3rd Gen / L98 Engine Tech 1982 - 1992 Engine Related

What up with Spohn!!!

Search this Thread

Old 08-14-2002, 02:37 PM

Post What up with Spohn!!!

I've been waiting for like 5 months now for them to get there **** together for sub-frame conectors and still nothing. I've emailed them to find out when to expect them and they never replied. Now I notice that they've erased the price and set it to $0.00

Does anyone know WTF is going on with these clowns?!?!?!?!
Old 08-14-2002, 03:05 PM

I've heard this about them many times before. Your complaint and many others like it are exactly why I will never do business with them. They have no problem taking the order and keeping your money for a loooong time before they ever ship. I feel that that is a poor way to do business. There are a lot of complaints over at www.thirdgen.org about them.

------------------
SOLD: 1999 Trans Am, Silver, CAGS, IAT resistor, Screened out MAF, BMR STB, FlowMaster, LS1 Motorsports lid w/K&N. SunCoast WS6 style hood. B&M Ripper Shifter.
"The Surgeon General Never Said Nuthin' 'bout Smokin' The Competition"

1987 Pontiac Trans Am
Lt1 6 speed comming soon.

Why??? Cause I like living in my garage better then in my house!!!
Old 08-14-2002, 03:11 PM

make your own. buy a welder trust me it will come in handy if you are going to continue to work on cars.
Old 08-14-2002, 04:07 PM

i never had trouble with spohn and the stuff is quality....i will buy from him again
Old 08-14-2002, 04:11 PM

I haven't bought anything yet. It just happens that I like the ones they offer and was waiting on them to get back into production but it hasn't happened yet.

They never had a problem returning my emails before when I would inquire about instalation or if they could send me some pics. Now they won't even let me know whats going on. I've tried emailing them like three times already. I even got my budy to eamil them cause I thought they were just ignoring me cause they recognized my email address. They never replyed to his email either.

[This message has been edited by irocz305 (edited August 14, 2002).]
Old 08-14-2002, 11:56 PM

I use them from Performance Concepts. They do custom fabbing, etc-they custom made a strut tower brace to work with my Stealth ram intake.

------------------
90 IROC,394 ci,vortech YS Trim,Stealth Ram intake, ASM 1300 CFM monoblade TB,Accel DFI, MSD 72lb. injectors,Accel injector cntrl,solid roller-296/306, 658/671 lift
,Tremec TKO, 9" Ford,NX 150 HP shot, Spohn adj ctrl arms-sway bars-race tqe arm-,Ground Control coil overs & camber plates,EDL tower brace, roll bar,Kirkey seat
my pics
Old 08-15-2002, 12:13 AM
Banned

Thumbs up

http://www.alstonracing.com:8080/index.agent

I went to their shop to look at the product. The manager showed me his car and it was a beauty. Next week, I went down there to get it done and we had a little issue with my exhaust and got it cleared up and they welded it on for me. They were the "bolt in" style which you could bolt in or weld it in. Best $300 or so dollars I spent. They even painted it over where the powdercoating got scuffed up during installation.

I believe it is $190 uninstalled. Good quality work for $120 but since it is too far, you probably would want to buy it and get it done locally.

[This message has been edited by aklim (edited August 15, 2002).]
Old 08-15-2002, 09:09 AM

lol Clowns.. I assume you know that they are not a distributor they are the makers themselves. And sometimes they get behind. I ordered my sub frames in December and got them in december. They do bunches of orders at a time. Sub frames one week or so. torque arms for a week or so. and so on or so I believe. Sorry that you haven't heard anything from them lack of response would be enough to make me upset. And you have called and emailed them to no avail? Sorry to hear that.. But it won't deter me from buying from steve.. I don't see anything out there that holds a light to their products..

------------------
86 Chevrolet Camaro Iroc Z-28 Fully Loaded With T-Tops
Mods;
Spohn SubFrame Connectors, S&W Race Car Chassis 8 point Roll Cage, 1997 SS Aniversary 3.42 POSI Rear End with 12" Rotors and 4 Piston PBR Calipers, Balanced Drive shaft... Others soon to come...

Best times before any mods done, Complety Stock;15.6 @ 87mph
Waiting for the tracks to open again to see what I got going on Now!

ntimad8.cz28.com
Old 08-15-2002, 04:44 PM

I like the parts but the service could stand to impove a little !!!! Customer Satisfaction is the key to selling parts oh also the parts are good to that is the 2nd key I have never had any problem with them emailing me but I have never asked about sfc.Try to call them if you cant get them online I am sure they get allkinds of emails could you read them all???

------------------
91 Camaro SS
305 tbi edelbrock intake &strut brace crane compucam march underdrive pulleys ads superchip k&n open air cleaner mac headers & subframe con. 3"flowmaster ascd ss hood and gm ss rims 6 speed star spec stage3 carbon fiber clutch Sphon suspension eibach sport line springs bilsten shocks and struts,mosser 12 bolt 4.11, 400+hp lt1 in the build up waiting to get the heads back. carbua targa rs seats ,pics http://www.ofoto.com/Slideshow2.jsp?...id=89850812303