3rd Gen / L98 Engine Tech 1982 - 1992 Engine Related

For any of you's that don't read the loung: I am shipping out June 26

Search this Thread

Old 05-24-2006, 09:55 PM
Banned

For any of you's that don't read the loung: I am shipping out June 26

To become a US Ranger. Thank you to all my good Third-Gen buddies; your all great. In fact, some of you have become dear friends of mine. I will miss you all.. but we will someday become reunited. I swear I will post as soon as I can; which will more than likely be after Basic/AIT and when I get shipped to my Ranger Battalion...
Thanks again, and if you guys ever want to know more about me or get ahold of me,
716-863-2993 (I always have my phone except 7am-4pm weekdays because of work; after that I'm game)

or

www.myspace.com/4n151

-Matthew Mueller
Old 05-24-2006, 10:07 PM

Thumbs up Re: For any of you's that don't read the loung: I am shipping out June 26

Much respect to you man. I remember pretty well when I shipped out, & I have a lot of admiration & respect for anyone who takes that pledge. We haven't talked on the boards a lot, but you always came across as one of the "good guys". Maybe I'll give ya a call in the next few days.

Best of luck to you, *THANK YOU* for being willing to sacrifice like that, be safe/keep your head down, & GIVE 'EM HELL!!!
Old 05-24-2006, 10:14 PM
Banned

Re: For any of you's that don't read the loung: I am shipping out June 26

Thanks Buddy. I am pumped as hell to be honest. I want to start sooner, but ****, a month and 2 days is ALREADY too soon to say bye to everybody and enjoy myself if ya know what I mean
We have shared an insight or two with each other like you said.. and you have always been a cool person too.
Like you said though.. give me a call if you want. I'm always up for a chat

HOORAH
Old 05-25-2006, 02:49 PM

Damn man,thats crazy. Congradulations. Its been fun w/ you around here...Take care man.
Old 05-25-2006, 03:26 PM

take care and thank you for your service
Old 05-25-2006, 04:16 PM

Thank you for your service
Old 05-25-2006, 05:22 PM

Congrats man, just becareful if and when you see action ****. Post us third gen peeps when you get out of basic. Let us know how it was. And thank you for your service to our country. We'll pray for your safety!!
Old 05-25-2006, 05:32 PM

Good stuff man. Since I've been there and done that let me give you a heads up on whats gonna happen and where you're going.

Youre going to basic/AIT at Fort Benning GA on a training site called sand hill. You're going to be in what's called an OSUT course, meaning your AIT is in the same place with the same people as your basic training (basically, it's all rolled into one course). The first 3 or 4 weeks you will be in red phase which is referred to as total control, meaning everything you do from the time you wake up until you go to sleep you will be supervised by a drill sergeant. As long as you do as your told and make quick efficient use of your time you will be fine, regardless of the nightmare stories you may have heard. You will not have any free time during this phase as it's designed to 'weed out' troublemakers and people of that caliber. As you progress towards week 4 or 5, you will start earning more freedoms and eventually earn passes until you graduate from AIT in week 14.

Shoot for a good PT score. You will leave sand hill and go across post to airborne school which right now has like a month and a half wait. From there you will go to RIP which is a preperatory course to go to ranger bat for your duty station at Benning, which is a VERY hard and PT intensive course. So time to start preparing is NOW. Focus on cardio and pushups/situps and you'll do fine.

Good luck man. I was a field artillery guy who reclassed and went through sand hill only a few weeks ago to be infantry. Make sure you have ALL of that in your contract. If it's not you can still apply while you're in basic, it's just easier that way. At a minimum go airborne.

Lemme know if you have any questions. I've been in the army for a few years now.
Old 05-25-2006, 05:33 PM
Banned

Thank you all guys; you too Rice-Killer as we have talked tech-talk a few times about our F's.

Thanks a lot guys... I have an update though. Went to the recruit today, and due to a technical ****up last-night, I am being shipped out june f*cking 12. 18 days.

EDJIT: Thanks DHIrocz.. you are correct though. Ft. Benning for a combined 14-week class. Thanks for all the other info though; it will surely help me out. I am gonna start running tomorrow night though; tonight I am going to MEPS overnight for my physical etc..

Last edited by 85_305; 05-25-2006 at 05:36 PM.
Old 05-26-2006, 12:57 PM

Went thru basic at Ft Benning Harmony Church 9/81 to 12/81. 11C!!!!
ETS 12/12/06 5 years, 2 months, 20 days. Hua!

Two things of advice my brother gave me:
1. Take an electric razor....BEST advice I ever got. You can be lying in your sleeping bag shaving, not having to worry about water or cream.
2. Don't volunteer for anything....That one I didn't follow. I voluteered for everything. Made E5 in 27 months. Spent more than half my time as E5. Yeah, there's a lot of *** jos, but should be with a higher class.
Old 05-26-2006, 01:34 PM
Banned

Oh neato!! I think I will have ENOUGH work on my hands, I wont have to volunteer lol. But another update; I am leaving the sixth; NOT the 12. I need to be STARTING Basic by the 12 says MEPS :blah:
Old 05-26-2006, 01:42 PM

Yep. you gotta go to 30th AG reception battalion and inprocess prior to getting attached to your training unit. That takes roughly a week.

Keep your head up. I can say from experience having gone through basic twice, that it's gotten REALLY easy. I was in the last class before they let you smoke and use cell phones and ipods. WTF??? lol They had a pizza party the day I showed up to reclass. Just a FYI. The first few weeks are hardest and the last few weeks suck because everyone gets comfortable and starts fighting and pushing everyone's buttons.
Dont volunteer and try to concentrate on yourself, but be open to accept the teamwork mentality they try to push into your head from day 1... not so bad in basic but you need to be open to teamwork in RIP.

You'll be ok. Run 8 times around a foot ball field sized track in less than 16 minutes and you're good. Any less than that is better!! to graduate you need to be able to do it in 15:36 or less btw.
Old 05-26-2006, 04:32 PM

Originally Posted by dhirocz
Yep. you gotta go to 30th AG reception battalion and inprocess prior to getting attached to your training unit. That takes roughly a week.

Keep your head up. I can say from experience having gone through basic twice, that it's gotten REALLY easy. I was in the last class before they let you smoke and use cell phones and ipods. WTF??? lol They had a pizza party the day I showed up to reclass. Just a FYI. The first few weeks are hardest and the last few weeks suck because everyone gets comfortable and starts fighting and pushing everyone's buttons.
Dont volunteer and try to concentrate on yourself, but be open to accept the teamwork mentality they try to push into your head from day 1... not so bad in basic but you need to be open to teamwork in RIP.

You'll be ok. Run 8 times around a foot ball field sized track in less than 16 minutes and you're good. Any less than that is better!! to graduate you need to be able to do it in 15:36 or less btw.
I was at 30th AG for 31 days. If you go in during the summer that is the most crowded time.
Old 05-27-2006, 03:08 PM

Originally Posted by 91Z-28
I was at 30th AG for 31 days. If you go in during the summer that is the most crowded time.
Yeah that happens sometimes. If it's crowded then I can understand that, usually its because of a paperwork error.

I'm not sure on the number you have to do. It changes with age. Do a search online for Army APFT requirements or something like that, and you'll find what you're looking for.
Old 05-29-2006, 05:32 PM
Banned

Originally Posted by dhirocz

Yes Sir BossMan; thanks a lot for the advice. It will be usefull!

Originally Posted by robvas
What's the reqs as far as pushups, situps, and anything else you have to do?
The MINIMUM just to get into Basic Training are something like 14 pushups, 17 situps, and you have to run the mile in UNDER 8:30. To graduate? Heh.. dont even go there

Quick Reply: For any of you's that don't read the loung: I am shipping out June 26