Appearance Hoods, spoilers, custom mods, accessories, etc.

camaro emblem decal on hood

Search this Thread

Old 11-01-2002, 09:48 AM

camaro emblem decal on hood

where can i get a big vinal camaro decal (the one on the front end) that i can put on my hood? just thought it would look really tight on a white camaro, or any camaro
Old 11-01-2002, 10:43 AM

If you want opinions, I say it would look pretty bad...and I am being nice...give it a couple of hours and the word "rice" will be posted about 20 times...
Maybe someone could photoshop it for you first just so you were really sure...

Then too some may like the idea...you'd probably have to get one made though. Your best bet would be to look for a large rear window Z28 decal...maybe here or here has them, or could make one of the decals they already have larger...
Old 11-01-2002, 01:29 PM

imo they are ool if u like them

..have seen a few peeps with them..
Old 11-01-2002, 10:22 PM

how could the word "rice" come out of putting a camaro emblem on a camaro? if theres something ricey about the emblem, maybe we should all go pry them off our hoods to avoid being stereotyped. i could see where someone would think that if i had NOS stickers all over it or APC crap with street glow underneath the car, but when we cant show pride in our camaros without being thought of as rice, there has to be something wrong.
Old 11-01-2002, 11:41 PM

im neutral here im just defending the first guy who replied. i see where he is coming from everytime someone puts a bowtie on there car all they get is rice. it doesnt matter what it is if it doesnt add horsepower someone willl call it rice. my 2 cents
Old 11-02-2002, 07:46 AM

Hey ponyeater,
I wasn't calling it rice buddy, I was saying that others probably would...I think the term is used too loosely too, but I think everyone just associates it like "I don't like it = Rice"...

I have learned that there are those on here that consider anything not stock, or factory off of another Camaro/F-Bird is rice...just trying to give a heads up...

I personally wouldn't like it because it's going to draw attention to a big decal instead of the other aspects of the car. I think a Camaro should look "bad (as in WHOA!!)" not "Hey Dude, check out that sticker on that Z..." I am a fan of sleepers though...that's why I have one...if you want different, then go for it man, whatever makes you happy with your car is what you need to do, and not worry about others opinions...

Just enjoy your car...but you can't be defensive when you ask for others opinions, you just got to take what they say in stride...

Edit: I just re-read your first post, and noticed that you didn't actually ask for opinions, so it's my honest mistake for being a loud mouth...
Old 11-02-2002, 11:18 AM

hey i didnt mean to be so defensive. its just that if people only want stock camaro firebird stuff than people shouldnt be painting brake calipers, buying enikei wheels, or be changing their shift *****. everyone wants their car to look good, catch eyes, and be different in some way from the bunch. i just think its been blown way outa proportion after the fast and the furious came out, and everyone is so terrified of someone calling anything on their car "rice" so much to the point where all we can be is stock without fearing critisism. thanks for everyones input
Old 11-02-2002, 05:54 PM

You mean like this beut?
http://www.nastyz28.com/camaro/74zbro.html

Oh Yeah............
Old 11-02-2002, 06:15 PM

Im not tryin to flame you in anyway, but I think that's a pretty bad idea. Not that it isnt original or anything, but that big a bowtie emblem on a hood would just look out of place IMO. Like I i said Im not flamming, but if it were me I would find something else to spend my $ on.
Old 11-02-2002, 06:36 PM

I think it would look ok, but how about putting it somewhere else, such as the rear hatch glass. Now that would be cool.
Old 11-03-2002, 07:43 PM

it may look good on the back hatch. i just got the idea because i saw a camaro that had a smaller decal by the z28 logos on the sides. it looked really cool too. it wouldnt be some funky crap like on that pic of that old camaro. i would have the red white and blue etc. anyways sounds like everyone hates the idea anyway maybe its because no one replying has ever seen it on the car itself. since you guys dont like this idea, what would be a good idea that would accent my camaro without ricing it up?
Old 11-03-2002, 08:11 PM

Stripes.
http://www.3rdgendecals.com/index.htm