Appearance Hoods, spoilers, custom mods, accessories, etc.

Headlight Conversion Kit

Search this Thread

Old 04-22-2005, 12:55 AM

Headlight Conversion Kit

I'm looking to change my headlights out to a nonsealed beam......i need some info on which are good....pricing and where to get them

also round or just square unsealed what is you guys opinions on it
Old 04-22-2005, 01:58 AM

Re: Headlight Conversion Kit

The FF75's are nice and really cheap for what you get. There are pics in my sig.
Old 04-26-2005, 08:50 AM

They look good...what color do they shine at night bright white or blue? how hard were they to put in as far as the wiring goes that's the one thing that scares me is messing with the wiring.

anyone else have any ideas
Old 04-26-2005, 11:54 AM

The hellas just come with stock yellow bulbs in them. i installed hyperwhites which the bulb is blue and when they light up they have a very white light to them. You can wire in the hella's to your stock harness as long as you only 55W bulbs. I wanted to run 100watt bulbs so i wired in the wiring harness hella sent with the lights. The kit comes with instructions on how to wire them up and the wiring harness.
Old 04-26-2005, 01:09 PM

Originally Posted by Z95m6
The hellas just come with stock yellow bulbs in them. i installed hyperwhites which the bulb is blue and when they light up they have a very white light to them. You can wire in the hella's to your stock harness as long as you only 55W bulbs. I wanted to run 100watt bulbs so i wired in the wiring harness hella sent with the lights. The kit comes with instructions on how to wire them up and the wiring harness.

okay thanks man so the kit tells you how to wire them up to where i can use the 100watt hyperwhites........how does your high and low beams work now.....on low beam are all 4 on or just like stock when you get done?
Old 04-26-2005, 01:16 PM

Yep it says how to wire them in. They are generic instructions because they have to work on every car. The lights work the same as stock as far as the high and low beams go. Basically they just come with a wiring harness that you hook straight to a 12 volt source. I chose the little red box on the pass. side. Then you have to hook up a ground wire which i chose the same ground bolt that is on the pass. sid reight above the little red box, then you have to hook up a green wire to get power when the lights are on. So basically i just unplugged my stock lights and hooked the green wire up to the power wire straight right where the headlight plugs in. There are 2 harnesses you hook both of them up exactly the same except one you hook up to the headlight power wire for the low beams and one you hook up to the high beams. Then you just mount your relays anywhere. I mounted mine on my PCM bolts. Its very simple. I don't know a whole lot about electronics and i figured it out. There are plenty of people here that will help you if you have problems with the wiring.
Old 04-26-2005, 05:53 PM

Do they mount without any modification?
Old 04-26-2005, 06:22 PM

Originally Posted by Sypher
Do they mount without any modification?
To do the headlights you just have to remove your stock stuff and drill 1 hole for each light. If you do a search there are several posts in the appearance section with pics on how they mount. You can go back to stock if you ever want to. For that reason and the price is why i chose them over the hella 90mm's. I've recently added the hella ff75 fog lights and they are amazing they are even brighter that the stock LT1 lowbeams. To mount the hella fogs you have to do some butchery on the stock fog light bracket.