3rd Gen / L98 Engine Tech 1982 - 1992 Engine Related

Upgrading rear-end

Search this Thread

Old 10-01-2003, 01:13 PM

Originally posted by doug791
Ummm not necessarily....i know a place around me where i could take a cheap set of heads and have the ported so they would out flow any cnc'd head as it comes from the company. Porting is everything.

Also darth what sort of class do you plan on running in? N/A you should be okay but my friends dad runs 9.7's with a turbo but its a street class so street tires and all....and in the street class hes the fastest. Would seem like a shame if you ended up running in a class like that and couldnt be on the top with all the money youre throwing in....If theres a slightly lower class (ie not forced induction, not sure if nitrous would put you in that class???) you should be fine. Also dont forget the little things the guy who run's 9.7's gets 35 dyno proven hp from his oil pan over the stock one. I'm sure you have all that up in your mind somewhere though and with some good tuning you should kick some serious as.s
Havent given much thought to competition yet. Just out now to give the thirdgena little respect in this area. And terrorize the local DSM guys who like to think they own the track.

I dont know if Im interested in comp really cause I really despiste ET braket racing. If I cross the finish line first I shuld be the winner, regaurdless of dial in times and what not.
Old 10-01-2003, 01:55 PM

Originally posted by doug791
omg should i even bother with this one(in retrospect im going to say something stupid but)...oh well i will....FIRST of all J knows what hes doing no one was reccomending anything...second of all im fairly certain he ment a 9 inch? (ford) because as far as i understand if you think a 9 bolt has a hope in hell of standing up to 600+ pound foot youre crazy....he did say 9" so yeah or the equivalent being a moser 12....a 9 bolt is stronger then a 10 but not that strong....and the gearing he already said he wants what 4.88?? so the gears dont matter anyways...and....
I wasnt talking to the guy with the BBC, I was referring to the kid with the LG4 thirdgen who wanted a better rear. I guess im partly to blame for the confusion, as I didnt directly address my reply to him, but I figured everyone would figure that out, since the kid with the LG4 STARTED the thread before it was hijacked by the BBC discussion. So chill.
Old 10-01-2003, 02:27 PM

Originally posted by Nomar
I wasnt talking to the guy with the BBC, I was referring to the kid with the LG4 thirdgen who wanted a better rear. I guess im partly to blame for the confusion, as I didnt directly address my reply to him, but I figured everyone would figure that out, since the kid with the LG4 STARTED the thread before it was hijacked by the BBC discussion. So chill.
427 sbc actually

And I had kinda thought you were adressing it to me too, but no big deal you cleared it up