Appearance Hoods, spoilers, custom mods, accessories, etc.

Gauging Interest: Lambo

Search this Thread

Old 06-03-2004, 03:13 PM

Originally posted by Blu Beast
He said he would be out of town for a week or so and could not reply or check up on the tread untill he got back....somewhere back in the thread....give him some time.
He has been posting continously in other forums on this board since his last reply here.

Originally posted by camarosource
I think he means he is planning it, in the way of planning on whether to sell them or not.
If he could actually make a profit on these as he seems to believe he can, a thread entitled "gauging interest" says alot. Especially when you claim to have a finished and functional product already being used by others, yet nothing to back up the existance of this product. He could easily take a picture of the car from a front shot at a slight angle, thus showing how the door truely opens without exposing anything critical to the design of the hinge. He could even blur out the hinge and put a paper on the door or something proving it not a photoshop.

There are endles ways he could prove the existance, again if only for bragging rights, and get those pictures posted. In a day and age of disposable digital cameras, a person capable of making a vertical door kit for a 4th gen that is a simple bolt and for only $500 can surely put a picture on the net.
Old 06-03-2004, 03:30 PM

Originally posted by pu12en12g
I want a true lambo style kit, not the Decah up-n-out style.
I've agreed with everything you've said. I'd love to have the lambo doors, just straight up. It can be done though. The only thing that stinks about everything I've come up with is that the window would need to be crack because of the weather stripping and the front two body panels have to be seriously modified to actually look good. I can come up with swing outs...well, everyone can make one of those hinges.

But, to have a lambo....that would be awesome!

Then again, I would be in seeing the price is right. But I need to know what quality the parts are. Struts can give out in a matter of 3 months when these heavy doors, opening and closing all the time. I hate buying thins not knowing the quality of parts.
Old 06-03-2004, 03:44 PM

I agree a pic would be awesome! Just to give us and idea
Old 06-03-2004, 04:36 PM

well if he's still posting in other threads, then i would take it as this being a big joke
Old 06-03-2004, 07:01 PM

Old 06-03-2004, 07:03 PM

Originally posted by pu12en12g
****** PLANNING STAGES ******

Notice: He says he has 4 kits already installed, but the kit is in "planning stage" so he can't provide photos.

This thread stinks more and more as he contradicts himself.
Yea your right, decah has alot of them now, but I was to be the first one!! Craig at "autoxcess" in tampa told me they had not made a single 4th gen kit yet. He said give him 2 months and when they finish designing the first kit, they would call me to come down and get the conversion. I was getting the whole kit (installed!!!) for $1500 provided I let them use my car for advertising. I had no problem with the deal. I went as far as to plan ahead and made hotel reservations for me and my daughter (which I had to cancel and lose my deposit). Plus made plans to hit Disney world when we got down there, needless to say i was highly pissed when I saw the black 4th gen on their site. plus craig would'nt return my calls anymore. I think it was his close friend who got the deal. So I went to the rim shop and bought my dubz instead (thats how long ago it was). But I'm still planning to get them.
But Paul check this out. i was about to re-cover my headliner in the Z28 when i thought about something............... Fiberglass headliner!!!! Sound funny? well it's drying off as we speak, I also plan to incorporate two 4 inch tv's into the headliner. Pics will be up tonight!!!!! I'll be sanding tomorrow

I agree with you on the lambo door issue too. 4 kits that are installed but no pics?!!!!! Cmon we are a site full of DYI-ers including me, you and everybody else. So he has to show what he can do, not talk about it. .....Watch this..........

***********If you really have 4 kits done and installed post the pics up or email them to somebody here to host. If you dont have a camera, I'LL BUY YOU ONE AND SEND IT TO YOU. Now there is no excuse!!!!!!!!!!!!!!*********************

Got us all excited and s**t, but have nothing to back up your claims. I'm not flaming, I actually want to spend some money with ya, especially on some Lambo doors like camaroism (the only true kit for f-bodies). So pleeeeze prove me wrong... going once...going twice..................
Old 06-03-2004, 07:10 PM

WAIT!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

i have an answer to all our problems. We have to get camaroism to tell us his source (which he keeps very secret). I talked to him a few weeks back and he still would'nt tell me. but I think a GP would catch their attention and wallets. Money can get ANYTHING done. It's worth a try, so i'll hit him up tonight and see whats up. His kit is the only kit we need!!!! All other kits will be ricer-ish and not compliment the camaro's. now lets talk about those heavy concrete slabs called 3rd gen doors lol!!!! I wanna see a kit lift those 80 pound doors (each) to the sky!!!
Old 06-05-2004, 06:17 PM

I dunno....Maybe if he had pics i'd have a different opinion, but please...leave the gullwing/scissor doors to the italian/exotics.....
Cars like the Camaro and Firebird I think are meant to have the doors they do....not lamborghini style doors. If ya gotta modify the doors, why not do suicide doors?
I dunno...I just think that scissor doors and gullwing doors should be left to Lamborghini and other exotic car makers.....not american muscle cars.
JUST MY OPINION.....dont kill me for it.....
Old 06-05-2004, 06:39 PM

Originally posted by speedingpenguin
I dunno....Maybe if he had pics i'd have a different opinion, but please...leave the gullwing/scissor doors to the italian/exotics.....
Cars like the Camaro and Firebird I think are meant to have the doors they do....not lamborghini style doors. If ya gotta modify the doors, why not do suicide doors?
I dunno...I just think that scissor doors and gullwing doors should be left to Lamborghini and other exotic car makers.....not american muscle cars.
JUST MY OPINION.....dont kill me for it.....

We dont kill anyone here for having stupid opinions.........we just hang them by their *****

j/k I can see where you're coming from, some part of me agrees with you and some part doesnt. Suicide doors have never looked good to me and we need a mod like this for the dull doors we have
Old 06-05-2004, 07:05 PM

LOL
Old 06-08-2004, 08:21 PM

id be interested in buying a set!
Old 06-09-2004, 09:44 PM

Yep, I post in other threads at work when I have break time/ or need a diversion for a few minutes. Nope I don't give two s**ts if you think it's BS or not. Yep, I watch this thread and all of the rhetoric going on. Nope, I have not been posting/sending pics because if you negative nellies could read, you'd know I'm not trieng to sell them right now, so why do you need pics? If you need some spankin material then buy this months Playboy. (I hear charisma Carpenter is in it, yowzers).

With my divorce, my work load, (doing a cad drawing as we speak) and my kids at home all day as it's summer, I haven't even been in the garage in at least 2 weeks. I need a fuel sender for Z, but nothing on a car shecdule until then.

This is why no pics, because some people even now are taking the thread that I'm selling them and have to cater to them, and im a dumbass and can't sell a damned thing.. BS!

IM NOT TRIENG TO SELL A DAMNED THING RIGHT NOW! READ THE THREAD! I DONT HAVE TO SEND YOU SQUAT!

whew, that felt good. Until one of you babysits, welds me some metal, does my extra workload for me, assasanates my soon to be ex-wife or all of the above, I aint got the time!

And if you got "excited" then "turned off" by answering a question, then you might find the upcoming census to be highly erotic, and yourself a freak.

Now for all the sane people that have been exchanging emails with me and are actually being patient, I appreciate it. I never stated once when I would start selling, I make no promises I can't keep. (my wife might argue, but when she did a guy on my pool table 2 days ago, she lost alot of credibility) So again, all you patient, non-insane, and understanding people, you will be first in line for kits.

This will be my last post explaining myself to the others, I grow tired of repeating the same things.

-Bone-
Old 06-09-2004, 09:46 PM

speeding penguin!!!

How's that Batman case I made for you?

(I hope that's you, or I look like an *** right about now!)

<--- Rabid
Old 06-09-2004, 10:07 PM

BTW, for all serious questions as to thefit/desighn/function/features, please do as several others are doing and e-mail me.

Everyone just mailing and acting like monkeys, will be blocked from my e-mail/ PM and barred from any future sales. Now, I have to finish this vessel desighn, and eat a crumb before I go tuck my kids in, and take to the bed myself.

Regards,
-Bone-
Old 06-09-2004, 10:42 PM

Originally posted by Bone Daddy
Yep, I post in other threads at work when I have break time/ or need a diversion for a few minutes. Nope I don't give two s**ts if you think it's BS or not. Yep, I watch this thread and all of the rhetoric going on. Nope, I have not been posting/sending pics because if you negative nellies could read, you'd know I'm not trieng to sell them right now, so why do you need pics? If you need some spankin material then buy this months Playboy. (I hear charisma Carpenter is in it, yowzers).

With my divorce, my work load, (doing a cad drawing as we speak) and my kids at home all day as it's summer, I haven't even been in the garage in at least 2 weeks. I need a fuel sender for Z, but nothing on a car shecdule until then.

This is why no pics, because some people even now are taking the thread that I'm selling them and have to cater to them, and im a dumbass and can't sell a damned thing.. BS!

IM NOT TRIENG TO SELL A DAMNED THING RIGHT NOW! READ THE THREAD! I DONT HAVE TO SEND YOU SQUAT!

whew, that felt good. Until one of you babysits, welds me some metal, does my extra workload for me, assasanates my soon to be ex-wife or all of the above, I aint got the time!

And if you got "excited" then "turned off" by answering a question, then you might find the upcoming census to be highly erotic, and yourself a freak.

Now for all the sane people that have been exchanging emails with me and are actually being patient, I appreciate it. I never stated once when I would start selling, I make no promises I can't keep. (my wife might argue, but when she did a guy on my pool table 2 days ago, she lost alot of credibility) So again, all you patient, non-insane, and understanding people, you will be first in line for kits.

This will be my last post explaining myself to the others, I grow tired of repeating the same things.

-Bone-
All I have to say to this is the following:

Honestly, you come on here asked who would "FOR SURE" buy your product if you produced it. You provide nothing buyt HERE-SAY and then when we request some PROOF as to what it would Look like (the end product on the car), you seem to have quite a harse reaction to your POTENTIAL CUSTOMERS and VERY UNBUSINESS LIKE. I for one would tell you right now.. If you plan on selling ANYTHING, you might want to think about treating people with more respect than this.

No one here has asked anything other than pure common sense. Someone is selling something, you want to know what it is and what it looks like. You had *SO* much POSSITIVE results to your question and a LOT of POTENTIAL CUSTOMERS if you were to produce it.. But as soon as anyone asks for PROOF on what it would look like on the car (you were the one who said you had it installed in a number of cars), you treat us like CRAP.

I'm not here to flame you, i'm not here to insult you, nor am I here to start any argument. I'm only trying to have you understand that you should have realized before you posted a message asking for people to give you a DIRECT YES/NO answer to something with NO PROOF, you should have realized and EXPECTED at least 1 person to ask for proof.

I for one would NOT buy from you if you treat people this way. Honestly, And I again will repeat, I am no way trying to put you down but only helping to have you understand what your reaction is making people think of you, that you were a teen age kid. If it were not for "divorce" and your "kids", I REALLY believed you were a KID from your very Immature reaction.

I don't understand why would you be so NEGETIVE to people asking to see what the product LOOKS like on the car. It's only common sense..

I hope I have perhaps helped you to realize what type of "first impression" you may have given for yourself and that it helps you to change this so you CAN have a sucessful product if you decide to go through with it.

I wish you the best of luck, but before ANYTHING, you HAVE to change your additide towards people or you *WILL* LOSE POTENTIAL BUSINESS.

You have (from what you told us) to us, something that has not been made exclusively for our cars, so HOLD ON to your customers as much as you can and do whatever it takes to provide what we asked (pics of the final product) so you DON'T LOSE what you may have. It's not worth it.. Keep your cool.. 8)

Last edited by camarosource; 06-09-2004 at 11:00 PM.

Quick Reply: Gauging Interest: Lambo