Appearance Hoods, spoilers, custom mods, accessories, etc.

Halo Headlights

Search this Thread

Old 08-21-2011, 09:04 AM

Halo Headlights

Does anyone here have these? I was messing around on eBay and there is a million of these. I would like to convert them to a projector headlights because the HID kit I have in it is way too blindingly bright.

Is there anyone that sells just the projector headlights without all the "RICE" stuff on it!
Old 08-21-2011, 01:10 PM
Administrator

Re: Halo Headlights

This topic is normally covered on the "Appearance" forum. I'll move the post there for you.

You might want to provide additional info about your car. Hard to answer the question without knowing at least the year and the model. Why not add a "Signature" with basic info about your car - year, model, engine, trans and any major mods. That way people can help you without asking as many questions.
Old 08-21-2011, 04:57 PM

well, if you have one of the 98+ cars, the kits on ebay will work, but the projection will generally be pretty bad. i got a set from SpecD through ohiospeedshop.com. i wrote a review of them somewhere on here. theyre good headlights, but they didnt have the brightest engineers, so i had to tear them apart and make new shields. also, the vendor was horrible. but in the end, i have nice looking headlights that work just as well or better than the stock ones. if you have a 93-97 car, there are still options, but its more difficult
Old 08-21-2011, 05:16 PM

Not sure if this helps or not, but I bought Black Halo headlights for my Camry off of Ebay and they work quite well.

There was a little less brightness from these than the stock headlights from Denso. I think because of less reflective material. Anyhow, I solved that by simply installing the Hella light bulbs.

Also for the halos you wire them into your parking light wires.
Old 08-21-2011, 05:34 PM

this interest me as well...
Old 08-22-2011, 09:03 PM

I did a front clip conversion 93-97 to 98-02 so my headlights are 98-02 style. Ebay has a million of these Halo units, most are projector units as well. I also upgraded to an HID kit and these light are brings. My great state of Illinois has a a**hole in secretary of state and he made them illegal unless the bulbs are installed in approved headlights (projector units). Insted of the HID light "destracting" the oncoming traffic it would focus the light beam onto the road.

Well this brings me to the HALO issue, I don't really want HALO around...I think it looks weak! I just want the bacis unit with only the low beam projector.
Old 08-22-2011, 10:30 PM

i dont think anybody makes projector headlights without halos. too many people like halos, lol. you dont have to use them if you dont like them
Old 08-22-2011, 11:05 PM

Originally Posted by rv93
i dont think anybody makes projector headlights without halos. too many people like halos, lol. you dont have to use them if you dont like them
I'll try a set...since eBay is the topic...are they all the same quality?
Old 08-23-2011, 12:21 AM

you know, never tried any ebay stuff. considering the moral integrity of the guy i bought mine from, they could be the same quality. mine are working just fine, cutoff line is nice and clean, but the rest of the light isnt perfectly even. works perfectly fine though. like i said, i had to tear them apart and remake the shield to account for the misalignment of the headlights, and also to fix the halogen style cutoff line.