3rd Gen / L98 Engine Tech 1982 - 1992 Engine Related

Ready for spring???

Search this Thread

Old 03-10-2004, 12:09 PM

Thumbs up Ready for spring???

Just bored...assuming you have your camaro in storage, when are you taking it out?? Also what is the FIRST mod your going to do to it after takin it out. As for me, im taking mine out probably around the middle of April and its going straight to the shop to beef up the rearend (new bearings, gearing, etc.)!!

Just seein what people are doin to their camaro's these days
Old 03-10-2004, 12:26 PM

Mine's been down for the winter with the interior gutted. I have all the body seams welded and I'm getting started on the bumper-bumper rewiring (including autometer dash) now. Whenever I get done and get the interior back in, she'll be back on the streets.
Old 03-10-2004, 02:38 PM

ive already been drivin mine on nice days here. but its not "ready" as far as im concerned. i still need 28 spline axles and a posi,but im puttin that in a disk brake rear end and then changing the whole rearend into my car so ill have 4 wheel disk...itll be fun.
Old 03-10-2004, 02:42 PM

Mines in the middle of modding out. We never start Mod projects in the spring or summer months Only Fall & Winter months.

Mines I am hoping to have in to the Shop for headers & catback system this next week & back out soon after. It has to be ready for a race date April 2nd If NOT I am driving my husbands new truck & its a Manual tranny & I cant drive a manual.
Old 03-10-2004, 04:33 PM

mines in the woods under a bunch of snow.
so ill get it out as soon as the snow has melted enough to do so
first 'mod' should be the bra to cover up damage and new rocker panels welded in.

Old 03-10-2004, 06:04 PM

i'm buying a camaro for the spring, and then maybe modding it before spring...i might have the camaro by tomorrow night, i put in an offer and i'm taking it for a test drive again tomorrow night...hopefully she's in my name tomorrow night
Old 03-10-2004, 07:39 PM

I have a black 91Z myself. Been busy on it this winter. first, rebuilt my fuel system from the in tank pump to replacing the fuel injectors. Second, rebuilt my supercharger assembly including replacing the belt and worn out tensioner pulleys. Third, added a couple of new gauges, 0-100psi fuel pressure, and a new 5" Tach. and finally, I am adding a BMR adjustable Torque Arm, adjustable Panhard bar, adjustable LCA's w/ relocation brackets and a Driveshaft Loop - all in red. I'm getting new DR's, maybe the Nittos. A whole bunch of little things as well. CANNOT WAIT FOR SPRING!!!!
Old 03-11-2004, 01:14 PM

your suppose to work on it during the winter...spring is for driving and washing.

Old 03-11-2004, 02:53 PM

true.....but if u get 4 feet of snow in the winter and no garage space, then its hard to work on it
Old 03-11-2004, 03:36 PM

I've got some stuff planned for the next week or two, and that'll basically it for this year.

Last year it came out of hibernation a totally different car. Surprised a lot of people.

This year it'll surprise people, but in a different way...I think.

Should be fun!

Eric
Old 03-11-2004, 03:45 PM

well currently im heading off to cancun with a buddy tommorow But as soon as i get back im starting to get to work on the roc hoping to get her on the road by the end of march and if not then just as soon as its nice out and the roads are clean.

As for mods the first stuff is getting the repairs done from the accident that put my car into storage early last year. I already have my new front bumper cover just have a bit of custom stuff to do to the body, have to build a ram air box, my turn signals are getting removed and replaced with a low profile LED and then the openings are being used to run ducting for air cooled front brakes. Then i need to get all of the openings in the front bumper cover meshed off and it can head over to the painters to get painted up.

The next major mod coming is a T56 transmission which im hoping to have enough money for by the end of june at the very latest. After that im hoping to be able to afford to put in a cage, sound system, and a little bit of other interior work.
Old 03-11-2004, 04:53 PM

cool....off topic, but im goin to cancun saturday for a little spring break action
Old 03-11-2004, 07:56 PM

eat well before you go...the food is terrible, the water sucks, everything is overpriced and if you look at the police even slightly wrong you may never be seen again.

upside is the water is beautiful, weather is outstanding compared to right now and there are alot of women......just keep your eyes open at all times and trust no one.

Old 03-11-2004, 11:49 PM

Well my baby is getting the engine pulled and i`m painting the engine bay gloss black Than the engine I`m putting new seals and gaskest in a cam intake and Holley or rebuild Q-jet and a set of worked heads and repainting the whole 305 Chevy orange then put a new clutch in and bolt the engine back in. The car itself I`m putting a new head liner in and maybe a new carpet and thinking about going true duels since I have to replace the exhust anyway. putting her all back togher do a good 3 step waxing and May 1st drive the wheels off her

You know when the 2.8L T-5 S-10 is feeling quick you need to drive the Z28 ASAP The 1st time you put her to the floor after that long winter of driving the beater puts a smile on your face and makes you forget about all your problems when your rowin though the grears and being pinned to your seat
Old 03-12-2004, 02:42 AM

boy thats no joke!! i drive a 1989 honda accord in the winter and that thing is sooooooooooooo slow!!! Every year about this time i start to get the camaro fever and im burnin up inside!!!

Quick Reply: Ready for spring???