Appearance Hoods, spoilers, custom mods, accessories, etc.

FF75 headlight guide

Search this Thread

Old 12-17-2004, 03:05 PM

FF75 headlight guide

this is my guide to how i insstalled the FF75s for healights.

http://wyland.cz28.com/ff75.htm

Let me know what you thing and give me some sugestions

also i want briter high beams. what brand and where go get them

thanks guys
Old 12-17-2004, 10:15 PM

Re: FF75 headlight guide

many people on here have used the hella ff75's on both the high beams and low beams.
Old 12-17-2004, 11:42 PM

Contructive critisism:
The thumbs look bad, and the larger pics are too large.

Nice write up though. Did you replace all four lamps then? Did you use the FF75 fogs or the FF75 driving lamps?
Old 12-18-2004, 12:11 AM

i used the driveing lights. and yes i replaced all 4 lights

i will try to make the pics smaller

keep them coming
Old 12-18-2004, 02:09 AM

You should be able to crispen up the thumbs by using a sharpen filter. Almost every photo editing program should have this option available for you.
Old 12-18-2004, 04:34 PM

Originally Posted by dmoor88
many people on here have used the hella ff75's on both the high beams and low beams.
i know this is nothing new but i just wanted to show those who are considering.
Old 12-18-2004, 04:42 PM

Originally Posted by Lower
You should be able to crispen up the thumbs by using a sharpen filter. Almost every photo editing program should have this option available for you.
well the thump nails are not so that you can get a clear view of the pic. when you click them and it opens into another window then you can clearly see everything.

my version of IE automaticly shrinks the photo to fit into a window so i didn't notice that. I will try to fix it.
Old 12-19-2004, 03:09 PM

Actually it's not the thumbnail, but the html coding evidentally. The thumbs are 100 x 75, but the html is resizing them to 236 x 177. The larger pictures should always open to a max of 1024 x 768 IMO, and 800 x 600 or 640 x 480 would even be better. You don't need a 1600 x 1200, 250K picture to show "details" on something that doesn't have any fine details.

I'm aware of the purpose of thumbnails. However I'd be hesitant to follow any guide that is poorly written, poorly coded, or poorly designed (graphically).

Anyway. You asked for critique, I've given mine. Good luck!
Old 12-19-2004, 04:33 PM

Originally Posted by Lower
Actually it's not the thumbnail, but the html coding evidentally. The thumbs are 100 x 75, but the html is resizing them to 236 x 177. The larger pictures should always open to a max of 1024 x 768 IMO, and 800 x 600 or 640 x 480 would even be better. You don't need a 1600 x 1200, 250K picture to show "details" on something that doesn't have any fine details.

I'm aware of the purpose of thumbnails. However I'd be hesitant to follow any guide that is poorly written, poorly coded, or poorly designed (graphically).

Anyway. You asked for critique, I've given mine. Good luck!
well i just threw it together in like 30 mis . I will be makeing many changes to it to make it better and easer to folow. But thanks for your critique and keep it comming.
Old 12-20-2004, 08:15 AM

I still think Brian's guide is easier to follow and more explanitory. (And your link to it doesn't work on that site).

Just noticed you didn't remove the adjusters (they are the ones that take the 5.5mm wrench). Is that why you spaced yours out? Here'e the reason yours sticks out farther than stock. I don't think that's too big a problem with the "other" way.

Brian's way is very similar to how I did mine. Actually, he did his right around the same time as me, and he and I collaborated on a lot of stuff. I have done this install 2 or 3 times now, can't really remember. I have had the lights off and on my car upteen times. My install is fully reversible, and requires less work than yours I believe.

Anytime you have to fabricate something for an install you are going to lose a lot of people that are willing to do it right there. "People in general" don't want to buy stuff and then have to make something for it to work when it is considered a "direct swap."

I don't think your way is wrong, but it is a little weird in my opinion to set the headlights out.

Your page needs some time put into to be a nice page (if that's what you were going for). You can tell that you just threw it together...and if that's fine with you, then leave it. And you might want to run a spell check.

I do however think it is excellent that you took the time and effort to build this page and document your install. Very cool of you.

BTW - Brighter brights are going to come by way of higher wattage bulbs and proper aiming. Proper aiming with the FF75's is a pain in the butt, and anyone who has installed them hasn't denied that.

Hopefully I can find someone wanting to do the FF75 install and the time to do it. If I get the chance again, I am fully documenting it and taking pictures. Then I am going to build a web page similar to this one, just with install pics.

Last edited by 94BlackBowtie; 12-20-2004 at 08:18 AM.
Old 12-21-2004, 12:41 AM

Like I said above I just threw this page together and it is far from finished . As for how I mounted the lights I don’t see any way to possibly get the lights back any further without cutting into the car. Something I am not willing to do. If you know of a way please let me know . I do however think that Brian’s method (or whoever wants to take credit for doing it first) is great. However from what I saw it was not something I would consider doing to MY car. My goal in doing this swap was to get more light so I could see where the f*** I was going and I wanted to share with others how I did it . Now if someone builds on or modifies on what I started with to make it better ( like I did with Brian’s guide ) (and I know what your going to say next so I want to make it clear that I modified Brian’s install which means I didn't make it better or worse ) then I will not only put it up on my website but also do it to my car . This is my first attempt at this install. Maybe down the line I will think so something much better. I don’t feel that buying a piece of steal that is 1” wide and X” long and cutting it into 2 inch sections is really fabricating but if you want to get technical then I guess it is. Now correct me if I’m wrong but that’s what I THOUGH cz28 was about HELPING EACH OTHER OUT and SHAREING. This is something I will continue to do. I have learned a lot from this board and I want to help others whenever I can. The point of my site is to use the Hella FF75s to provide more light WITHOUT CUTTING UP MY CAR. If anyone comes up with a better way to solve this problem PM me now and I will put your solution up ASAP. Keep the ""CONSTRUCTIVE" criticism coming so WE can continue helping each other. By this I don’t mean you spelled XXX wrong and u should use spell check . and as for my spelling after 4 years of collage I still cant spell for S**t but I will have my girl friend (who is a teacher) check my site for proper grammar and spelling. thank you for the information and criticism ( well most of it) and help me make my page better for all.

Last edited by camaroz28_97; 12-21-2004 at 04:42 PM.
Old 12-21-2004, 07:15 AM

OK, thank you for posting your guide.