Appearance Hoods, spoilers, custom mods, accessories, etc.

Do I need a new taillight??

Search this Thread

Old 03-07-2003, 09:37 PM

Question Do I need a new taillight??

ok i was driving around tonight and i decided to stop at the movie store to get a movie. I left the car on and when i came back out i noticed my left tailight didnt have the far left bulb lit up. I look at the right one, and the whole tailight is lit. Funny thing is, i dont know how its supposed to loo. My turn signals work fine, but is the far right bulb on the right lens supposed to be on with the car sitting there? or should it be off. I would take a pic if i could.

so to make it simple, car is sitting there, just the parking break and all lights on.....

Left taillight: Turn signal works, far left bulb isnt lit up while car is stationary with the parking brake on.

Right taillight: Turn signal works, all bulbs lit while car is stationary with the parking brake on.

so whats wrong, i know it obviously doesnt look right. Anyone know how its supposed to be? thanks

Last edited by BlackbirdWS6; 03-07-2003 at 09:40 PM.
Old 03-07-2003, 10:31 PM

im pretty sure that is just a nother light to fill up ur whole taillight. its just there when ur headlights or marker lights are on. the one in the right side works, the one on the left side is burnt out. get a new bulb and pop it in there. im not a bird expert i drive a camaro but that sounds like ur probable.
Old 03-07-2003, 10:45 PM

yeah i think so too, i feel pretty retarded for not knowing what the hell its supposed to look like. I think i need to see a doctor, haha, anyway, i am gonna pick up a bulb tommorrow. anyone know how long it will take to throw a new one in there?
Old 03-08-2003, 08:37 AM

Dude...like 5 minutes. It's just changing a bulb. Remove the whole light housing, and switch it out. Just be sure to test to make sure the light works BEFORE you put the housing back on the car.

-Mike
Old 03-08-2003, 11:21 AM

i changed mine at auto zone. pull back the weird lookin truck carpet and undo the hand screws. u might have to pop the panel off on that side too. the only problem i could see is the bulb being too gummed up from the grease to come out. but u can yank the end of the bulb out with needle nose plyers if that happens. gl