Appearance Hoods, spoilers, custom mods, accessories, etc.

1994 v6 with 98-02 frontend , ttop conversion and firebird dash and door panels

Search this Thread

Old 08-29-2004, 11:51 PM

Re: 1994 v6 with 98-02 frontend , ttop conversion and firebird dash and door panels

Damn, that looks really good, the hood seemed a little out of alignment, but that'll always be a never ending battle! my 94 stock hood doesn't even line up right But anyway, how much did it cost you to shave the door handles? I really like the look of shaved doors but I don't have much money, did you use any welding/fabrication or did you just use bondo? Also, how do you install the door poppers? Just curious. Well, thanks and keep up the good work!
Old 08-30-2004, 12:04 AM

Re: 1994 v6 with 98-02 frontend , ttop conversion and firebird dash and door panels

yea the hood is a pain in the butt , but im pretty sure i can drop it little bit more on the driverside.....the shaved door handles arnt finished yet , i just got the kit , hopefully with in the next week or so i can finish them up , i got a remote popper kit so it should be slick when its done , ill do a write up with pictures on shaved door handles when im all done

Last edited by KevsKooLKamaro; 08-30-2004 at 12:41 AM.
Old 08-30-2004, 08:18 AM

damn thats pretty sweet...i'll admit with the k's in your name and the long list of crazy mods i was thinking it was some 16 year old dumbass...though im not a fan of the all show thing you definately put some work into it....thats still a lot of time and money to know that you already want to sell it for a z drop top though
Old 08-30-2004, 05:14 PM

during the front end conversion was there any technical difficulties regarding the headlight connections? Any specific parts need for this conversion of the head lights? if so could possibly let me know what and where to get these parts from?
Old 08-30-2004, 10:38 PM

wireing is the same for the most part besides the foglight plugs , i replaced the whole light harness because i had a whole front clip................ill do a write up on the front end conversion when my car is complete , but if you have questions ill answer to the best of my knowledge

kev
Old 08-31-2004, 12:19 AM

Very nice car. It does kinda suck that it's all show no go, but at least you know what you want and you're not faking anything. It looks GREAT. Again, the hood is a little gaudy, but it's better than stock at least. The shaved handles and LS1 front end are a great touch.

One question though. What are the pluses of having the firebird dash? Do you have to have the red lighted gauges?? I was always more a fan of the "white" camaro gauges (although I've put white LED's in mine, which gives off a blue color, just to change it up). And I really like the added red accents in the door panels. I have the same color seats and i like the way that contrasts.

All in all good work man, sweet ride. Now you need to do the LS1 transplant!

Kyle

Oh, and one other thing I would change. I'm not a fan of altezza's on ANY car, but yours are at least white to go along with the car, but I'd still lose those if anything.
Old 08-31-2004, 12:36 AM

honestly kyle , i think the firebird dash is alot slicker looking also kinda updated the look of the int. and at night time the red glow looks pretty badass .for the taillights i agree with you 100 %, i ditched those .thanks for the reply , by the way you have a nice ride your self very clean looking good color
later bro

kev
Old 08-31-2004, 12:46 AM

Looks great...

honestly at this point I'd consider a t56 and ls1 swap
Old 08-31-2004, 02:16 PM

What body kit is that? I don't know much about the 98+ front ends
Old 08-31-2004, 10:44 PM

XENON 98-02 front bumper and rear skirt , the side skirts are stock rs

kev
Old 09-01-2004, 01:50 AM

Hey man your car is looking bada$$

Believe it or not I did the dash conversion on my 94 3.4 camaro too!
I was from a 2000 firebird but let me ask you something!

how did you wire up those gauges!!!!!!! I could'nt get mine to work I did the whole wire up in that guys website but still my gauges are froma 98 firebird alot of a write up would be helpful right know i dont know how much gas i have or f my car is over heating of how fast Im going help me man please
Old 09-01-2004, 05:18 AM

i can honestly say the quality of the work is superb.... but i dont like the style, for the simple fact that the front fascia looks modified... which it is, but unlike a body kit, that front end will be harder to pass off as original....i was thinking about doing that to mine eventually, but if i did, i would do it up to look all original.... then slap an "LT1" sticker, get laughed at, and put $50 bets on what i had under the hood as an original motor.... make money all day lol and 2nd... i dont like the trans am hood on camaros.... i think they only look good on the bird because the rest of the body conforms to it... just my own opinion though, great job no doubt, just not my particular style.... keep up the good work man i like the t tops
Old 09-01-2004, 02:12 PM

Originally Posted by DOUBLE_TROUBLE
Hey man your car is looking bada$$

Believe it or not I did the dash conversion on my 94 3.4 camaro too!
I was from a 2000 firebird but let me ask you something!

how did you wire up those gauges!!!!!!! I could'nt get mine to work I did the whole wire up in that guys website but still my gauges are froma 98 firebird alot of a write up would be helpful right know i dont know how much gas i have or f my car is over heating of how fast Im going help me man please
the best way to fix your problom is get a guage cluster that came out of a 1994 3.4 v6 firebird, the guage cluster should fit in the 2000 firebird dash . the reason is so you can match wire for wire, meening alls you need to change is the plug , wireing is exact colors , no extra wires at all and that my friend should help you out alot , also when you get a cluster see if you can get the wire harness / plug with extra wire cut so you can do the swap , its easy man ......... good luck
Old 09-02-2004, 09:07 PM

Ok man thanx for the info!!!!!!

One more thing Is the wiring harness from a 1994 firebird the same as a 2000 b/c I got the one from a 2000? Is it the gauges that are the only ones that differ or is it the wiring harness too???
Thanx for the first info though it really helped ebay here I come!!!

Old 09-02-2004, 11:46 PM

get a guage cluster and wire harness out of a 3.4 firebird , alls you have to do is match color for color to the camaros harness. just take your time and everything will work , another thing if your cars over heating , maybe your fan is going bad or the sensor that tells your fan to come on is shot , try looking into that keep me updated on your progress

peace out

kev

Last edited by KevsKooLKamaro; 09-02-2004 at 11:57 PM.

Quick Reply: 1994 v6 with 98-02 frontend , ttop conversion and firebird dash and door panels