Appearance Hoods, spoilers, custom mods, accessories, etc.

GREAT upgrade for those crappy headlights!! (photos w/ in)

Search this Thread

Old 12-12-2006, 03:04 PM

Originally Posted by Z95m6
Ok thanks, it sounds like i'll just have to try both setups and see what i like better. Another question i have is on Sam's guide how come you need to remove 1 of the ear/mounting tabs on the low beams? It looks like on his pic it won't hit anything. Also has anyone had any problems with the lights resting on the front bumper cover, like on Sams install.
IIRC it helps tuck it under this part of the stock bracket
http://bellsouthpwp.net/m/u/mulgeary...CN0073text.jpg
The lights resting on the bumper cover contributed to me breaking one of my adjustment screw anchors. I was trying to push the 90mm down with the upper adjustment screw and the added resistance of the bumper cover was too much. Now I try and push the bumper cover down with my hand and adjust the screws.
Old 12-12-2006, 03:37 PM

Originally Posted by PediDr2
IIRC it helps tuck it under this part of the stock bracket
http://bellsouthpwp.net/m/u/mulgeary...CN0073text.jpg
The lights resting on the bumper cover contributed to me breaking one of my adjustment screw anchors. I was trying to push the 90mm down with the upper adjustment screw and the added resistance of the bumper cover was too much. Now I try and push the bumper cover down with my hand and adjust the screws.
I guess here is the pic showing the removed tab.
http://www.mustangmods.com/ims/u/2057/7874/126926.jpg
It looks like there is really no reason to remove it. It looks like you could drill that hole where the tab is removed and use that as your 3rd adjuster. Is there any reason that won't work? What am i missing?
Old 12-13-2006, 09:50 AM

I didn't remove any material from my lamps. Mine rest lightly on the bumper cover. You want to get them as low as possible for clearance from the hood.
Old 12-13-2006, 02:48 PM

Originally Posted by Bud M
I didn't remove any material from my lamps. Mine rest lightly on the bumper cover. You want to get them as low as possible for clearance from the hood.
Yeah i really like the way yours is setup the best but damn i hate to cut out enough i can't go back to stock. I believe that plastic piece that holds the lights is fairly easy to replace but i just hate to hack it up that much. I noticed your setup doesn't really push down on the bumper and it looks easier to adjust, and more securely mounted. Where did you get your ABS plastic at? it really cleaned up your setup.
Old 12-13-2006, 11:08 PM

Its 1/8" thick textured ABS. I got it from a vendor on cardomain. You can get it from any plastics vendor, like tap plastics. If you are going to make plastic covers I suggest making an accurate copy of one of the metal mounting brackets to show the size of the headlight hole and the position of the side holes. It will make making the covers easier.
Old 12-13-2006, 11:23 PM

Its 1/8" thick textured ABS. I got it from a vendor on cardomain. You can get it from any plastics vendor, like tap plastics. If you are going to make plastic covers I suggest making an accurate copy of one of the metal mounting brackets to show the size of the headlight hole and the position of the side holes. It will make making the covers easier.
ok thanks. I'm just having a hard time deciding if i should buy those damn mounting brackets. $10 a piece for those brackets is pretty crazy.
Old 12-14-2006, 11:33 AM

I was doing a search on Hella 90mm's and i found someone said that there is a seller on Ebay that sells them cheap. I sent him an email and he said he sells them for $45 a piece. He told me it would be a week before he has any low beams but when he has some in i'll be buying them. He has like 5000+ feedback and has an Ebay Hella store. I just thought i'd pass it on, his seller name is ko4zb. Also do the Hella's come with a plug in? or do you need to buy them? I think you need to buy them because why would places sell the plug separately, but i thought i read they came with them somewhere.
Old 12-14-2006, 05:59 PM

They just have the socket for the bulb on the back. I got a set of plugs with wires and a set of the plugs that are the same as the stock bulbs and made a little wire harness sort of adapter to plug the Hellas into the stock wiring.
Old 12-29-2006, 09:11 PM

Any help explaining the aiming process? with the light cut offs my pass. side really gets a lot more light than the drivers side its kind of annoying. It doesn't really make sense that the lights pattern goes like this ___/
So i adjusted them so the middle of the vertical slant of light is straight a head of the head light. By doing this though the light pattern is ___/ ___/
and so most of the light is concentrated on the pass. side. Did i do something wrong?
Old 12-29-2006, 09:33 PM

By doing this though the light pattern is ___/ ___/
and so most of the light is concentrated on the pass. side. Did i do something wrong?
Looks right.
http://www.danielsternlighting.com/images/Aim.pdf
The abundance of pass side light is because 'we' drive on the right side of the road.
Old 12-30-2006, 02:20 PM

So i adjusted them so the middle of the vertical slant of light is straight a head of the head light. By doing this though the light pattern is ___/ ___/
Thats how mine are too
Old 12-30-2006, 10:09 PM

Thats how mine are too
Ok thanks for the response. I wish the pattern was a little more evenly spread out as it bugs me that they're not symetrical but oh well. Maybe i should see if i can buy a Euro 90mm maybe its light pattern is going the other way.
Old 01-03-2007, 12:31 AM
LTB

Ok thanks for the response. I wish the pattern was a little more evenly spread out as it bugs me that they're not symetrical but oh well. Maybe i should see if i can buy a Euro 90mm maybe its light pattern is going the other way.
Be sure to buy UK version then. If you REALLY want to annoy oncoming traffic.
The rest of Europe drive on the right side of the road and the only difference
between DOT and EC approved is the mark, I think.

Last edited by LTB; 01-03-2007 at 12:42 AM.
Old 01-07-2007, 05:30 PM

Just a question why doesn't anyone use the 50mm Hella lights?
Old 01-07-2007, 08:12 PM

Originally Posted by guywithaZ
Just a question why doesn't anyone use the 50mm Hella lights?
I personally think the 50mm's would look terrible because they're way to small. The 90mm's are just right as far as lens size goes. I just wish they weren't so damn deep.

Quick Reply: GREAT upgrade for those crappy headlights!! (photos w/ in)