Appearance Hoods, spoilers, custom mods, accessories, etc.

Don't know what to do next...

Search this Thread

Old 02-10-2003, 09:27 AM

Question Don't know what to do next...

What should I do next? I want my car to stand out...I don't want it to look like every other Camaro on the road.

Here's what I've done so far, appearance wise:
clear corners
prokit springs
rims
painted Z28 emblems, 3rd brakelight, and rear marker lights silver
calipers are black with CAMARO decals
FF75 conversion
Wade clear headlight covers (not installed yet...too cold)

What should I do next? I'm not interested in a hood right now...I put a hood on the '93Z I used to own and then totalled it a couple months later...waste of money, huh. But if I ever do get a hood for it, it'll be the SLP Ultra Z hood.

What about stripes? Not hockey stripes, but maybe the LG Motorsports single stripe? But if I do a stripe, what color do I get...everything on the car is silver.

Let me know what you guys think...link to pics is in the sig, they're on page 2.

Last edited by silver97Z; 02-10-2003 at 09:35 AM.
Old 02-10-2003, 09:57 AM

- I would do a Berger Style rear panel with silver CAMARO letter inserts:

http://community.webshots.com/photo/...51923177JtIPzk
http://community.webshots.com/photo/...51923278JsaCqU

- Then I would 2-Tone your brakes basically polish the part of the caliper mount which isn't your ACTUAL caliper, and leave the other part black with the silver CAMARO caliper decal.

- Concentrate on the engine bay. If you truly want your camaro to stand out, there is NOTHING like seeing people stand and admire your engine bay. I would re-do everything with genuine race-grade stainless steel lines. Then I would do custom body matched Fuel Rail covers with CUSTOM BLACK camaro letters. Then I would get a custom Throttle Body plate to top it off. Stay with the silver and black combo... it's a great combo. Take before and after pics so that you can truly appreciate the difference.

- Side stripes: Personally I wouldn't do these, but if you DO decide to do side stripes, consider something TOTALLY CUSTOM. Alot of the side stripes are really played out. Maybe create something along the lines of the Hendricks Motorsports Camaro:

http://community.webshots.com/photo/...54737044eoFcYq

- Interior: There is nothing more satisfying than customizing your interior.. because YOU the owner actually get to enjoy it all the time.
Old 02-10-2003, 10:12 AM

- I would do a Berger Style rear panel with silver CAMARO letter inserts:
Definitely Agreed! That looks great, expecially on silver!

Have you thought about going back to the '93-'96 style t/l's? A guy with a Silver Camaro here on the board (can't remember his SN) bought my old ones and put them in, and I like the looks of the dual color on the silver way better than the triple. Just a matter of opinion though, because on black, the tri-color looks way better IMO. I have some pics that guy sent me if you want to see 'em.

The brake caliper idea also sounded good, lots of work, but it's the details that count.

I think a clean interior, that is simple, yet extremely refined is a top priority. Not only do you get to enjoy it most, other people love seeing the well done interiors. I have cruised the automotive show circuit for a while, and have always said I would rather see a vehicle's details be perfect than to see a finished paint job on it. I have seen many vehicles that are beautiful from 10 feet away, then when you get up on them, they are trash. SWEAT THE DETAILS! Interior is almost one of the first things I look at on a vehicle.

Just like the engine bay, you can never do enough to make it better.

Dunno if you have thought about it or not, but what side exit exhaust? I like it, think it looks great, but you may not.

You have a very nice car already, so you don't want to go drastic in the wrong direction...I would play it safe with the stripes, etc. until I knew for sure that that's what it would take to satisfy me.

Last edited by 94BlackBowtie; 02-10-2003 at 10:15 AM.
Old 02-10-2003, 10:37 AM

Originally posted by pu12en12g
- I would do a Berger Style rear panel with silver CAMARO letter inserts. Stay with the silver and black combo... it's a great combo.
I like the idea of the Berger style rear panel and the brakes. The only thing that concerns me is the whole silver/black combo. The only things left on the outside of the car that's black are the door handles, headlight buckets, and between the fogs.

If I went with the black rear panel, should I leave the emblems in place and silver? Should I remove them alltogether? Rear emblems silver and side emblems black?
Old 02-10-2003, 10:39 AM

Question

Originally posted by 94BlackBowtie
I think a clean interior, that is simple, yet extremely refined is a top priority. Not only do you get to enjoy it most, other people love seeing the well done interiors. Interior is almost one of the first things I look at on a vehicle.

Dunno if you have thought about it or not, but what side exit exhaust? I like it, think it looks great, but you may not.
Dalton, I'm not a big fan of side exhaust. I actually don't like to see the exhaust pipes at all...I'm debating on just cutting mine off under the rear of the car, completely out of view. Good idea, or no?

I am going to have to do something with my brakelights though...I used to have a set of carbon fiber taillight covers on the car and both taillights got melted. They've both got a big dimple on them I think it would be cool to somehow tint them silver or have some silver taillight covers.

And what would you suggest with the interior? I think Pu12en12g's interior is sweet, but I don't know if I want to paint mine or not. Are there any other options?
Old 02-10-2003, 10:51 AM

Originally posted by silver97Z
If I went with the black rear panel, should I leave the emblems in place and silver? Should I remove them alltogether? Rear emblems silver and side emblems black?
Definately...

And what would you suggest with the interior?
2 words : CARBON FIBER
Old 02-10-2003, 10:54 AM

Definately...
Definitely? Remove them, leave them silver, or silver on the rear and black on the sides?
Old 02-10-2003, 10:56 AM

Definitely? Remove them, leave them silver, or silver on the rear and black on the sides?

I meant definately silver on the rear, and black on the sides.

Old 02-10-2003, 12:26 PM

Question

2 words : CARBON FIBER
Do you have any pics of '97 up interiors done in carbon fiber...that look good? I haven't come across any that I think look really good or that really stand out in the crowd. KISLES2000Z28's interior looks good, but from the pics the only thing he's done is the radio bezel, vents, and door handles.
Old 02-10-2003, 12:33 PM

Do you have any pics of '97 up interiors done in carbon fiber...that look good? I haven't come across any that I think look really good or that really stand out in the crowd. KISLES2000Z28's interior looks good, but from the pics the only thing he's done is the radio bezel, vents, and door handles.
Naah I would get it custom-done...

Like This
Old 02-10-2003, 12:42 PM

What about the guy that had his rear panel done in carbon fiber...do you remember his SN...I think he called his car the White Wolf, but I can't find anything with the search...does he not post here anymore?
Old 02-10-2003, 12:45 PM

Naah I would get it custom-done...

Like This
Looks good!
Old 02-10-2003, 01:10 PM

I think rk sport makes a hood that looks similar to a the SS style but its alittle bigger...any one else know what im saying
?
Old 02-10-2003, 01:12 PM

how much is that custom carbon fiber work....i would think over a grand.,..
Old 02-10-2003, 01:14 PM

I think you should get teal green stripes, LOL. I like you car the way it is, I would just add a SS hood and spoiler and keep the stripes off the car. Buy some carbon fiber and Corbeaus(sp?). Then start off with some headers and let the engine breathe some more (already runs good)

Later,
Chris

Last edited by 1QUIKTA; 02-10-2003 at 04:33 PM.

Quick Reply: Don't know what to do next...