Appearance Hoods, spoilers, custom mods, accessories, etc.

GREAT upgrade for those crappy headlights!! (photos w/ in)

Search this Thread

Old 11-16-2006, 10:50 AM

Maybe I missed it, but is there a PN for these? I tried following the link and it didn't work. Nothing on ebay, can someone help me out here? I'm on page 9 and running outta steam.
Old 11-16-2006, 11:17 AM

http://www.rallylights.com/hella/90mm_modules.asp
Old 11-16-2006, 10:13 PM
Banned

BudM, sorry if you might have already said this but 20 pages is a lot of info to browse through. How much did it cost you in total to get this setup going? No need to be accurate, a ballpark will do. Also, I have replaced many headlights from flying rocks and whatever and I was wondering what the lenses are made of and if they're able to be replaced.
Old 11-16-2006, 10:18 PM

Cost to do it the way I did would be around $300.
The lenses don't appear to be replaceable but they seem to be pretty tough I guess since the spray paint on the brackets shows signs of being hit by debris but the lenses still look good.
However the thing I would repeat that I already said is that you should replace the driving lights with Hella FF75s first. They give a huge improvement when you use them along with the stock headlights and the install is a lot easier.
Old 12-10-2006, 02:06 AM

I might be doing this swap now because i just bought 2 brand new Hella 90mm's off ebay for $50. I currently am running FF75's with 100w bulbs and have the Hella harnesses and relays installed. To the people with these 90mm's are you running your stock harness and the stock 65mm bulbs with the lights? or are you running bigger bulbs with a better harness? Now i just have to figure out which way i want to install them.
Old 12-10-2006, 10:07 AM

I'm using the stock harness and the bulbs that came with the lights. It makes plenty of light, especially with FF75s for driving lights.
Old 12-10-2006, 10:26 AM

Originally Posted by Z95m6
I might be doing this swap now because i just bought 2 brand new Hella 90mm's off ebay for $50. I currently am running FF75's with 100w bulbs and have the Hella harnesses and relays installed. To the people with these 90mm's are you running your stock harness and the stock 65mm bulbs with the lights? or are you running bigger bulbs with a better harness? Now i just have to figure out which way i want to install them.
Not sure how you'd go with 2 90's instead of 4?
I have an upgraded DIY harness with relays running my 90mm Hella's and FF75's. It's probably overkill though
Old 12-10-2006, 01:32 PM

Originally Posted by PediDr2
Not sure how you'd go with 2 90's instead of 4?
I have an upgraded DIY harness with relays running my 90mm Hella's and FF75's. It's probably overkill though

I'm not going to run 2, i'll run 4. I just got a great deal on the high beams. I paid less for 2 new ones than most people pay for one. So i'll either search some more for some low beams or just by them from ralleylights.com because i need to the plugs and maybe even the mounting brackets. I currently have FF75 driving lights for my head lights and FF75 fogs for the fogs. If i do the swap will I want to put driving lights where the fogs use to be?
Old 12-10-2006, 02:58 PM

I'm not going to run 2, i'll run 4. I just got a great deal on the high beams. I paid less for 2 new ones than most people pay for one. So i'll either search some more for some low beams or just by them from ralleylights.com because i need to the plugs and maybe even the mounting brackets. I currently have FF75 driving lights for my head lights and FF75 fogs for the fogs. If i do the swap will I want to put driving lights where the fogs use to be?
If I had to do it again I'd get the mounting brackets. When I did my install they weren't available. It's not easy to get the mounting holes drilled perfectly and I broke one of the mounting clips and had to fab up something custom.
Since I have the Hella 90's I hardly ever use my driving lights. If you want you could keep them fog pattern or delete them for a smoother look or fab some custom brake cooling ducts
Old 12-10-2006, 03:31 PM

If I had to do it again I'd get the mounting brackets. When I did my install they weren't available. It's not easy to get the mounting holes drilled perfectly and I broke one of the mounting clips and had to fab up something custom.
Since I have the Hella 90's I hardly ever use my driving lights. If you want you could keep them fog pattern or delete them for a smoother look or fab some custom brake cooling ducts

I was just wondering if the Hella's are gonna cover up the fog's and driving lights would be more beneficial or the fogs will still help some. How did you install your setup? did you do it like Sam? I'm probably going to use the mounting brackets like Bud. I know Bud said he had to cut out enough he can't go back to stock but his setup looks very similar in location to Sam's. This is making me think that I don't know why I can't use the brackets and install them similar to Bud but keep my stock mounting points.
Old 12-10-2006, 03:37 PM

I was just wondering if the Hella's are gonna cover up the fog's and driving lights would be more beneficial or the fogs will still help some. How did you install your setup? did you do it like Sam? I'm probably going to use the mounting brackets like Bud. I know Bud said he had to cut out enough he can't go back to stock but his setup looks very similar in location to Sam's. This is making me think that I don't know why I can't use the brackets and install them similar to Bud but keep my stock mounting points.
I wouldn't bother doing anything special with the fog/driving lights.
Yes I installed mine using Sam's guide.
Old 12-11-2006, 08:23 PM

You already have the FF75s so why not use them for driving lights?
With the 90 mm low beams and FF75 driving lights its about as bright as the 90 mm high beams are.
Old 12-11-2006, 08:58 PM

Originally Posted by Bud M
You already have the FF75s so why not use them for driving lights?
With the 90 mm low beams and FF75 driving lights its about as bright as the 90 mm high beams are.
Well i guess i already have FF75 Fogs and FF75 Driving lights. I really like the Fogs because they do really light up the ditches/sides of the road. They make up for where the driving lights leave off. I just didn't know which would be best to put in the fog light location because i'm not familar with the 90mm beam pattern.
Old 12-12-2006, 10:35 AM

Well i guess i already have FF75 Fogs and FF75 Driving lights. I really like the Fogs because they do really light up the ditches/sides of the road. They make up for where the driving lights leave off. I just didn't know which would be best to put in the fog light location because i'm not familar with the 90mm beam pattern.
About the only thing bad about the 90mm beam pattern is that the cutoff is so crisp there is little scatter to see overhead signs. Not that big a deal though.
Old 12-12-2006, 12:48 PM

About the only thing bad about the 90mm beam pattern is that the cutoff is so crisp there is little scatter to see overhead signs. Not that big a deal though.

Ok thanks, it sounds like i'll just have to try both setups and see what i like better. Another question i have is on Sam's guide how come you need to remove 1 of the ear/mounting tabs on the low beams? It looks like on his pic it won't hit anything. Also has anyone had any problems with the lights resting on the front bumper cover, like on Sams install.

Quick Reply: GREAT upgrade for those crappy headlights!! (photos w/ in)