3rd Gen / L98 Engine Tech 1982 - 1992 Engine Related

heres an idea

Search this Thread

Old 03-24-2004, 12:47 AM

I'd say you should first learn how to make complete sentences that make sense. Second talk to you dad and actuly find out how a car works. Third read up about our cars and the options you have with them. Then start talking about motor swaps.
Old 03-25-2004, 12:44 AM

well i want to lower it put a fule injected engin in it you know make it a street race car
Old 03-25-2004, 12:48 AM

Originally posted by 5.0camaro
I'd say you should first learn how to make complete sentences that make sense. Second talk to you dad and actuly find out how a car works. Third read up about our cars and the options you have with them. Then start talking about motor swaps.
dude my dad wants me to look around see what every body eles is doing i want to know how you guys custmize and dont worrie about my spelling i suck at it but i know dirtbikes and a love cars and i love my comp
Old 03-25-2004, 01:43 AM

It's a nice pipe dream. I wish you luck.
Old 03-25-2004, 02:50 AM

you can't just say "i wanna build me-self a race car, daddy" and think you're gonna build one without knowing wtf you're doing.

you're not going to have a race car until you figure out what a crank shaft is and all the other parts of an engine.

and don't be stuck on just one year... that's retarded just to get a car because it was made the same year you were born in. it's not that cool to drive a car that's older than you, since the 87 camaro came out in 86.

since you don't know anything about cars (you havn't shown me proof that you do), why don't you just save up your money and buy yourself an already built car for usually less than what was put in. but before you buy that car... you still need to learn about cars so you can maintain it... that, or you'll have waisted all your piggy bank money on a nice lawn decoration because you dont know how to fix your car.

seriously. read a book about cars. realize there are better engines than an 87 vette L98.

since your young... i'd tell you to get yourself a 5.7 L 90-92 iroc-z/28 if you want it automatic (for more consistant track times), or a 5.0 90-92 z28 if you want the option of having your car stick shift.if i wen't auto, i'd do some basic mods to the car and then rebuild the engine. here's where you put all your major mods, heads, cam, compression ratio (for a blower, lower is better, but for n/a, higher cr is better as long as you don't ping). change the intake (tpi sucks... get yourself either a MiniRam, HolleyStealthRam, SuperRam, or go carb even though you wanna keep this "fule injected"). buy a stroker kit if you want in it... it'll help you out. get your tranny rebuilt and get yourself a nice stall converter. 12 bolt rear end with better gears, aluminum or carbon fiber crank shaft, slicks, the supercharger you want to put on (lower the compression), and you're going to be dipping.
if you go with the 5.0 with a t-5... use it to drive around for a while, and find yourself an LT1 with a t56 still attached to it. rebuild the t56, and the LT1 (should wanna convert it to an lt4 beast)... drop it in, update the rear end and suspension, and you'll be str8.

that, or get yourself a civic and join the retarded part of the population.

but you dont have to do what i'd do... im just giving you ideas.

im not trying to flame, but i gotta say something about your spelling... i think my cat writes better sentences when she walks ontop of the keyboard. when i read your posts and replies, it makes me think of joe dirt for some reason. lol
Old 03-25-2004, 03:33 AM

well i want to make my 87 fast car and not with some stock 350 carb so what is the best way
Ok take your camaro and find a 93-97 camaro that rolled or was rear ended (so the motor and tranny are still in good shape and you can get it for cheap) Find one with a LT1 motor and T56 transmission and do a swap. maybe your "racer dad" can help you with the swap
Old 03-25-2004, 01:15 PM

Hey sorry about that earlier racefox but go to Thirdgen.org they have a lot more information about this stuff then here. Most people there have done the swaps and can answere a lot more questions for you. Go to the Motor Swap section there and look at the stickies at the top they will give you a good idea of what is involved with each swap. Read up and search and make sure to look at those stickys at the top of the page of the motor swap page in thirdgen.org they will give you a lot fo the answeres you are looking for, then post some questions that you are confused about. Good luck dude...........Can't wait to start my LS1 swap next summer.
Old 03-25-2004, 11:44 PM

Originally posted by dj haf
you can't just say "i wanna build me-self a race car, daddy" and think you're gonna build one without knowing wtf you're doing.

you're not going to have a race car until you figure out what a crank shaft is and all the other parts of an engine.

and don't be stuck on just one year... that's retarded just to get a car because it was made the same year you were born in. it's not that cool to drive a car that's older than you, since the 87 camaro came out in 86.

since you don't know anything about cars (you havn't shown me proof that you do), why don't you just save up your money and buy yourself an already built car for usually less than what was put in. but before you buy that car... you still need to learn about cars so you can maintain it... that, or you'll have waisted all your piggy bank money on a nice lawn decoration because you dont know how to fix your car.

seriously. read a book about cars. realize there are better engines than an 87 vette L98.

since your young... i'd tell you to get yourself a 5.7 L 90-92 iroc-z/28 if you want it automatic (for more consistant track times), or a 5.0 90-92 z28 if you want the option of having your car stick shift.if i wen't auto, i'd do some basic mods to the car and then rebuild the engine. here's where you put all your major mods, heads, cam, compression ratio (for a blower, lower is better, but for n/a, higher cr is better as long as you don't ping). change the intake (tpi sucks... get yourself either a MiniRam, HolleyStealthRam, SuperRam, or go carb even though you wanna keep this "fule injected"). buy a stroker kit if you want in it... it'll help you out. get your tranny rebuilt and get yourself a nice stall converter. 12 bolt rear end with better gears, aluminum or carbon fiber crank shaft, slicks, the supercharger you want to put on (lower the compression), and you're going to be dipping.
if you go with the 5.0 with a t-5... use it to drive around for a while, and find yourself an LT1 with a t56 still attached to it. rebuild the t56, and the LT1 (should wanna convert it to an lt4 beast)... drop it in, update the rear end and suspension, and you'll be str8.

that, or get yourself a civic and join the retarded part of the population.

but you dont have to do what i'd do... im just giving you ideas.

im not trying to flame, but i gotta say something about your spelling... i think my cat writes better sentences when she walks ontop of the keyboard. when i read your posts and replies, it makes me think of joe dirt for some reason. lol
**** off you ***
im asking what people are doing to theres you **** face get the **** outa my thread you ****
o and a drive shaft takes power to the front or reare diff and makes the wheels turn so stfu and gtfo you bitch

Last edited by racerfox; 03-25-2004 at 11:49 PM.
Old 03-25-2004, 11:46 PM

Originally posted by Ville H. Valo
Ok take your camaro and find a 93-97 camaro that rolled or was rear ended (so the motor and tranny are still in good shape and you can get it for cheap) Find one with a LT1 motor and T56 transmission and do a swap. maybe your "racer dad" can help you with the swap
you think my dad is bs lol
here you go noob this is his bissness
www.Highmobilityinc.com
Old 03-26-2004, 12:21 AM

Wow. I think you just f'ed your chances of getting any help here. If your dad is such the car guy, why didn't you just ask him?

Edit: Looked at your link. At least your dad, or whoever made the webpage, knows how to use proper English.

Last edited by Ace_437; 03-26-2004 at 12:35 AM.
Old 03-26-2004, 12:51 AM

Originally posted by racerfox
www.Highmobilityinc.com
Wow, I see nothing on that page that says your dad is qualified or has any knowledge of building anything. It's an adventure tour page. Oh, and it's nice that someone with 10 whole posts comes in here and calls someone else a noob. Grow up Jr. Dj Haf gave you exactly what you wanted, opinions and suggestions. I'm sure he could have said it in a more tactful way, but there you have it. Oh, and he said crankshaft, not driveshaft. Nice of you to prove Dj's point so avidly.
Old 03-26-2004, 01:06 AM

quote:
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Originally posted by racerfox
www.Highmobilityinc.com
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------
For everyone except RacerFAG,

well done, go drop a "vett" engine in your car, you are seriously the biggest red wing i have ever talked to.

and if your dad owns a big "bissness"(that is how you spell it, if i spell it correctly you might not understand) then go borrow one of his hummers

For RacerFaG(so you understand),

wel don, godropa "vett" engin in you care, yo R seriouslie da biggast raed wing i's hav every talking two.

and if you da da ownz a big "bissness"(tahts how your speel it, if i speel it correctlie your migt no understanded) then gow borroo one of his himmers

also, go suck a dick
Old 03-26-2004, 01:14 AM

I think this thread is done, but if you want a fast, fun car sell your 87 and get yourself a 93-97 F-body. They can be found pretty cheap now, cheaper than your swap idea I'd imagine.
Old 03-26-2004, 01:39 AM

Originally posted by 97WS6SCharged
Nice of you to prove Dj's point so avidly.
lmfao, i was about to say that when i read the post

racerfox, you hurt my feelings. atleast you know how to spell f*ck right. tell me what school you go to so i can slap your teachers for letting you slide through the cracks of the public school system. don't get dirty with me... i just want you to see how annoying you sound comming on this board and talking all this smack. go to the library, check out the 3rd gen f-body chilton manual, and start dicking around with your car... that's how you're going to figure out what makes a car go vroom. my honest suggestion to you is to work on your car from the ground up before you get your panties in a bunch because you want a 427 ci cr-5 with a supercharger and a dual stage nitrous kit. start with the basic mods while you learn more about your car... and when your done with all the bolt ons and suspension, it's time to learn more of how the internal parts of an engine work... heads, cam, and all that crap. you're gonna have to learn about rear ends, tranny's, and yes, how to custom burn your own PROM.

if i've lost you in any way, please, then that's a clear indicator that you shoulnd't mess with cars and you should find another hobby. hope you're not offended in any way, because that wasn't my objective of my replies... but if you did, i really don't care. have a great day.
Old 03-26-2004, 03:05 PM

aight fine f u ck you all i don't need your help you ****

Quick Reply: heres an idea