Appearance Hoods, spoilers, custom mods, accessories, etc.

Air Struts Available

Search this Thread

Old 04-30-2003, 10:18 AM

Air Struts Available

Did you guys realize that there are air strut systems available for 93-02 camaro's? I didn't but here is the link. No cutting, bolt on. What do you think?

http://www.ridetech.com/productinfo/airstrut.asp

http://www.ridetech.com/productinfo/airstrut.asp
Old 04-30-2003, 10:26 AM

They are expensive but, they certainly would set your car apart. I know that I would love to be able to drive up inclines and not worry about taring my GFX all to hell and then slamming the car when I park. Plus people are paying a lot of money for adjustable coil-overs (Ground Control). To them this option may not seem so bad.
Old 04-30-2003, 10:30 AM
Banned

Originally posted by Faccnator
They are expensive but, they certainly would set your car apart. I know that I would love to be able to drive up inclines and not worry about taring my GFX all to hell and then slamming the car when I park. Plus people are paying a lot of money for adjustable coil-overs (Ground Control). To them this option may not seem so bad.
Yea, if they have deep a$$ pockets
Old 04-30-2003, 11:52 AM

$1000 dollars for the front!!!! I hope that is atleast for two I would love to get those b/c i have ground effects but it will cost more to just buy those then my entire ground effect cost plus painting and installation
Old 04-30-2003, 03:28 PM

Geeze guys burst my bubble! I am really excited. I know CamaroCassanova paid way more money than that for a custom setup that he said he couldn't drive everyday. If I can drum up the cash, you guys will be the first to have pics.
Old 04-30-2003, 03:44 PM

why do you guys post this after i lowered my car ! i hate you guys I think i figured out where my pay check for the month is going !
Old 04-30-2003, 05:02 PM

everyone does realize that it will cost more than the prices listed right?

if you want to air up and down at the push of a button, you are going to need an air compressor (~$200), valves ($$$), air line and air holding tanks

i don't know if it is the same for cars as trucks, but all this stuff is needed to run an air setup on trucks...of course you do have the option of airing up and down at gas stations or with a home compressor, but that kinda defeats the purpose of having an adjustable suspension.

1000 seems pricey for the front, but the rear only kit for my truck is 1500 bucks the front is 400-800 i believe, and that doesn't include the valves, tanks, or compressors

Air is very expensive, yet very awesome
Old 04-30-2003, 05:44 PM

I might just get the rears after I get my 18's that way I wont rub as much besides it's only 300 bucks for the rear not bad fronts are WAY too much for me and I don't really need them anyways
Old 04-30-2003, 07:08 PM

Originally posted by red95bird
everyone does realize that it will cost more than the prices listed right?

if you want to air up and down at the push of a button, you are going to need an air compressor (~$200), valves ($$$), air line and air holding tanks

i don't know if it is the same for cars as trucks, but all this stuff is needed to run an air setup on trucks...of course you do have the option of airing up and down at gas stations or with a home compressor, but that kinda defeats the purpose of having an adjustable suspension.

1000 seems pricey for the front, but the rear only kit for my truck is 1500 bucks the front is 400-800 i believe, and that doesn't include the valves, tanks, or compressors

Air is very expensive, yet very awesome
Yes i know it cost more then that, but i need a reason to take my back seat out, and it would look hot behind my roll cage. I would be the only yellow camaro on air ride check that out lol. thats worth the extra money to me
Old 04-30-2003, 09:43 PM

Originally posted by REDLINE67
Yes i know it cost more then that, but i need a reason to take my back seat out, and it would look hot behind my roll cage. I would be the only yellow camaro on air ride check that out lol. thats worth the extra money to me
just wanted to make sure everyone knew there was more cost involved than the page suggests

i don't know where you'd mount the compressors....i imagine they would be very loud if they are mounted in the backseat

i want to mount air tanks and compressors where my spare tire is now, so they are as far away from me as possible

good luck getting everything done, and take alot of pics!!!
Old 04-30-2003, 10:24 PM

Originally posted by red95bird
just wanted to make sure everyone knew there was more cost involved than the page suggests

i don't know where you'd mount the compressors....i imagine they would be very loud if they are mounted in the backseat

i want to mount air tanks and compressors where my spare tire is now, so they are as far away from me as possible

good luck getting everything done, and take alot of pics!!!

Could I some how wire it into my convertible pump?
Old 04-30-2003, 10:46 PM

Originally posted by Marky82
Could I some how wire it into my convertible pump?
what is a convertible pump?

anyway, i seriously doubt it would put out enough air whatever it is...airbags typically run around 70-100 psi at ride heigth...and you will need dot approved air line and storage tanks....probably at least a 5 gallon tank (maybe less if you do not play with ride heigh much)

I've learned most of what i know from fullsizechevy.com on air systems, i still have a LONG way to go on them, but i have a basic knowledge of how they operate...sorry i couldn't be more help
Old 04-30-2003, 11:27 PM

Get the belt driven compressor that can fill the tanks almost instantly. Seriously though, many air bag systems cost $4,000+