Appearance Hoods, spoilers, custom mods, accessories, etc.

Check out my Homemade Fuel Rail Covers...Opinions?

Search this Thread

Old 08-13-2002, 08:36 PM

Smile

save me a set.. I wont have the money for another 2 weeks though

------------------
My 2 Babies:
94 black Z28-5.7 k&n cold air induction, performance MAF,air foil & flowmaster exhast. new pics w/ SS hood & spoiler.Custom hvac&light covers and custom storage bin covers for sale
94 Z28 pics
86 laser red IrocZ - k&n air filters,full msd setup, flowmasters, modifed MAS & air foil,92 hood, Ground Effects & spoiler
86 Z28
Old 08-13-2002, 09:39 PM

<font face="Verdana, Arial" size="2">Originally posted by akrott1:

But, I also have to jump in and say that your arguement is pretty weak about plastic vs. Aluminum fuel rail covers. Technically Aluminum transfers heat faster which would theoretcially mean that the area under the fuel rail covers would stay cooler than under the plastic covers, since more heat would be drawn through the aluminum covers as the air moved past the covers. Thirdly, you are leaving out the biggest reason that GM made the fuel rail covers out of plastic. I am an Engineer in the automotive industry with 7 yrs experience

</font>
to continue the argument, plastic is a better insulator than alum. so it will shield everything from the heat better.
so my point is the valve covers are a protective insulator rather than a cooling device. Jump on that! Junior! but i see your talking about under the covers, that stuff is designed to take heat, i'm worried about the stuff outside the covers. I'll give you a thumbs up though because they do look good but you don't need me to tell you that.

[This message has been edited by WhoBetter? (edited August 13, 2002).]
Old 08-13-2002, 10:17 PM

Unhappy

<font face="Verdana, Arial" size="2">Originally posted by WhoBetter?:
Originally posted by akrott1:

But, I also have to jump in and say that your arguement is pretty weak about plastic vs. Aluminum fuel rail covers. Technically Aluminum transfers heat faster which would theoretcially mean that the area under the fuel rail covers would stay cooler than under the plastic covers, since more heat would be drawn through the aluminum covers as the air moved past the covers. Thirdly, you are leaving out the biggest reason that GM made the fuel rail covers out of plastic. I am an Engineer in the automotive industry with 7 yrs experience

</font>
to continue the argument, plastic is a better insulator than alum. so it will shield everything from the heat better.
so my point is the valve covers are a protective insulator rather than a cooling device. Jump on that! Junior! but i see your talking about under the covers, that stuff is designed to take heat, i'm worried about the stuff outside the covers. I'll give you a thumbs up though because they do look good but you don't need me to tell you that.

[This message has been edited by WhoBetter? (edited August 13, 2002).]
Tell you what, I'll assume that your first post had concern for his welfare in mind and therefore I commend you for the heads up on trying to protect himself. As to all the other I say *^%*%*)&^)(^ I was just in a car show this past weekend primarily for Vettes. Approximately 200 of them and 95% of them were tricked out under the hood with major chrome rail covers intake covers, etc etc. Everything from 58's to 2002's Extremely expensive high dollar rides. They all purchased all the chrome from places like Design Specialties and others. I really believe if this were an issue at all that none of these places would be selling all this now or as they have for years. So IMHO not a problem. Not trying to be a smart A-- just my opinion

Old 08-15-2002, 10:23 PM

<font face="Verdana, Arial" size="2">Originally posted by Natedog:
I'd be up for buying them but I'd like them black with Trans Am in chrome and I'd be up for a radiator shroud too (black with a chrome Firebird logo). Get ahold of me if you would like some cash.
Thanks
Nate

</font>
Sp akrott1 how are we doing does it look like we are going to be able to do this or thati are you going tob e able to do this I should say
Old 08-16-2002, 11:56 AM

Arrow

[/b][/QUOTE]
Sp akrott1 how are we doing does it look like we are going to be able to do this or thati are you going tob e able to do this I should say[/B][/QUOTE]

I finalized the design today and sent it to the laser cutters for a new quote at a much lower quantity since I know only have about 11 people (out of 30 originally) that have committed to buying a set, I probably won't see the results until Monday or Tuesday. I will let everyone know what is going on. I am going to try to keep the same price as before, I just won't make any money on the whole deal...which should make Chris Frez happy since I don't pay advertising fees...

------------------
94 Z28 LT1 A4
BLACK w/ FLAME RED INT
20k Orig. Miles
SLP CAI
2OTL Cat Back
Hypertech 160 TSTAT
BMR STB
http://community.webshots.com/album/36772017dOzRqG
Old 08-16-2002, 09:08 PM

Cool

Anyone else want to jump in here and tell the man they will order for sure. I thank you akrott for even continuing the pursuit and will love to get a set if it works out.
Old 08-18-2002, 05:21 AM

Hey if you will shoot me a e-mail and how much they cost.... I WILL definatly buy a set!

------------------
97 Z28 M6
Mods:
52mm BBK TB
K&N FIPK

STAR Stage 3 clutch
ZR-1 17x9.5s and 17x11's w/BFG G-force KD's
4.10's in the rear
American thunder cat back
CSI Electric H2O Pump
160 Stat
B&M Ripper
LT1 Edit
sweet 4in cowl hood with a 5in 1 piece spoiler
And a fresh new paint job FINALLY!
Old 08-18-2002, 07:15 AM

Hey Email me the price and i will buy some..

izombie668@hotmail.com

Jr
Old 08-18-2002, 07:39 PM

Just sent you an e-mail.... COUNT ME IN!!!!

------------------
'96 Z/28 M6 Black/Black Lou's SS Short Stick, SLP Hurst ****, '02 SS, 10-spoke wheels/F-1 tires, '69 Z/28 Emblems

96Z28Pics

'98 VFR800FI w/ 2-Bros. High Mount CF Muffler
Old 08-18-2002, 11:04 PM

I'm interested, drop me a line when you get a chance,

Thanks

------------------
Homepage - http://www.z28only.com
Email - 94z28jbw@team.camaroz28.com
1994 Z28 - Black w/ T-tops, 17x9.5 rims, M6

Mods to date:Underdrive Pulleys, Hotchkis Rear Suspension Package, 17 in. BBS Moda Rims, Wings-West Rear Spoiler, Momo Shifter w/ Hurst Short-Throw, Hypertech Power Programing, Bosch Platinum Spark Plugs, 3 in. Flowmaster Exhaust
Old 08-21-2002, 10:07 AM

Thumbs up

The fuel rail covers are a GO! I sent emails already to those of you that had expressed previously. If for some reason I missed you, or you are interested in a set, please email me back!

Here are the details:
I have finalized the design and pricing on the fuel rail covers. Deal remains the same, one set of bare aluminum fuel rail covers produced from 1/16" aluminum sheeting. These covers will come ready to mount. They will require you to remove (2) wire harness clips and slightly bend (or remove) a small metal bracket near the injectors. No extra hardware is required. I will be putting together an instruction sheet (with photos) that will be shipped along with your covers. Price is still $65.00 shipped. I will accept either money orders or personal checks, but if you send me a personal check I will make sure it clears before I ship the covers.

Again please respond in email to confirm your order and I will respond with where to send your money....I also can be paid via paypal.

Here is the link to the picture of my covers installed after painting and stickers.

http://community.webshots.com/album/45333320FWBvrm

------------------
94 Z28 LT1 A4
BLACK w/ FLAME RED INT
20k Orig. Miles
SLP CAI
2OTL Cat Back
Hypertech 160 TSTAT
BMR STB
http://community.webshots.com/album/36772017dOzRqG
Old 08-27-2002, 09:06 PM

Looking good can't wait to get my set
Old 08-31-2002, 08:22 PM

Thumbs up

Guys these are a really great deal I think better jump on it quick before he shuts production down.
Old 09-08-2002, 01:02 AM
L44

i want a pair im in on the purchase

------------------
- BIGKerneL 44
:: 1996 Camaro Z28
:: Black, M6, Full Tint / 350 rwhp/ Whole lotta chrome
:: My 4th Gen
Old 09-08-2002, 01:50 AM

Im in for a set but I've got a 93 which means my intake and fuel rails differ a little. I know this is prolly early for you to be offering any kind of variations but if I didn't ask I could end up with them not fitting.

By the way...smart thinking...it's guys like you that can come up with a simple idea and turn it into a profitable thing. Good luck to ya!

Quick Reply: Check out my Homemade Fuel Rail Covers...Opinions?