Appearance Hoods, spoilers, custom mods, accessories, etc.

How can I put a LT1 Camaro Front End on a LS1? Anybody know or has this done?

Search this Thread

Old 08-26-2002, 01:57 PM

this is the dumbest idea i've ever heard., really if you don't like the headlights you can get black outs and there is serveral things to do with the grill. it just doesn't make sense to go though all that trouble for something that will ruin your car, just buy another LT1 if that's what you want, that's what you had before.
Old 08-26-2002, 02:40 PM

<font face="Verdana, Arial" size="2">Originally posted by WhoBetter?:
this is the dumbest idea i've ever heard., really if you don't like the headlights you can get black outs and there is serveral things to do with the grill. it just doesn't make sense to go though all that trouble for something that will ruin your car, just buy another LT1 if that's what you want, that's what you had before.</font>
What are you... a moron?
Why does it have to be "the dumbest idea you ever heard"?
I DON'T like the bubble lights, and with headlight covers, THERE WILL STILL BE BUBBLE LIGHTS.
And why would having a beautiful LT1 front end on an ugly LS1 (in MY opinion) "ruin the car"?
I like the power of the LS1's, but hate the look of the front, so changing the front to an LT1 would make it "The Nicest, Fatsest, Smoothest LT1" around here (in MY opinion..again)
Thanks for your opinions, but I disagree with them from the way you put it

And I also know it would fit under the hood, but just as said, the air lid would be the only part to change out.
I think a LS1 with a LT1 CAI would look great BTW
Thanks

------------------
97 Black & Orange Z28 A4 - 270rwhp/290rwtq
K&N CAI-Flowmaster-TB Bypass-Airfoil-160 Stat-Cutout-!MAF Screen-
Manual Fan Switch-TransGo-3.73's-PCM4LESS-LT4 KM-Comp TA's (Track Use Only)
BEST : 13.54 @ 100.87 w/ 2.01 60'
Old 08-26-2002, 04:39 PM

<font face="Verdana, Arial" size="2">Originally posted by sfGi8nt:
What are you... a moron?
Why does it have to be "the dumbest idea you ever heard"?
I DON'T like the bubble lights, and with headlight covers, THERE WILL STILL BE BUBBLE LIGHTS.
And why would having a beautiful LT1 front end on an ugly LS1 (in MY opinion) "ruin the car"?
I like the power of the LS1's, but hate the look of the front, so changing the front to an LT1 would make it "The Nicest, Fatsest, Smoothest LT1" around here (in MY opinion..again)
Thanks for your opinions, but I disagree with them from the way you put it

And I also know it would fit under the hood, but just as said, the air lid would be the only part to change out.
I think a LS1 with a LT1 CAI would look great BTW
Thanks
[/B]</font>

bubble lights? WHAT? what are you talking about? nevermind.

It's an absolutly retarded idea for these reasons

1. It will cost lots of money by the time you have everything painted, bought hrdware and other materials, not including weeks to complete. not to metion the possiblility that you get halfway though it and decide it's not worth the frustration. and not to metion nothing going to fit right and it's going to look like crap when your'e done. and not to metion running the chance of butchering a perfectly good $15,000 car.

2. people are going to look at the car and think it's 10 years old. and then see you really have a new car and realize you're a moron. or that the car has been salvaged.

3. you'll never be able to resale it.

4. your insurance will be an issue since your pretty much redesigning a car that now is not approved and your airbags won't work properly. In court a lawyer could use this against you and he should if he's good.

do you get the idea? or do i have to explain more, Now, who's the moron?

[This message has been edited by WhoBetter? (edited August 26, 2002).]
Old 08-26-2002, 04:52 PM

how bout its his time, money and effort that he wants to put into it to make it look the way he wants it to. in my opinion the LT1 front end looks a lot more aggressive and meaner. and who the hell cares if it looks 10 yrs old just because it has a LT1 front end? most the time i thought u bought a newer car for less miles and less wear and tear on it. i say go for the swap if thats what you like.
Old 08-26-2002, 06:49 PM

i have never seen anybody flame somebody for wanting to put the ls1 style front end on a lt1 car, so what is the difference. like i said earlier, i have also thought of this. the lt1 front end looks MUCH better in my opinion. why would the airbags not work correctly? and if he ever did get in a wreck all he has to do is show reciepts and go to an appraiser to get what the car is worth (i had to do this with my 67 impala that was totalled, it really works). it is his time and money, and i think it would be a great idea.
Old 08-26-2002, 07:00 PM

Talking

Yeah, it isn't a stupid idea at all. .challenging... yes.. stupid NO..

------------------
~Black 95 Z A4 Convert~
View My Modlist
P t ' s w e b p a g e
Old 08-26-2002, 07:37 PM

Question

you guys don't realize who that is? hmmmmm?
lol!
Old 08-26-2002, 09:56 PM

Well since everyone is too busy fighting, I'll just answer the question.

You can easily put the LS1 on an LT1 car. However, the opposite is a little harder. Here's why:

On an LS1 car, the radiator support sits 1/4" farther forward. To put the LS1 front on an LT1 car, you just have to add some shims to get the bumper cover to hood gap right. When it comes to putting the LT1 clip on an LS1 car, you have to make the bumper cover sit back another 1/4 to 3/8". This may not sound like much but it may pose a small problem. You could always just slot the brackets that bolt to the radiator support so it can slide back that amount. The only place this will effect anything is where the push rivets go in to hold the bumper cover on. You will need: Fenders, hood, bumper support, driving lights, headlight bar with headlights, bumper cover. The headlight plugs will plug right in. The driving lights will plug in but will not lock into place as the lock is located on the flat instead of on the sides. No big deal. You will DEFINITELY want to change your dimmer switch so you can get all 4 lights on bright so you can see.

Hope this helps.

Ryan

------------------
1994 Z28 A4, Vortech, Borla with EBorla, TPIS 52 mm TB, Hooker shorties, Electromotive SDI, LS1 brakes, AAM 3.42 rear, more.