Appearance Hoods, spoilers, custom mods, accessories, etc.

Holy!!! have you guys seen this hood?

Search this Thread

Old 04-10-2007, 02:43 PM
Banned

Originally Posted by 95firehawk
Anything that is added that doesn't support a purpose is ricey. Those vents aren't gonna do anything for an F-body.

I was going to say, those vents could easy carry heat away from the engine bay much the way any extractor hood does...but heatmaker beat me to that statement. Oh and at the LT-1 fake vent slam.
Old 04-10-2007, 02:47 PM

Originally Posted by 95firehawk
Anything that is added that doesn't support a purpose is ricey.
i dont agree. there are lots of things on cars that make them look good that dont support a purpose. a few are ss hood, hockey or racing strips, head or taillight covers, rims, grills, crome tail pipes, and body kits. and you both beat me to it

Last edited by nick3; 04-10-2007 at 03:12 PM.
Old 04-10-2007, 05:36 PM

Hell I think cars should start being made without paint just primer to protect it. Paint is rice as hell since it dosent serve any real purpose other than for looks..........LoL I wish the word rice could be banned from the english language.
Old 04-10-2007, 06:36 PM

Originally Posted by Maro98
Hell I think cars should start being made without paint just primer to protect it. Paint is rice as hell since it dosent serve any real purpose other than for looks..........LoL I wish the word rice could be banned from the english language.
Old 04-11-2007, 07:02 PM

I think it would look a lot better without the rice bird cage inside the scoop and vents. If it were black like an original SS hood, i think it would look a ton better...
Old 04-12-2007, 07:52 PM

As most people did not notice, is that the hood scoop is a 98 up ss style, not 96-97 style. The hood vents line up direct with the headers, so they will work on heat dissapation. The scoop is not functional if you use a 96-96 ram air box, I am fabbing up one to hold a conical filter. As for fittment issues, the fender bolts are the main prob. You have to cut alot out of the hood to make it fit. I bought the hood to NOT paint it, I love the look of carbon fiber and I hate imports. No one would be calling Carbon Fiber rice if the import scene never exsisted, If it came to us first it would be cool to all. If it was not for the import scene, there would be alot of companies, that make stuff for are cars, not in existance. Rice is a bulls*** word. There is alot of stock cars coming out with stuff on them that people in the past said were rice, Including the new camaro, ie. Big wheels, large exhaust tips, and more.
Don't knock what has givin us a whole new world of aftermarket parts in body, lighting, wheels, and performance departments.
Steve

By the way to the post above me, I am going to paint the vents another color or black, the silver is not my cup of tea.
Old 04-12-2007, 08:18 PM
Banned

Originally Posted by INSANEZ
I bought the hood to NOT paint it, I love the look of carbon fiber and I hate imports. No one would be calling Carbon Fiber rice if the import scene never exsisted, If it came to us first it would be cool to all. .
No, I don't call unpainted carbon fiber hoods rice, I call them ugly. For the most part, mismatched body panels, especially the hood, are ugly. The only time I think unpainted carbon fiber body panels look acceptable is when they're on a black car. Other than that...no.
Old 04-12-2007, 10:11 PM

I agree black cars can pull off the carbon fiber look alot better than a bright colored car, alot of times it just dosent look right. It just looks unfinished, but to each his own everyone has there own tastes, if they didnt the appearance section on this sight would be pretty useless.
Old 04-13-2007, 12:26 AM
Advanced Member

I don't care who makes it, but I wish someone made carbon fiber parts for these cars... I really want a carbon fiber interior. The only ones I've seen so far were all custom jobs. i can't imagine the wieght a carbon fiber kit would cut down. I mean.... who whats to strip thier car down to metal?
Old 04-13-2007, 12:41 AM

Originally Posted by Heatmaker
I don't care who makes it, but I wish someone made carbon fiber parts for these cars... I really want a carbon fiber interior. The only ones I've seen so far were all custom jobs. i can't imagine the wieght a carbon fiber kit would cut down. I mean.... who whats to strip thier car down to metal?
You can get a carbon interior kit here. I didnt call them yet but I think they still sell them. You could also call fbody motorsports and they will coat peices for you with an exchange I think it is like $500.00 from them.
http://hawksthirdgenparts.com/index....S&Category=242
Old 04-13-2007, 12:46 AM
Advanced Member

Thanks but I've seen those. I'm not really interested in the carbon fiber interior kit for the looks as much as I am the weight savings. Since this kits are the covered versions, thier about the looks.
Old 04-13-2007, 12:49 AM

Originally Posted by Heatmaker
Thanks but I've seen those. I'm not really interested in the carbon fiber interior kit for the looks as much as I am the weight savings. Since this kits are the covered versions, thier about the looks.
Oh ok. Well I thought I was helping. Are you talking about the whole dash console door panels and everything in carbon fiber?
Old 04-13-2007, 01:01 AM
Advanced Member

Originally Posted by Maro98
Oh ok. Well I thought I was helping. Are you talking about the whole dash console door panels and everything in carbon fiber?
I was talking about hte complete dash console, roof liner, and the rear panels.Center console... door panels.

The only time I've see any of these parts on fbodies, were on custom jobs at auto shows, and they looked incredible!
Old 04-13-2007, 06:52 AM

By the way, my car is black.
Old 04-13-2007, 07:18 AM

Originally Posted by INSANEZ
By the way, my car is black.
LoL.... I think the hood looks good on your car.

Quick Reply: Holy!!! have you guys seen this hood?