Appearance Hoods, spoilers, custom mods, accessories, etc.

Chamaleon Blue/Green Formula's etc. How rare are they?

Search this Thread

Old 12-18-2002, 12:23 PM

my car is that color..and i just had it repainted like 2 months ago..the same color..and the color code came out as teal green....

1994 Chevrolet All Other Models

Medium Teal Blue Metallic Clearcoat 37/WA146A

that was the actual color.
Old 12-18-2002, 08:39 PM

Paint code 37, which the Camaro White Book refers to as "Bright Teal Metallic" and the Firebird Red Book refers to as "Dark Aqua Metallic," is not the same color as 79, which is the topic of this thread.

My GM Service Parts Operation RPO code book also confirms this, referring to 37U as either Medium Teal Blue Metallic, Manta Green Metallic or Steller Blue, with the paint names varying based on which model you purchased and 79U as Mystic Teal Pearl.
Old 12-19-2002, 12:19 PM

Wow, some good info in this thread. I can't believe that guys asking $17,000 for that Camaro!

So let me get this straigh, Mystic Teal and Chamaleon Blue/Green have the same paint code, but, when looking at them, they're pretty different colors right? Wonder why they did that...
Old 12-19-2002, 12:44 PM

Yes, they have the same paint code. fwiw, I don't believe that it is so much a difference in color, but the driving/parking habits of the owner, when it comes to light and dark in what creates the variations. Not based on true fact, but when I bought my car the salesdroid told me they were having trouble selling the color-shifting colors, because of the fade that can occur over time and that they could end up being one color or another over time. So, if it is parked outside all of the time, the appearance may take on a lighter tone than someone whose car is always garaged. They also told me to never get into an accident w/ it, because they would never be able to match it due to the fade.
Old 12-22-2002, 07:41 PM

Check out my formula in my sig. I warn you the pic is photoshopped coz i just got the car and its in storage for the winter, so i couldnt get pics. so this is what it looks like
Old 04-15-2003, 03:58 PM

I added a couple newer pics to my original post. Just wanted to see if any more were out there!

Flyinlow: Sweeeeeet lookin car man! Looks familiar My paint isn't as good since it sat so long, and I REALLY need to take a clay bar to it. Need to get the engine rebuilt first

Last edited by Dave88LX; 04-15-2003 at 04:12 PM.
Old 04-16-2003, 12:23 AM
Banned

Originally posted by Dave88LX
I added a couple newer pics to my original post. Just wanted to see if any more were out there!

Flyinlow: Sweeeeeet lookin car man! Looks familiar My paint isn't as good since it sat so long, and I REALLY need to take a clay bar to it. Need to get the engine rebuilt first
nice pics! and i like the color, but im confused: have we established that it is rare or not really?
Old 04-17-2003, 10:45 AM

Originally posted by stik6shift98
nice pics! and i like the color, but im confused: have we established that it is rare or not really?
You got me. But I think most other non-educated think it is. In fact yesterday I was driving down the interstate with the t-tops off and windows down. Cruise was set at 70 when I see in my rear-view a truck flying up in the lane next to me. After a few seconds I notice the truck haden't past like he should have at his speed. The truck slowly passes me and gets just a head of me with the driver's head completely turned the other way in utter dumfoundness of the car. I act like I don't notice, and then he slows down a bit and gets a little behind my car. He then speeds up to my door, slows down and speeds back up. I realized he was trying to see the "shifting" effect. He then matches my speed and I look over to see his little boy in his lap and the dad pointing at the car up and down showing him the color shift. Made my day.
Old 06-16-2011, 11:55 AM

Re: Chamaleon Blue/Green Formula's etc. How rare are they?

Awww. Probably my first thread here.
Old 06-23-2011, 07:09 PM

Re: Chamaleon Blue/Green Formula's etc. How rare are they?

Wish i could remember the numbers. When i first got my dads 95 mystic teal ta we looked everywhere and got the into on production numbers through our dealership where it was bought when new. Been about 5 yrs since so i totally forget what they were. I know mine is very rare being factory auto with no only trans perform or traction control i have both. I rarely see any color t/as or formulas with both its usually one or the other.