3rd Gen / L98 Engine Tech 1982 - 1992 Engine Related

What's your opinion of clear euro tail lights for third gen's?

Search this Thread

Old 01-09-2003, 07:15 PM

What's your opinion of clear euro tail lights for third gen's?

What's your opinion of this new trend with cars having clear "euro style" rear tail lights? Is it some thing you'd like to see on your third gen camaro? As far as I know, no manufacturer of these lights makes a set for the third gen camaro, only the fourth gen. I personally would love a set if they were done wright and looked like a quality piece. But one order does not constitute making a new line. The manfacturers have to receive an overwhelming amount of intrest before they invest the time or money to make it happen. It blows me away that companies have this product out for the fox body mustang's but where is the third gen camaro? Let me know what you think, I'd love to flood a sales managers e-mail account with 1,000 plus response's regarding third gen lights.

Last edited by 1 DWN CAM; 01-09-2003 at 07:17 PM.
Old 01-09-2003, 08:02 PM

they look ghey on fourth gens and they'd look even gayer on thirdgens....
Old 01-09-2003, 09:16 PM

I agree with Big mike
Old 01-09-2003, 09:47 PM

Thumbs down you must be joking...

What, are you nuts?? The clear lights suck. That stuff is for RICERS. Not for American iron. What next, how about some cool neon lights under the car, maybe some colored headlamps, or how about those LED windshield washer nozzles? Maybe get some stickers too, like VTEC or something....
Old 01-09-2003, 09:58 PM

don't forget some HID headlights so you can dangerously blind oncoming traffic
Old 01-09-2003, 10:12 PM

Definetely gay!!!!!!!!
Old 01-09-2003, 10:19 PM

I can't even imagine how gay clear taillights would look on our cars....they're pretty bad on rice burners but on a 3rd gen it would be torture to look at.
Old 01-09-2003, 10:27 PM

that would be a no go from me.......nasty nasty. DO NOT make our beautiful thirdgens look like crapola!
Old 01-09-2003, 10:31 PM

clear euro with a tint would be good.
Old 01-09-2003, 11:05 PM

Clear tailights are for people who think stickers add 10 hp, neons add 7-10 hp, a 5-inch fart cannon adds 50hp, K&N air filter gives you 30hp, and the biggest **** wing you can buy will add 100rwhp Clear tailights sort of fall into that category (in my humble opinion). A friend of mine at work has a blue modded 4th gen V6 and he put those altezza's or whatever they're called on it. I think he just wanted to make his Camaro look different from most other Camaro's, but we joke w/ him all the time that from behind his car looks like a riced, clear cornered Eclipse (like the Fast and the Furious one not the newer body style), and it does. I just don't see how any manufacturer would be able to design clear tailights for 3rd gen Camaro's that wouldn't look bad. Even my friend that I was talking about earlier said in a previous discussion that they would look ugly as he!!. I don't know, I'd have to see the design on a 3rd gen b4 they put it on the market to make a final opinion (not saying that I'd put them on mine), but I am open minded for new ideas. Nothing wrong with an idea right.
Old 01-10-2003, 12:05 AM
Banned

Eurpoean lights? Leave them there in Europe.
Old 01-10-2003, 12:28 AM

The posted topic was just thinking out loud and getting a feel for what others thought. I guess I have my answer. It's just the rear lighting section on my camaro is one of the only parts of the car that hasn't been adressed, i've done everything else that there is to do. I'm just a little bored. I thought somthing differnt back there would be a nice change from the boring OE lighting.

ohh well on to somthing else.
Old 01-10-2003, 12:30 AM

Yeah that would look . . . retarded, but nice thought.

Martin
Old 01-10-2003, 07:14 AM

There's some dill hole around here with a 4th gen that he's managed to tack a bunch of ugly crap onto, including altezzas. It looks retarded. Of course, it doesn't look as bad as the late-model Cougar with the giant sheet metal spoiler that he also owns.
Anyway... keep the altezzas on the ricers.
Old 01-10-2003, 08:20 AM

You know I actually thought about it more then once

But instead of the euro lights, I want my red to be abit more crimson, and the nasty colors to be abit more blended, you know, so it doesn't look so blocky.
I know that what I'm describing isn't euro lights, but in all honesty, if I was to email a company to get a 'new' set of lights, they would have to retain the stock look and feel, but be abit more thought out, the clear look is lame, even on rice cars, its like you look at it, and it just looks bad, especially on black and darker color cars, because your looking at it, and your admiring the lines (not the ricer lines, I'm saying if they made it for 3rd gen f-bodies) and then BAM, just these over shiny clear stupid things, it would just look bad, even on the cars that 'do' have them nowadays just look bad, they just don't blend right on any car, I'm actually suprised that they are making these lights the factory lights on alot of new models, they look horrid.
And if anyone has ever seen a real european car before, you will notice they don't have those lights so why the hell do they call them european? the came from import land, which although european is an 'import' it isn't a ricer import.....
They should call them something more fitting, like Stupid lights, so all the rice heads down at the 'performance' shop here in chico would be like "Yo Homies, man, I was like sittin in the crib playing madden, and I thought to myself yo, I need some stupid lights"
yup, that just sounds better
I would actually hang out there just to be like "OH, so you want some stupid lights eh? good for you, stupid lights would fit your car well, then you can really say its a stupid car"
ah that would be refreshing

But all the same, yea, someone should make a aftermarket back lighting for 3rd gens, but it should be just like the lights we have now, but less blocky, and without all those eye catching nasty *** colors on it they can be on it, but like matching abit

So no on euro lights, but you get an A for effort

Well thats my 2 cents.

Quick Reply: What's your opinion of clear euro tail lights for third gen's?