Appearance Hoods, spoilers, custom mods, accessories, etc.

My hood is coming in soon!!!

Search this Thread

Old 02-03-2004, 09:20 PM

Actually.... there site is http://www.usexoticsltd.com/ but don't even try going there. It is horrible at the moment because it is under severe construction. There is no info on the hoods there. TransAmGT is right, Roger is a very great guy to talk to. Call him or email him at USEXOTICSLTD@aol.com with any questions at all. I'm definately getting a hood from him soon Let me know if you feel any difference in power when you put it on please. Are you going to buy a ram air airbox assembly? Cheapest from what Roger said is www.slponline.com and it is about $300 for everything you should need. Good deal unless you find a used one. If I was to get one of those hoods, it would definately be the 3 1/2 inch lifted one! They just look so mean and nice! The ones that they used to make(that weren't functional) looked very mean too! But the functional ones are better because of power gains.

Damn.... long post lol

Steve
Old 02-03-2004, 09:23 PM

Originally posted by ErockZ28
sick hood --- im debating on hood or ground effects after i get rims lol prolly g effects lol
If I were you I'd get an SS hood and lower it. Just my .02 cents.
Old 02-03-2004, 09:26 PM

Nice looking hood man

Lines are a little "off" for an LT1, IMO, but still a lot better than stock.
Old 02-03-2004, 09:26 PM

Originally posted by transamdude95
Actually.... there site is http://www.usexoticsltd.com/ but don't even try going there. It is horrible at the moment because it is under severe construction. There is no info on the hoods there. TransAmGT is right, Roger is a very great guy to talk to. Call him or email him at USEXOTICSLTD@aol.com with any questions at all. I'm definately getting a hood from him soon Let me know if you feel any difference in power when you put it on please. Are you going to buy a ram air airbox assembly? Cheapest from what Roger said is www.slponline.com and it is about $300 for everything you should need. Good deal unless you find a used one. If I was to get one of those hoods, it would definately be the 3 1/2 inch lifted one! They just look so mean and nice! The ones that they used to make(that weren't functional) looked very mean too! But the functional ones are better because of power gains.

Damn.... long post lol

Steve
Long post indeed. But yeah, I want to get the ram air set up eventually. Can't afford it right now though. Buying the hood and getting it painted is expensive enough right now. I will definitly get it in the near future though.
Old 02-03-2004, 09:30 PM

Originally posted by RS Dragster
Nice looking hood man

Lines are a little "off" for an LT1, IMO, but still a lot better than stock.
IMO, I think it looks awesome. Especially compared to a lot of the other hoods offered for the LT1 T/A. I liked the older version of the Warbird (where the outlets were set a little further back) but the hood wasn't functional. I plan on getting the ram air set up at some point.
Old 02-03-2004, 09:41 PM

Damn.... long post lol

Steve
Oh yeah, did Roger say that ram air set up from SLP would fit for sure?
Old 02-03-2004, 10:30 PM

Here's a part of an email Roger from US Exotics, LTD sent me:

"...as far as having to do anything with the hood to make it functional with the box, just bolt it on ... all of the cut-outs are made and all it needs is the airbox to seal against, and you've got functional ram-air. Well, just feel free to let me know if you have anymore questions at all. Thanks alot."

I am pretty darn sure that it will match up perfectly without any mods being needed. Just talking about this hood sooo makes me want to say 'f' and buy one now! Right now I've got a little over $600 in the bank, $600 coming this Friday in my check, $115 coming from a friend.... I can do it... but..... it's either the Outlaw Warbird hood, a cat-back exhaust system with headers and y-pipe, or a set of front driver/passenger leather power seats and some small mods.... I wish I could just make my damn mind up!

Steve
Old 02-03-2004, 10:41 PM

Thats awesome be sure to post pics

=-JOhn
Old 02-03-2004, 11:07 PM

Thumbs up

gonna look nice
Old 02-04-2004, 12:10 AM

Here's a part of an email Roger from US Exotics, LTD sent me:

"...as far as having to do anything with the hood to make it functional with the box, just bolt it on ... all of the cut-outs are made and all it needs is the airbox to seal against, and you've got functional ram-air. Well, just feel free to let me know if you have anymore questions at all. Thanks alot."

I am pretty darn sure that it will match up perfectly without any mods being needed. Just talking about this hood sooo makes me want to say 'f' and buy one now! Right now I've got a little over $600 in the bank, $600 coming this Friday in my check, $115 coming from a friend.... I can do it... but..... it's either the Outlaw Warbird hood, a cat-back exhaust system with headers and y-pipe, or a set of front driver/passenger leather power seats and some small mods.... I wish I could just make my damn mind up!

Steve
I want to say hood, but in all honesty I'd go with the cat-back with headers and y-pipe. You can always get the hood and seats later on.