Appearance Hoods, spoilers, custom mods, accessories, etc.

Looking gor mesh material????

Search this Thread

Old 06-15-2003, 09:06 AM
FLU

Unhappy Looking gor mesh material????

i have a 94z28 and i'm looking for some mesh material to install where my foglights went. anyone know where i can find anything? home depo just has gutter gaurd and don't want that.

Old 06-15-2003, 12:58 PM

A friend of mine said that Ace hardware had a good selection of mesh. Haven't had a chance to check it out though. It's an idea.
Old 06-16-2003, 01:19 AM

Like Dark Angel said, any hardware store should have it. Check Home Depot. They have metal and plastic, in various colors. And its pretty cheap.
Old 06-16-2003, 07:42 AM
FLU

thanks guys- i guess no one really knows where to find this since all of these people on this board and only three of you replied.

Old 06-16-2003, 07:45 AM

What kind of mesh exactly are you looking for?

You wanting to do something like this?
Old 06-16-2003, 10:07 AM
FLU

BINGO - i knew i couldn't have been the only one to ever to this- yes thats exactly what i want- i have a ss steel type wire mesh i'm using - but don't like it- your is what i want and i also have a hard time getting it to stay tight in the holes. please tell me all the info- material- where to get it- and how do you install it?

thanks- you can also email me at flusz@aol.com

Old 06-16-2003, 12:22 PM

Well, I hate to tell you this, but you're out of luck.

Those grilles - I made - and they are gutter guard, from Lowes.
So, if you don't want gutter guard - you are pretty much SOL.

Other than that - when you do finally find the right material - I'll just go ahead and forewarn you - it's a pain in the butt to make them.

I posted those pictures here about three months after making that one grille - because off and on for about three months I would work on it trying to get it to look better.

The best way I found was to cut you a template out of some pretty thick wood, and sand the edges until it fit perfectly into the opening - then mold your mesh around it. It is by NO means easy. And the stuff is very hard to shape around the edges.

As far as holding it on - picked up some "Extreme Velcro" also at Lowes. Silver in color - so it at least matched the mesh.

Now - if you want to know what the best way to do this would be - Get you a front clip or take your off - turn it up, and make you some molds out of plaster of paris or something in the openings, and bend the grilles.

Good Luck.
Old 06-16-2003, 04:14 PM
FLU

well yours looked pretty good and it didn't look so dull like gutter gaurd does- anyhow i will just keep looking for something. i guess you pretty much gave up on installing/making them fr your car? the ss steal material that i have installed into there right now i made it fit pretty well- i will have to find something and just play around with it.

thanks

Old 06-16-2003, 04:39 PM

Looks nice, but too much work for me.
Old 06-16-2003, 04:47 PM

I just used gutter guard also and painted it.