3rd Gen / L98 Engine Tech 1982 - 1992 Engine Related

Hey irocbob89.....Hows the swap going.

Search this Thread

Old 06-17-2002, 09:13 PM

Post Hey irocbob89.....Hows the swap going.

Just curious to know hows it's going so far. Any major problems yet?

------------------
SOLD: 1999 Trans Am, Silver, CAGS, IAT resistor, Screened out MAF, BMR STB, FlowMaster, LS1 Motorsports lid w/K&N. SunCoast WS6 style hood. B&M Ripper Shifter.
"The Surgeon General Never Said Nuthin' 'bout Smokin' The Competition"

[This message has been edited by badassT/A (edited June 17, 2002).]
Old 06-20-2002, 04:38 PM

sorry, i missed your post ive been working alot.

The swap is going pritty good. I went to salvagemotors.com and they have some tips on doing the swap that help out alot, such as the an ac compressior braket that has to be welded to the passenger side motor mount. We have that taken care of so i have no problems so far. However im sending the wirring harness and the computer to a guy that will make a new wirring harness to fit on the lt-1. It will have a modifyed compter to, the guy said something about having 325hp with the stock engine. It is pritty costly but im going to do it anyway. Im just currious about putting cold air induction on this car, im not sure what kit to buy. I will also be putting hooker long tubes on it to, hopefully before we get this thing going. hope this is some good info for now. later
Bobby
Old 06-20-2002, 11:11 PM

Wow...I'm still waiting on the motor and trans...hopefully I'll get it in the next 3 weeks. Looks like you're moving along well. I'm surprised you didn't go with the Painless Wiring setup. I guess with a mod'ed computer though you won't have to worry about VATS. Good luck and keep me posted.

------------------
SOLD: 1999 Trans Am, Silver, CAGS, IAT resistor, Screened out MAF, BMR STB, FlowMaster, LS1 Motorsports lid w/K&N. SunCoast WS6 style hood. B&M Ripper Shifter.
Old 06-21-2002, 11:28 PM

No, i dont have a problem with VATS at least not at the moment. Yes, my dad and i are moving along pritty fast. I hope to have it running in about 4-7 weeks or so. Have you found and engine yet? I was going to buy a 95ish lt-1 out of a vette for about $1000 with 50k on it. If i can get ahold of the guy are you interested? let me know if you are ill try to find his #. Talk to ya later
Bobby
Old 06-22-2002, 12:54 AM

Actually, yes...I already have the engine/trans comming. Thanks though. I can't wait to see the thing when it's done.

------------------

1987 Pontiac Trans Am
Lt1 6 speed comming soon.

Why??? Cause I like living in my garage better then in my house!!!
Old 06-22-2002, 02:37 PM

Ok thats cool. Yes i cant wait till its done. The intake and water pump make the engine look pritty old though. Since the engine has been sitting in a car for about a year or so it looks like ****, but im working on cleaning it up a bit. Its going to be awhile till i get mods for it though. I owe my dad alot of money so the headers and cold air are going to have to wait. Its going to be stoke till i get back from boot camp and tech school from the Air National Guard.