3rd Gen / L98 Engine Tech 1982 - 1992 Engine Related

headers and exhaust for 87 camaro?

Search this Thread

Old 09-30-2002, 10:33 AM

headers and exhaust for 87 camaro?

these are what im looking at for my 305TPI 87' iroc

http://store.summitracing.com/partdetail.asp?part=16594 - exhaust

http://store.summitracing.com/partdetail.asp?part=15327 - headers

i have decided ill do exhaust/intake and see how i like it....because i really would rather not touch my engine (heads cam etc)

im looking for performance at good cost....im not gonna buy the top of the line....but how are those two preformance wise for the cost? any other suggestions because that is my general price range...if you know of something better for around the same cost id appreciate any feedback...ive heard good things about borla and from what my friends say edelbrock is good for the price

thnx
Old 09-30-2002, 12:35 PM

Go with the Hooker 2055's over the Edelbrocks. They're $350 from summit I think, Im happy with mine.
Old 09-30-2002, 12:47 PM

i might go for flowmaster forceII instead of borla.....cheaper and flowmasters are good enough

ill look into the hookers

just a question....do you hit your front bumper alot? im gettin pissed....i can't go up/down ANY driveway because my bumper scrapes....bloody everything...the slightest dip or rise and my bumper scrapes....my car is all stock...and i scrape like a ****....i have to take dips SOOO slow....is there anything to do about that or is the the cost of having an elongated front?
Old 09-30-2002, 03:26 PM

Aucutally Im running the Force II system, too. Its a personal thing, but I like the look of a big single dump over two tips. Kinda stealthy, now only if I could get my car to run like a sleeper should lol. It sounds pretty mean with a 3" in/out cat and a mild cam, but the quailty of the Borla system probably far exceeds the Flowmaster system. The Force II is only about $250 if I remember. You might want to meet in the middle somewhere, maybe the Hooker system?

About the scraping, you just gotta get used to driving very slow over everything, and going in at angles to driveways, also pulling out at angles. It'll take a little while to get used to just driving like that, but it'll come with time. I noticed that even when I drive my beater around I still put into driveways at really sharp angles, lol.
Old 09-30-2002, 08:34 PM
Banned

Re: headers and exhaust for 87 camaro?

Exhaust is good. Headers, YUK. I have used those and was glad to get rid of them. I would suggest 1 5/8 SLP headers for you. I have 1 3/4 but I am running a 383.