3rd Gen / L98 Engine Tech 1982 - 1992 Engine Related

OK I'm retarded...dumb Q about gen VI dfi

Search this Thread

Old 10-24-2003, 08:55 AM

OK I'm retarded...dumb Q about gen VI dfi

I'm getting ready to purchase my Gen VI dfi system. I've tried looking through the net for info but I'm confused. I've seen the same unit's for TPI cars as standalone using it's own harness, a model that runs piggyback to the original ECM and a replacement ECM. Am I going nuts or am I getting fed a bunch of bogus info?

Also want to know if this unit has the ability to tune for stroker motors...? Never found anything saying it could, and everything I saw referenced the 350, nothing else.

With all this confusion I dont know what to do! Is the gen VI really worth $400? Can I purchase the sequential upgrade seperately? I'd also like to upgrade to a newer style sequential injection system so I can ditch the batch fire, and am looking into other options for more precise fuel and spark control (like an ignition system untilizing a crank sensor). Any insight is really appreciated!
Old 10-24-2003, 07:09 PM
Banned

How about asking Lingenfelter Perf. Engr.? They sell the stuff. That or call DFI
Old 10-24-2003, 11:08 PM

I was one of the fortunate ones to get stationed overseas on my first assignment in the army, so calling places like that isn't that much of an option for me...

I also want to hear from people who have used the systems, not people who will try to sell me one.
Old 10-26-2003, 01:43 AM

Tagging Along/bump
Old 10-26-2003, 10:56 AM
Banned

My experience with Lingenfelter is that they don't try sell you what you don't need. If you ask them what it will do for you vs EPROM tuning, I'm sure they will tell you what it can do and what it cannot do. I have called them wanting to buy a product and asking them that and they basically told me that they don't have what I need and that I should call Jegs or Summit.