3rd Gen / L98 Engine Tech 1982 - 1992 Engine Related

Come on 3rd gen owners, post!

Search this Thread

Old 02-08-2007, 11:55 PM

Come on 3rd gen owners, post!

Before they close this section down or something.Not even two full pages of threads? I guess the good ole days back when I registered are a thing of the past. I know you guys have more questions! Or did everyone just move to TGO?!?!?

Will
Old 02-09-2007, 01:49 AM

I posted , but can get much of an answer about new tires .
Old 02-09-2007, 09:15 AM

Yup i have a third gen and Dam proud of it baby '87 Z28 Carbed.
Old 02-09-2007, 10:18 AM

I'm just busy working and wishing time would fly faster towards springtime. As some of you all know, parts of the Northeast are under subzero to single digit temps and not a good time to wrench unless you have a blazing space heater in the garage.

Pretty sure it's the cold weather that's sending us into hibernation, just you wait and see.
Old 02-09-2007, 10:18 AM

I'm pretty new on this forum, but I belong to a few 'vette' forums. The best of those is corvetteforum.com and the cameroZ28.com is right up there in thier class.

I'm suprized that there aren't as many posts as I see on the vette forums, especially since there are a lot more Camaros out there than vettes.

In any case, I'm looking to post and read alot here.

Cheers
Old 02-09-2007, 11:33 AM

Semper Fi Gunny!

Former E5 Jarhead,
MWSG-37
3RD MAW, El Toro

Originally Posted by Gunny Highway
TGO is far more useful in regards to the 3rd gens. We don't get a lot of respect here.
Old 02-09-2007, 02:02 PM

Originally Posted by Frenchican
I'm pretty new on this forum, but I belong to a few 'vette' forums. The best of those is corvetteforum.com and the cameroZ28.com is right up there in thier class.

I'm suprized that there aren't as many posts as I see on the vette forums, especially since there are a lot more Camaros out there than vettes.

In any case, I'm looking to post and read alot here.

Cheers

Frenchy, I see you're from Ventura. My girl is from down that way. She used to live there back when. I also see you've got an 89 IROC. While I encourage you to post here, you will have more luck getting your questions answered over on thirdgen.org. great place, lots of really knowledgeable cats frequent that site. It's why I haven't posted much here in the last couple years. I used to be all about this forum, and we had a pretty good norcal following here for a while. But I don't see but a handful of the old names I used to see here anymore.

Will
Old 02-09-2007, 03:34 PM

Dont worry, I respect all of you!

Oh, and it's 22 degrees in mid-michigan, and I've been working in my garage where it's currently 62 degrees at the floor level. Mmmm(!) R40 insulation and RUUD 93% efficient furnace, plus 32 flourescent overhead bulbs makes for a nice, bright, warm workplace! Did I mention the broadband and internet radio??
Old 02-09-2007, 04:27 PM

I check this section daily. I just cant answer most questions. They are usually to tech. for me. I love my 3rd gen.
Old 02-09-2007, 04:38 PM

i try to check the forums as often as possible, but i get pretty busy
when i do check the forums i mostly answer other peoples questions
i find that when i do have a question myself, there are few people who can answer them
Old 02-09-2007, 04:42 PM

I posted a 3rd gen drivetrain question, and I'm looking to buy a 3rd gen. I also lurk every day.

Does that count?
Old 02-09-2007, 05:52 PM

Originally Posted by Gunny Highway
TGO is far more useful in regards to the 3rd gens. We don't get a lot of respect here.
True. This board is dominated by 4th gens and many of their owners don't think too much of us.
Old 02-09-2007, 05:54 PM

Well, not everyone can have the best body lines out there you know. Jealousy is the highest form of flattery!
Old 02-09-2007, 07:33 PM

hey hey, i love third gens or i would have bought an lt1 instead of a tpi. Besides the body style seems to have more of the classic lines than the new cars, we have amazing torque (tpi) and decent top end, combine it with new technology in suspension and you have a great blend in muscle/sports car. The 3rd gen will never be forgotten or pushed aside, it IS the very transition from muscle car to pony car. Long live TPI!
Old 02-09-2007, 07:52 PM

Originally Posted by stanghunter211
Well, not everyone can have the best body lines out there you know. Jealousy is the highest form of flattery!
Most people will freely acknowledge that lookswise there is no comparison. But when it comes to powerplants, TBI engines and peanut cam 305 TPIs is all they can remember. So yes, a lot of 82-92 cars don't perform well stock/near stock compared to the cars of today. However, when you build a SBC you have the most choices compared to any other engine in the world. The SBC still dominates all forms of racing and is the most versatile engine out there.

Quick Reply: Come on 3rd gen owners, post!