Appearance Hoods, spoilers, custom mods, accessories, etc.

93-97 firebird foglights

Search this Thread

Old 04-29-2004, 10:25 PM

93-97 firebird foglights

My car doesn't have foglights on it at the moment, I'd really like a set. Is there an aftermarket set that fits nicely with minimal modifactions or should i just buy the factory set if they are available. I'm sure i could find a set used.
Old 04-30-2004, 01:56 PM

was there a stock set even available for our cars at the dealer?? Someone has to know this
Old 04-30-2004, 02:40 PM

I know the 97 Firehawks had some, they looked pretty good too.
Old 05-05-2004, 05:04 PM

The 97 Firehawks that had foglights, were just plain rectangle lights that are stuffed way up in the "nostril" You just need to either remove the back part of the hole which screws in, or cut a hole in it to make them sit further back. I know the lights that were on them you use to could by from wal-mart, and your probably still can. I know they were the same, because they had the same part number on them.
Old 05-05-2004, 05:32 PM

actually, i went and bought a set of sylvaina low beam headlights that are rectangle, the guy told me they are headlights for the camaro. I have no clue. I'll be fitting them sometime this week. took the whole bumper cover off just to figure out the ones i originally bough can't be mounted probably can be done without taking it off, but i think its easier to
Old 05-05-2004, 10:54 PM

I ended up just bending down the little piece off of the nose. Comes down with 3 body bolts, I think? Anyway, I butchered the black plastic pieces that are on there, and had to make metal brackets to replace them.

I think it might've been easier if I'd taken the nose off. The biggest problem was taking the plastic nuts off. You can't just about get any tools in there without tearing the crap out of the styrofoam.

I did use this write-up though, on how to wire them up. I used a set of Pilot lights from AutoZone.

Fred
Old 05-05-2004, 11:02 PM

nice little write up. Do those lights fit all the way against the black plastic? I think the ones i boguht are too big.

Fred what brand were those lights for the blazer

Last edited by MikeStank; 05-05-2004 at 11:08 PM.
Old 05-05-2004, 11:08 PM

Originally posted by MikeStank
Do those lights fit all the way against the black plastic? I think the ones i boguht are too big
I had to cut holes in the plastic pieces for the cords and back of the bulbs. My problem was I didn't 'aim' them properly before I started cutting the black things and had 8 holes in each one before I got a good aim on 'em. I cut and rebent the brackets that came with the lights.

When it was all done, I ended up having D-shaped metal brackets with holes drilled in them. Then I ran new bolts and nuts onto them, since I tore up the plastic ones.

The biggest issue I've ran into is making the hole in the back high enough to raise up the back of the lights. That's what allows you to aim them towards the road instead of into people's eyes. I've got to move my driver's side one up so I can aim it down... I get flashed all the time.

Fred
Old 05-05-2004, 11:20 PM

so did you actually mount the brackets to the car frame or are they onlly held by the bumper cover and the old foglight plastic. Sorry to be a pain in the butt. I was just on autozone and they don't have yours anymore

I'm thinking these will fit pretty nicely? Part No.: PL-2230B

I wish i woulda shopped around more before i bought!

Last edited by MikeStank; 05-05-2004 at 11:26 PM.
Old 05-05-2004, 11:32 PM

the brackets are just sheet metal. they are 'duplicates' of the black plastic pieces, except holes cut in them for the backs of the bulbs. Here's a pic that sorta shows 'em. You can see the head of the bolt, holding them on.

On one of them (imagine a D turned clockwise 90 degrees) I had to cut out the flat side so I could raise the back of the fixture high enough. I'm probably going to have to do that to the other side too.

Fred
Old 05-05-2004, 11:36 PM

what size are those lights. the set i'm looking at looks like it will be smaller. At least from my measurements i just took they should be smaller
Old 05-05-2004, 11:38 PM

they're 1 3/4" by almost 5" wide
Old 05-05-2004, 11:38 PM

actually after looking ath yours closer i think they are same as the set i'm looking at. they are 5 inch by 1 7/8
Old 05-05-2004, 11:41 PM

probably the same... it's dark outside and hard to measure
Old 05-05-2004, 11:50 PM

lol, good deal, thanks for all the help. I need sleep! I'm going to hopefully buy these down at autozone tomorrow if they are in stock and get them in. I am THINKING about wireing them up to the running lights switch instead of having a seperate switch.

Quick Reply: 93-97 firebird foglights