Appearance Hoods, spoilers, custom mods, accessories, etc.
View Poll Results: which is more rice?
yellow v6 camaro
65.96%
v6 trans am
34.04%
Voters: 47. You may not vote on this poll

which is more rice?

Search this Thread

Old 04-12-2004, 12:20 AM

Well... yes.. yellow just ain't my cup of tea. Probably just because I see it on neons and lancers everywhere.

And it seems there is a fine line between what looks good and "rice". But it is my opinion (and most other people's) that if you do a lot of exterior modifications to your car, there should be at least a few upgrades under the hood. No offense to the dude with the yellow Camaro, I have no idea what you've done with your car other than what I can see, just making a point.

However, altezzas and huge wings are my pet peeves, nothing can make me like them. Every time I see them on a Camaro I wince.
Old 04-12-2004, 07:42 AM

Yellow Camaro - hands down.
You can't even begin to think that the V6 "Trans Am" is more than that for several reasons - but the two most obvious - there is only one badge that labels it a Trans Am - and - the owner doesn't try to pass it off as a Trans Am.

The Yellow Camaro has more than 13 things I could name right off that make it "ricey".

Although - you asked "which is more rice?"
THIS is more than this.
Old 04-12-2004, 07:50 AM

Originally posted by 94BlackBowtie
Yellow Camaro - hands down.
You can't even begin to think that the V6 "Trans Am" is more than that for several reasons - but the two most obvious - there is only one badge that labels it a Trans Am - and - the owner doesn't try to pass it off as a Trans Am.
Wrong . Look at the 2nd pic down on page 2 . Geez, is that a WS6 badge?!?! I think so!

Like I said in my first post, I think the yellow Camaro is a nice looking car (aside from the rims, but rims are personal preference) but the Firebird / Trans-Am / WS6 is walking a fine line between Rice / non-Rice, and it's definitely posing as something it's not. I'm not trying to bash, but I'm just stating a true point.
Old 04-12-2004, 09:32 AM

Originally posted by Capn Pete
Wrong . Look at the 2nd pic down on page 2 . Geez, is that a WS6 badge?!?! I think so!
OK, if you want to nitpick - you are probably wrong too. There is ACTUALLY (at least) two Trans Am badges (one on each door) and the WS6 badge. He might have even changed out the driver side headlight - and have Trans Am on it as well?

Just trying to make a point of - the car LOOKS just like a stock "non-riced" out Trans Am - if it were actually a WS6 - it would be getting a lot of praise probably. So there is the one thing that makes it "ricey" (I HATE THAT WORD ) - it isn't a WS6 but is labeled as one - period.

(Not bashing you Zell with the following - just basing it off of JUST ABOUT everyone's opinion PRIOR to the V6 Trans Am post - and you guys all know who you are).

The yellow Camaro has the following that would have previously been considered pure rice material - and don't even try to deny it anyone - unless you have read posts from the past two+ years that I haven't seen in here.
•Those wheels
•That color (except on Brent's car - find the bazillion post thread if you want to learn more "Progress of repaint to Millenium Yellow")
•Non-Camaro hood on a Camaro
•That body-kit
•That spoiler
•The taillights (haha - do a search for "Altezza"
•Windshield Banner
•And just the fact of the owner being in the pictures with his car for the benefit of showing the car off

I would bet that if you were to search, you would find at least 5 times as many posts calling all of those things rice than posts talking about misbadging being rice (and yes - there has been a fair share of posts calling mis-badging rice).

I just don't see how one thing (misbadging - as a whole) constitutes more "ricedom" than 8 I just named right off.

One thing both have going for them that for some strange reason most everyone considers rice is that they are nice looking V6's - but I think that is just about the same principle as ***** envy.

Hey Cap'n Pete - just noticed something - we have the same post count.

Last edited by 94BlackBowtie; 04-12-2004 at 09:35 AM.
Old 04-12-2004, 09:44 AM
Super Moderator

Originally posted by GreenDemon
And it seems there is a fine line between what looks good and "rice". But it is my opinion (and most other people's) that if you do a lot of exterior modifications to your car, there should be at least a few upgrades under the hood. No offense to the dude with the yellow Camaro, I have no idea what you've done with your car other than what I can see, just making a point.
No offense taken... I was just giving you a hard time because I too have a yellow Camaro The one in the pics above has around 450 hp and runs 115mph trap speeds. For now... it's about to get way faster
Old 04-12-2004, 01:03 PM

OK, if you want to nitpick - you are probably wrong too. There is ACTUALLY (at least) two Trans Am badges (one on each door) and the WS6 badge. He might have even changed out the driver side headlight - and have Trans Am on it as well?
But being "nit-picky", I didn't really specify how many badges, just the fact that there were more than 1 .
Old 04-12-2004, 01:42 PM

Originally posted by Capn Pete
But being "nit-picky", I didn't really specify how many badges, just the fact that there were more than 1 .
This is true.

Originally posted by AW/whiteZ-28
Is it just me or are all these rice posts starting to get annoying :blah: I mean really This stuff used to just stay in the lounge and now it's spreading...
I meant to agree with you there after I read that - just forgot too. I wish we could come up with another word and ban the use of the word "rice" and everything related (ricer, ricey, ricelicous...).

Maybe if everytime someone uses that word or something related - we all jump on them and just give them the "rolleyes" smiley.

Old 04-12-2004, 03:25 PM

I wish we could come up with another word and ban the use of the word "rice" and everything related (ricer, ricey, ricelicous...).

Maybe if everytime someone uses that word or something related - we all jump on them and just give them the "rolleyes" smiley.

Okay..................I understand we are implementing a complete Rice-ban, effective immediately! Rice shall now be considered a dirty 4-letter word!

Maybe it could be setup like the language editor that blocks out swear words? You know, like "...so I was out cruising around, when this stupid little ***** did a fly-by..." .
Old 04-12-2004, 04:01 PM

Neither one are my preference but hey at least they are different. Don't persoally care for the wannabe trans am. Blah
Old 04-12-2004, 09:42 PM

Originally posted by 93formula
please put some up as i have stated before the term rice has been given a wide base of defintions. even i dont have a clue

but since both were called rice, i just thought of making a poll as too whats more rice.

Since we are defining the word "rice" lets consult our good friend Merriam Webster.

Main Entry: rice
Pronunciation: 'rIs
Function: noun
Etymology: Middle English rys, from Old French ris, from Old Italian riso, from Greek oryza, oryzon, of Iranian origin; akin to Pashto wrize rice; akin to Sanskrit vrIhi rice
: the starchy seeds of an annual cereal grass (Oryza sativa) that are cooked and used for food; also : this cereal grass that occurs in southeastern Asia and is widely cultivated in warm climates for its seeds and by-products

By definition, neither the Camaro or Firebird are rice.
Old 04-12-2004, 10:45 PM

too funny
Old 04-13-2004, 01:41 AM

Criticing is one thing but a few of you are commenting on me standing in the pics. OF COURSE! My idea, my money, time and effort, and my a$$ is going to be next to my creation. That right there is a subliminal compliment! If I was standing in front of my '89 buick it wouldn't be considered as showing off. Can the fake modesty and stand next to your ride!
Old 04-13-2004, 10:40 AM

most of the guys on here that are dissin on his car have nothing done to there car!! there just a bunch of jelous punks who are too cheap do anything to there car. so if a car isnt "stock" like theres, its not cool lookin. everyone has there own taste so just shutup and go drive ur stock car.
Old 04-13-2004, 12:50 PM

I knew one of these days the owner of a car being called **** would show up in a thread

I like the language filter idea rice=****
Old 04-13-2004, 02:28 PM

I think they both are a disgrace... why rice out american cars? i just dont understand it....you dont know how many mustangs i have seen that are just pure RICE! it makes me sick everytime i see it!!

Quick Reply: which is more rice?