then i saw i dude with a 85 z-28 with a 302 ford stang engine . out on the ave. doing better than the 305's and 350's.
but i have seen a few stang's out there with 350's moven well to.
it was cool i hated seen them but hey it was there car's not mine then when i saw a fricken 318 4spd in a 83 trans am i got pissy.
then it got me thinking about swapping other make's and modles around.
i build rod's and cutom's for a living but right now we are ahead of scheudle,so i'm looking for some thing odd ball that i could build from spare part's be an alright decent fun car. somthign i could whip together and beat around till it does then junk.so i figured a 82-84 f-body would be cheap and plentyful enough to distroy. but fun in the mean time. but maybe once again i picked the wrong group of people to chat with.
i collect all car's and truck's tho from the 50's 60's and 70's. i love md and hd truck's and 2 door sport/muscle car's along with poney car's.
me put a 350 in an AMX never.
i hate putting 350's in chevy's. every gm i've had with a 350 has been either replaced by a 305 ,327 ,400sb,400bb,409,427. or it was gotten rid of.
i was tired of hearing about 383's so i built a 335 stroker. sadly it walked all over my L-98 350tpi.and it did beat 2 383's one chevy 383 stroker and one 383 mopar. so you can make a punched out 305 move fine with a good cam and rear end gear's.
but anyway i'm stupid dum retarded loser ect. and so on.
Old 08-01-2003, 07:43 PM

Originally posted by mikey dragster
...and for the rest of the slow people THE Z1-1 427 IS ALREADY IN THE 69 BASE CAMARO IT'S BEEN IN THERE FOR YEAR'S I JUST GOT THE MESS GIVEN TO ME. THAT SHOULD CLEAR THAT UP.
So are you stating that you have an actual ZL-1 Camaro? And that someone "gave" this 'mess' of a car to you?

Would just like some clarification on that.
Old 08-01-2003, 07:56 PM

SORTA. THE ENGINE IS THE REAL DEAL THE CAR IT'S IN NOW IS A FAKE JUST 302 CHASSIE WITH A ZL-1 ENGINE IN IT.
STILL TRYING TO FIND THE CORRECT CAR.
I WANTED TO KNOW WAS IT WORTH REBUILDING NOW. EVEN THO I AIN'T GOT THE CORRECT CAR FOUND YET?????? WAS THE BASIC QUESTION. WE HAD THE REAL CAR BUT GRAND DAD GOT IN A BAD MOOD AND DUMPED IT AT THE SALVAGE YARD IN LIKE 1995ISH

Last edited by mikey dragster; 08-01-2003 at 07:58 PM.