Appearance Hoods, spoilers, custom mods, accessories, etc.

Inserts / Name Markers / Striping

Search this Thread

Old 03-01-2004, 06:03 PM

Inserts / Name Markers / Striping

Hey, I got a dark metallic blue 98 V6 Camaro. No T-Tops and is pretty much Bone Stock. In the future I was going to put inserts in but I needed advice on colors. I was going for brents vynil inserts aswell. can't beat 8 bucks and 4 year life span. With the following details/future plans about my car, what color front/rear inserts and side "camaro" markers and stripes should I get?

Inside I've installed blue night-lights on the floor ( much like neons that can be manually turned on or off while driving at night) to match the exterior color of the car. I uh sorta went against color cordination and got a chevy steering wheel cover with red highlights, also I have got red wire covering under the hood. In the rear, I have red snake eye bolts (light up at night) for the liscense plate aswell. As much as it seems false, red isn't my most favorite of colors. Should I go with silver/chromish or reflective inserts? also I like that steering wheel cover but it won't fit in well with future interior plans, can those chevy highlights be painted blue? I've seen some Camaro's with interior paintjobs on the vent/center console dashboard pieces and the shifter area. Is this an easy job to do? Can these pieces be taken out and replaced easily? if I do this what color should I go?

On the V6 93 - 94 Models the side black camaro markers (which were replaced by Z28's or SS's on our fellow V8's) can those be painted a silver chromish color? or can they be decaled to that color? I wanted to install those only in that color on my 98.

All suggestions are greatly appreciated.
Old 03-02-2004, 11:12 PM

Ideas anyone?
Old 03-03-2004, 08:52 AM

I have a dark blue '98 Z28 i'm going to do stripes and vinyl to begining in April.

I'm going to go with 2 9-10 inch wide racing stripes from the bottom of the front spoiler to the rear hatch opening. On the outside will be a 1/2 wide red pin stripe. I got this inspiration from the Corvette anniversary edition.

I'm gpoing with red non reflective inserts and overlays. With the extra lights on yours, I think think I'd suggest the reflective to up the 'flash' level of the car.

Color is your choice. With all the other smaller red accents under the hood, I'd go with red overlays and inserts.
Old 03-03-2004, 09:39 AM
Super Moderator

Re: Inserts / Name Markers / Striping

Originally posted by Need4Camaro
Hey, I got a dark metallic blue 98 V6 Camaro. No T-Tops and is pretty much Bone Stock. In the future I was going to put inserts in but I needed advice on colors. I was going for brents vynil inserts aswell. can't beat 8 bucks and 4 year life span.
Try 7 to 10 years there buddy! The 4 year vinyl is the cheap stuff... the stuff I use is 7 to 10 years depending on color

Originally posted by Need4Camaro
Inside I've installed blue night-lights on the floor ( much like neons that can be manually turned on or off while driving at night) to match the exterior color of the car. I uh sorta went against color cordination and got a chevy steering wheel cover with red highlights, also I have got red wire covering under the hood. In the rear, I have red snake eye bolts (light up at night) for the liscense plate aswell. As much as it seems false, red isn't my most favorite of colors. Should I go with silver/chromish or reflective inserts? also I like that steering wheel cover but it won't fit in well with future interior plans, can those chevy highlights be painted blue? I've seen some Camaro's with interior paintjobs on the vent/center console dashboard pieces and the shifter area. Is this an easy job to do? Can these pieces be taken out and replaced easily? if I do this what color should I go?

On the V6 93 - 94 Models the side black camaro markers (which were replaced by Z28's or SS's on our fellow V8's) can those be painted a silver chromish color? or can they be decaled to that color? I wanted to install those only in that color on my 98.

All suggestions are greatly appreciated.
Since you already have a dark blue and red scheme going, the reflective red decals would look pretty good IMO. If you are really agains the blue then I'd suggest silver or reflective silver. That looks good on your color as well.

As for the side CAMARO badges, I have designed overlays for those too... just don't have them listed on my page yet