3rd Gen / L98 Engine Tech 1982 - 1992 Engine Related

Has anyone ever done this?

Search this Thread

Old 08-09-2002, 01:11 AM

Question Has anyone ever done this?

its a bulb to led convertion for dashboards, I'm just wondering if you had any good advice, or wiether it was worth it or not, I'm really only interested in doing it to my lower dash (upshift button, service engine soon, so on and so on)
heres the url

http://www.thirdgen.org/newdesign/tech/leddash.shtml

I was olso wondering if its possible to move my 'upsift' buttonsomewhere more noticable, I never really look at it, but you know, if I ever wanted to, I would dig it to be somewhere noticable.

^_^

+=-KarmaCult-=+

------------------
1986 Camaro V8 5 spd.
159k miles
Quadra jet Carb
No mods yet
Old 08-09-2002, 01:37 AM
Banned

I have not tried this yet, but it looks very awesome And not all that complex, assuming you have the dexterity required to twist (or preferably solder) the LEDs and resistors together *heehee*

I love the orange glow in my bird, but I think that the LEDs would make it look much better. I'll look into it, and if I ever get my digicam fixed, I'll post pictures

------------------
James D Montigny
1992 Pontiac Firebird 5.0
Bone Stock Officer, I Swear !

The members of this board are enthusiasts, not experts.
Please consider everything that you read an opinion.
Old 08-09-2002, 02:33 PM

I'm just worried that it wont light my dash board all the way at night, I'm also wondering if it would look good with white gauges.
The pictures in the tech article look good, but not all the numbers are lit up, and that sorta bothers me, because led bulbs emit a single line of light, unlike a light bulb which emits light everywhere, I'll probably check it out, the worst thing that could happen is I would need a new dash.

+=-KarmaCult-=+

------------------
1986 Camaro V8 5 spd.
159k miles
Quadra jet Carb
No mods yet