Appearance Hoods, spoilers, custom mods, accessories, etc.

Car's going back to the body shop

Search this Thread

Old 10-21-2005, 09:10 PM

Car's going back to the body shop

I finally was able to get in touch with the guy who did my front end repair/paint and the work on my hood.....I had to wait 60 days before they could paint my eyeshadow areas and my foglight area, because the green paint on the front fascia and hood had to cure before they could stick anything on it to paint the black....so October 4th was 60 days exactly but I was playing phone tag with him the last two weeks.....called back and finally yesterday talked to a secretary I think, and she set it all up and called me back with the info. Soonest they could take me is November 1st, which is a week from this coming Tuesday. Soooo I should have brand new gloss black eyeshadow and foglight areas by the late part of that week (and I'm gonna see if I can get him to paint my mirrors gloss black too ) The best part is, all this remaining work is still covered under my original insurance payment!

I picked out an absolutely perfect spot on the Rappahannock river, down by the Fredericksburg City Dock to take pictures.....and of course I shall post them.

After this is done, that'll be it for the exterior.....everything will be perfect the way I want it.
Old 10-21-2005, 09:51 PM

Re: Car's going back to the body shop

Originally Posted by GT KILLER

After this is done, that'll be it for the exterior.....everything will be perfect the way I want it.
Buy a bubble for it to sit in. I wouldn't want to drive that car on the road.... rock chips!
I want to see some pics!
Old 10-21-2005, 09:56 PM

Originally Posted by snakeatinZ
Buy a bubble for it to sit in. I wouldn't want to drive that car on the road.... rock chips!
I want to see some pics!
Yeah, no kidding, I just had my front bumper repainted because of rock chips, now I'm afraid to drive it..
Old 10-22-2005, 10:04 AM

I could always just get a bra for it.......
Old 10-22-2005, 11:51 PM

Awesome dude, I can't wait to see the pics! I was going to suggest a bra too, but to avoid problems with paint fade, don't be lazy and actually take it off when you aren't doing long highway excursions. Besides, you don't want to hide that brand new paint job underneath a nappy canvas bra full-time do ya?
Old 10-23-2005, 10:06 AM

Originally Posted by Brangeta
Awesome dude, I can't wait to see the pics! I was going to suggest a bra too, but to avoid problems with paint fade, don't be lazy and actually take it off when you aren't doing long highway excursions. Besides, you don't want to hide that brand new paint job underneath a nappy canvas bra full-time do ya?
LOL no way, I would never put a bra on a car I'm driving.
Old 10-23-2005, 11:29 AM

lol, me neither, unless I was planning on following a cement mixer truck the entire time
Old 11-01-2005, 07:38 PM

Well, dropped the car off today after work.....they said about a day and a half, so hopefully I'm driving it again by Thursday afternoon sometime.

I think I was able to get the guy to paint my mirrors too, to match the eyeshadow and foglight area.

I'm hoping to get it back Thursday then take it right down to the river and snap some pics. Of course I'll post ASAP.
Old 11-01-2005, 07:43 PM

Good luck dude, I can't wait to see it! I bet the glossy black is going to look a lot better than the likely faded flat black it had on polo green!
Old 11-01-2005, 08:05 PM

Good luck dude, I can't wait to see it! I bet the glossy black is going to look a lot better than the likely faded flat black it had on polo green!
To tell you the truth, I don't mind flat black--if it's new. Mine looked like it was almost sanded down (it's old I guess--I'm assuming the original flat black paint) and it was slowly turning white and faded in the corners.

But I like glossy black better than flat black overall, anyways.
Old 11-02-2005, 02:31 PM

Sorry, my sentence wasn't formatted very good in the last post. What I basically mean is that most of the polo green Camaros I see have VERY faded flat black eyeshadow on them, and it doesn't look good. But with brand new of either flat or gloss, it is sure to look awesome! I bet you people mistake it for a brand new car!

We haven't had any problems with our '95 Z28's flat black stuff getting faded, but it has been stored in a garage at least 7 or 8 years out of its 10 year life. What about your's?
Old 11-02-2005, 02:37 PM

Sorry, my sentence wasn't formatted very good in the last post. What I basically mean is that most of the polo green Camaros I see have VERY faded flat black eyeshadow on them, and it doesn't look good. But with brand new of either flat or gloss, it is sure to look awesome! I bet you people mistake it for a brand new car!

We haven't had any problems with our '95 Z28's flat black stuff getting faded, but it has been stored in a garage at least 7 or 8 years out of its 10 year life. What about your's?
Yeah I've seen some obviously redone flat black eyeshadow on Camaros, and it looks tons better. Mine is faded, like I said it's turning white and gray in the corners and at the seams where the corner part goes to the headlight part.

New flat black looks hot, but I think gloss black will look better. I don't know how mine's been stored, I bought it in May, and since I've had it it's been outside. Not sure about the previous owner.
Old 11-02-2005, 03:08 PM

Oh, I didn't know that, I thought you've had it a couple years. Since you're storing it outside, make sure to put one of those windshield sun blocker things in when you aren't driving it. I've heard a lot of stories from people of their car getting too hot and the dash up by the windshield cracking in half.
Old 11-02-2005, 03:46 PM

Oh, I didn't know that, I thought you've had it a couple years. Since you're storing it outside, make sure to put one of those windshield sun blocker things in when you aren't driving it. I've heard a lot of stories from people of their car getting too hot and the dash up by the windshield cracking in half.
Yeah I have one of those sunshades.
Old 11-03-2005, 06:16 PM

if you dont mind me askin how much did it cost to have the front clip re-painted ? thats what i'm gonna do.

Quick Reply: Car's going back to the body shop