3rd Gen / L98 Engine Tech 1982 - 1992 Engine Related

twin air filter setup, cut out the bottom of airbox ??

Search this Thread

Old 07-23-2003, 11:13 PM

would that be this article

Please show me were they say that the ram air makes a difference.
Old 07-24-2003, 01:08 AM

Lord...shut your mouth and open your mind...Aron, teach this guys something...At colder temps gases condence, this is why liquid Oxygen is super cold...if their is colder air entering your engine then their is effectively more air entering your engine...therefore more Air=more power, as long as your air/fuel ratio is right...The Dyno test you (and just about everyone here) read was correct, but only because the air entering the engine was cooler, not because it was RAM AIR!!! If you would listen you could learn something, instead of just spouting articles learn how it works so you UNDERSTAND what's going on, not just stuff info down your neck and puking it up here like you know what you are talking about...

Sorry everyone for the aggressive nature of this post...I can't stand close minded people who won't listen, EXSPECIALLY when you're trying to teach them something.
Old 07-24-2003, 04:56 AM

Originally posted by lordmetalz28
aron just go buy julys issue of gm high tech magazine its all printted in there
LOL, are the highschools out for Summer all ready? I take it this is your first car too... While I typically like to see when our newbie posters read a thing or two before posting, in your case, perhaps you should try reading a bit more before spewing off incorrect theory or dyno results you have no friggin clue how to explain, lol.

Doug791, imagine you are sucking air through a straw. Now walk into the wind... are you "ramming" anymore air into that tip of that straw then what you are able to inhale? Not unless that wind is going 200mph.

Now stick that straw into an oven vs. your freezer and inhale. Since the freezer's cold air is much more dense, after one puff, you are inhaleing more total air... That is the basis for cold air induction (CAI).

Beyond CIA, your other options are to remove restrictions in the way (K&N filter) and get a bigger/straighter/shorter straw. Going too large will hurt performance though... but that's another post
Old 07-24-2003, 06:16 AM

Originally posted by Slow91z
Lord...shut your mouth and open your mind...Aron, teach this guys something....

I cant teach someone that cant figure out how to get off the short bus to come to class
Old 07-24-2003, 07:34 AM

The point has been stated enough, If lord dosent get it now, he never will.
Old 07-24-2003, 10:22 AM

That makes sense though because if you think about it using the sucking through a straw facing into the wind analagy. Think of it like this yes initially the wind would do nothing but lets say its a 75 mph wind (as is a fairly good speed that all camaros can reach). As i start to have inhaled more and more oxygen the vacuum is the same sort of idea in my lungs and as my lungs were getting closer to atmospheric pressure the 75mph wind at the end of my intake breath would help to force more air into my lungs.
Old 07-24-2003, 11:13 AM

you guys are thinking on the right track, but...you can ram as much air into a given space before it fills, you have to have that air rammed into the cylinders to make HP, which like you said it isnt doing. But you are right about adding cooler air into the system.
Old 07-24-2003, 11:20 AM

Originally posted by Aron213
I cant teach someone that cant figure out how to get off the short bus to come to class
Good call!!
Old 07-24-2003, 11:42 AM

Smile

I didn't mean to cause all this ruckus, but thanks for the help, I am going to use some air ducting from Home Depot and make a..hmm i don't know what to say..cold air..or ram air..don't want to start another brawl, so I'll just let you think what you want to call it, thanks again for the help guys, I appreciate it !!
Old 07-24-2003, 12:50 PM

Originally posted by shwine617
I didn't mean to cause all this ruckus, but thanks for the help, I am going to use some air ducting from Home Depot and make a..hmm i don't know what to say..cold air..or ram air..don't want to start another brawl, so I'll just let you think what you want to call it, thanks again for the help guys, I appreciate it !!

Take some pictures if you can, and at least let us know what you think about it.
Old 07-24-2003, 04:38 PM

what cracks me up the most about this is the fact that I have a modded air box. And like I said in my first post, it is good to do, just not for certain reasons.
Old 07-24-2003, 07:28 PM

well i see on of the posters is driving an eclipse so i wont even comment on you. but for the rest of you who doubt me suck my ***** because your not taking any hp from me so it dont matter i read the article i worked for GM for 8 years i know what the deal is your the highschool kids not i just wait till i catch you at english town nj oh wait i bet none of you have the ***** to even venture down thier cause your all running k and n,s on your 305 and calling yourself fast get your **** straight ladies
Old 07-24-2003, 07:32 PM

I'll have you know I have no K&N or even a working 305...My eclipse is slower then dog****, BUT I just want you to know.... Suckit
Old 07-24-2003, 09:24 PM

Originally posted by lordmetalz28
well i see on of the posters is driving an eclipse so i wont even comment on you. but for the rest of you who doubt me suck my ***** because your not taking any hp from me so it dont matter i read the article i worked for GM for 8 years i know what the deal is your the highschool kids not i just wait till i catch you at english town nj oh wait i bet none of you have the ***** to even venture down thier cause your all running k and n,s on your 305 and calling yourself fast get your **** straight ladies
Dude, you are a lame ***. I swear if a 5 dollar magazine is better source of info than my $100,000.00 + education I will be pissed.

When the majority is against you should at least reconsider your position. Apossed to being an Asshat and calling people out. I dunno about everyone else but my car has 5.7 written on the back and is pretty damn fast. The fact I dont come prove it is not related to the size of my ***** it has to do with this thing about wasting my time to prove idoits they are wrong.

We allready exslpaned why the mod works, and it dose work. It just dosent work the way you think it dose.
Old 07-24-2003, 09:32 PM

Originally posted by DrDUKE
Dude, you are a lame ***. I swear if a 5 dollar magazine is better source of info than my $100,000.00 + education I will be pissed.

When the majority is against you should at least reconsider your position. Apossed to being an Asshat and calling people out. I dunno about everyone else but my car has 5.7 written on the back and is pretty damn fast. The fact I dont come prove it is not related to the size of my ***** it has to do with this thing about wasting my time to prove idoits they are wrong.

We allready exslpaned why the mod works, and it dose work. It just dosent work the way you think it dose.
Well spoken, Good Sir.

Quick Reply: twin air filter setup, cut out the bottom of airbox ??