3rd Gen / L98 Engine Tech 1982 - 1992 Engine Related
View Poll Results: Carb or EFI
Go carbed and save a few bux.
24.14%
Stick with the EFI, pinch my pennies and go in the original direction.
75.86%
Multiple Choice Poll. Voters: 29. You may not vote on this poll

To carb or not to carb....

Search this Thread

Old 03-03-2006, 10:45 AM

Re: To carb or not to carb....

Also, carbs and turbos don't mix well. EFI is what has made turbocharging much more popular in the SBC crowd.
Old 03-12-2006, 08:35 AM

ROFL, that was the funniest stuff I have read in a long time. Damien, you are an ignorant tool. Wow, you spent $30,000 to go to a technical school. That pretty much shows your stupidity. I have an automotive degree and a diesel truck degree (cost me about $7,500, you got ripped off). I don't brag about them or hold myself above anyone, because when it comes right down to it, they aren't much to be proud of. I drank myself retarded the whole time I was in school and passed easily. It isn't much of an accomplishment. Then I graduated and got a job as a mechanic. I have been doing that for a few years now, and have realized I should of went to a real college and got a real job. Mechanic work is low paying crap. Then again, judging by your posts, it is about all you are probably capable of.

EFI > Carbs

Sorry, but it is true. I love carberetors, most of the vehicles I have owned have been carbereted. I have even swapped from EFI to carbereted. Simply because of cost. That doesn't mean EFI is inferior. As far as why do race cars run carbs, when you get to a certain level, EFI injectors are just not big enough to supply enough fuel (we are talking a big power number here). That is the only thing holding them back. That being said, there are lots of race cars running EFI, because it is better. The only forms of racing not using EFI are NASCAR, dirt track racing, and drag racing. Everyone else has moved on. Indy cars have so much electronics on them you wouldn't even understand (from the sound of it, you don't understand much).

Now if you feel the need, come and ask me a bunch of stupid review questions out of your textbooks. It makes you look oh so smart when you do that. . . . . . .

Martin
Old 03-13-2006, 12:33 AM

Talking Re: To carb or not to carb....

Originally Posted by 82355
ROFL, that was the funniest stuff I have read in a long time.

(Snipped)

It makes you look oh so smart when you do that. . . . . . .

Martin
OUCH - that (the entire post) is gonna leave a welt...
Old 03-13-2006, 01:00 AM

I know a guy building a nasty 408 with a carb and twin turbos, waiting to see the fits he will have with that motor.... told him to go FI but he did not want to.......