Advanced Tech Advanced tech discussion. Major rebuilds, engine theory, etc.
HIGH-END DISCUSSION ONLY - NOT FOR GENERAL TECH INFO

could use some Gen VI install tips/ identify some stuff...

Search this Thread

Old 11-02-2003, 08:24 PM

Location: Windsor, Canada: Home of the FASTEST LT1 & LS1 6 spds :)
Exclamation could use some Gen VI install tips/ identify some stuff...

well i have begun getting the car ready for the DFI. i even began spearating the connections/ portion of the harness that i am going to need, such as h2o, alternator, temp. connector, etc.

there area couple of things i need to identify

1. brown wire ????????? shows inj A (bank A-H)

2. purple wire - it shows h2o-B (h2o signal), and also shows air-A (air signal)???

3. one connector with one yellow with red stripe/one blue with red stripe, one black wire, one blue with black stripe. they lead to a flat four pin connector? i have no clue where this goes????it sits about half way on portion of harness going to the battery. it shows IAC ??? hmmm i thought i already had that one identified on the harness...doh!!! lol!

i printed out the wire list from the link i had a friend send to me. so i have a good start on some of these things.

i am going to go back out and check the colours....

any help is greatly appreciated!

Last edited by taner; 11-02-2003 at 08:27 PM.
Old 11-07-2003, 05:43 PM

Going with a gen 6 huh? I have a gen 6 lt1 stand alone harness and all the parts sitting in my garage. Mostly picked it up so I could run low imp injectors with the extra controller.I'll take a look at it and see if I can figure out those wires for you. I figured it all out a couple months ago.

Let me know how it goes when you get it installed.. btw what are you using for your base program?

Only thing that sucks is no torque converter lockup and knock retard. I think keeping the old stock computer might be worth it so you can at least see if it's detecting knock. I know there is a knock sensor attatchment that can be bought though but havn't seen one for sale.
Old 11-07-2003, 07:51 PM

well i bought the fast track performance harness, motor is a solid roller, so no biggie as far as the knock sensor is concerned.

thanks for the response though! i have a base program to use from a friend with the same setup
Old 11-09-2003, 08:42 PM

taner,

you might want to talk to dan white at dan white racing, he makes a plug and play harness for the gen 6 to your gm harness. i have a 93 with the pnp and it was a 10 min install. but it does eliminate your stock pcm totally.
Old 11-09-2003, 09:30 PM

thanks jay, but i ended up ordering the jumper harness from fasttrack performance, this way i can still the pcm.