Appearance Hoods, spoilers, custom mods, accessories, etc.

Flame Thrower Exhaust Kit

Search this Thread

Old 04-02-2004, 12:01 PM

Although this would be a cool mod, would it be worth the time and money? You could get something else like a lid, exhaust, cam, something that will improve your peformence. Using propane sounds dangerous if you don't know what you are doing, too.

The only car I've seen with this mod was in the movie Grease, it was the black 46 Ford droptop that the other gang was riding around in, and the car that Danny raced against later in the movie. I've seen Grease only once, so I could be wrong about what type of car it was.
Old 04-02-2004, 12:05 PM

Originally posted by AronZ28
Although this would be a cool mod, would it be worth the time and money? You could get something else like a lid, exhaust, cam, something that will improve your peformence. Using propane sounds dangerous if you don't know what you are doing, too.
i agree completly... however, its not pricy (total cost is about $40), and i dont think anyone is going to argue that my car is slow.. (eaton blown, solid roller 400 SBC) so im not too worried about it.

this is about the only non performance thing on the car.... well this and the electric trunk release... convertibles didnt have electric releases from the factory.........
Old 04-02-2004, 03:15 PM

The thing you must differentiate though is whether or not the car is for performance or show. If your car is simply for show, the flame thrower would be an awesome mod. You'd still want to find someone who knows what they're doing before you go ahead and do it, but it sounds like a pretty solid plan.
Old 04-02-2004, 03:22 PM

Originally posted by meissenation
The thing you must differentiate though is whether or not the car is for performance or show. If your car is simply for show, the flame thrower would be an awesome mod. You'd still want to find someone who knows what they're doing before you go ahead and do it, but it sounds like a pretty solid plan.

my car just has to suck less at everything then it did stock.

meaning it has to 1/4mile better... but its never going to be a dragster.

it has to turn better.... but its never going to be a autoX master.

it has to feel better crusing around.... but its not going to give me a benz luxo ride.

it has to stop better then stock..... but ive given up on adapting ABS, so its never going to out brake a 14" rotor ABS car..

it has to look better then it did stock.... but its never going to win 1st in show.

but most important of all, it just has to make me happy and keep me entertained... so its getting the flame thrower..... and runnin mid 11s
Old 04-02-2004, 03:31 PM

Originally posted by stang_killa94
I dont remember any car shooting flames in Gone in 60 Seconds

I do however remember seeing a car shoot flames in 2 Fast 2 Furious...........hint hint
There was a car that shot flames out in Gone in 60 Sec.

When he stole the old black car with flames painted on it (cant remember what kinda car it was) He presses a switch under the car and the door pops open and he drives off and flames shot out the tail pipes.
Old 04-03-2004, 02:19 AM

Originally posted by camaroforsale
also it would be cool when you get those *******s who ride your *** like crazy (especially stupid 17yr olds with thier gay civics), get em real close to your bumper and let the flames rip...haha
Now that's what I call a "Rice Burner"
Old 04-04-2004, 08:01 PM

Originally posted by 97BBlackZ
There was a car that shot flames out in Gone in 60 Sec.

When he stole the old black car with flames painted on it (cant remember what kinda car it was) He presses a switch under the car and the door pops open and he drives off and flames shot out the tail pipes.
I think it's a '50 Merc Chop top.

I think this would be a cool mod just don't know how it would go with a F-body.
Old 04-05-2004, 12:34 AM

Sorry all but this post gave me one hard laugh... all the comments about fuels and N20 being sent to the exhaust to be burnt so they can ignite your rear bumper ... and rich fuels fuels flying through your exhaust to get ignited by your 9th spark plug with of course the posability of blowing up your fuel tank and watching your ride (IF you can escape) go down in a blaze of glory !!!

I had an image of a strong wind gust blowing from behind your car backfiring all your emmisions and flames straight up your bumper... next thing you know when you next check your rearview mirror, you've got your tail-end in a blazing inferno!!!

Stay safe with this stuff man... I recommend carrying a fireexstinguisher with you aswell...
Old 04-05-2004, 07:43 AM

old car yes...new car no...
Old 04-05-2004, 03:22 PM

Originally posted by MrDude_1

it has to feel better crusing around.... but its not going to give me a benz luxo ride.

it has to stop better then stock..... but ive given up on adapting ABS, so its never going to out brake a 14" rotor ABS car..

it has to look better then it did stock.... but its never going to win 1st in show.

but most important of all, it just has to make me happy and keep me entertained... so its getting the flame thrower..... and runnin mid 11s
Awesome philosophy it's the same as mine and I'll settle for 12's
Old 04-12-2004, 03:54 PM

Originally posted by MrDude_1

All V6 owners should frame that and hang it on the wall lol. Nice way of keeping you focused on your car when you see Z's and SS's ripping down the highway.
Old 04-14-2004, 11:13 AM

the belair in batman forever (one of the joker's cars i believe) had flame throwers on it =D they looked pretty damn badass