Appearance Hoods, spoilers, custom mods, accessories, etc.

My new 383 & blower/hood pics.

Search this Thread

Old 02-16-2004, 12:56 AM

Originally posted by BlackDog
Yeah, tell me about it.
Hey, you do what you gotta do to get around in the winter!
No winters here! Haha I had to rub that in sorry

Anyway, with the car looking the way it does and kind funny looking, I feel sorry for the poor sap who takes me on in a race!
Well hopefully you at least have some ET Streets on those salad shooters otherwise you will be spinning all over the place with that massive amount of power your putting down
Old 02-16-2004, 02:15 AM

umm .. whats with the baby blue

meh
Old 02-16-2004, 07:28 AM

Overall, I don't like it... but I'm glad you like it.

- The path that cold air has to take isn't efficient. Even if it was efficient, it looks tacky.

- IMO, it would look 1000x better with just a red color scheme in the engine bay. The blue looks way out of place on your car.

- The stock wheels look terrible

- The intake elbow looks awful

- The hood scoop looks out of place

Positive comments:

- The stripes look really good, especially with the painted front fascia

- The alternator looks sweet
Old 02-16-2004, 12:07 PM

Its is definately differnt thats for sure,

As said before some nice welds and slicks would sure set it off. Kudos for beinmg differnt!!!

One question though how do you get around in the winter with a 383??

Later,
-JOhn
Old 02-16-2004, 03:27 PM

Instead of rigging up a "ram air" with dryer ducting and the stock air box I would of took advantage of the induction that is supplied with the supercharger, and left the pro-stock scoop off of there,and also kept the engine bay black, its too many colors going on with the baby blue. But other than that the motr is A+ and the outside is awsome minus the hood scoop.
Old 02-16-2004, 04:21 PM

I don't know what to think, it's kinda confused me!! I like the hood but i think the scoop should be smaller (kinda big) and it would blend in better if it had big slicks on the back and skinnys on the front (more like a pro stock).

I agree with the fact that the baby blue is alittle much, i think it would look better with just red.

I give you a big though for trying to be different, and like someone else said i always wondered what the hood would look like with a scoop on it.

for trying something new!!
Old 02-16-2004, 06:15 PM

I like the hood a lot. The problem is it would attract too much attention IMO. I agree with the other guy who said stick with the air inlet with the supercharger as intended and a more mellow style hood. It's too much hood for that car. Great paint work btw whoever did it.
Old 02-16-2004, 07:49 PM

Yeah, the hood kinda looks out of place. There was another hood someone posted recently that is a 3" SS hood. I think it looks different, and probably not many people will be using that hood, so maybe you should look into that one? You could always sell that fat scoop at the track.
Old 02-17-2004, 01:15 AM
Banned

BAHAHAHAHAHHAHAAHAHHAAH LMFAO!!!!!!!! HAHAHAHHAHA

OMG Just when I thought Id seen it all Got fuggin raibow brite, papa smurf, and all kinds of other goofy colors up in there.. Not to mention the AWESOME High tech vacum cleaner hose air intake you have in there That Poor F-Body

*EDIT*
Holy hell I didn't even see the hood when I posted, I was still dying laughing at the first 3 pics I thought under the hood was bad, damn dude this just keeps getting better... John Force hood GOT TO GO!!!!!! Seriously, I bet you that car will put down prolly 450rwhp IF THAT

OK Im done I think.. Unless you have some more pics to post dude... But wait a lil bit cause I gotta recover from laughing at the other ones first

Last edited by InjectedSS; 02-17-2004 at 01:25 AM.
Old 02-17-2004, 05:38 AM

I think it looks pretty decent besides the stock wheels, but when its winter i guess you'll have that! Engine work is sweet though. Definately different, but that is a good thing
Old 02-17-2004, 06:19 PM

ur engine looks nice, but i was just waundering why such a nice battery is the dirtyest looking thing in ur engine bay? lol. very nice though.

It's one of those things that I haven't gotten to yet. Good eye man.

Well hopefully you at least have some ET Streets on those salad shooters otherwise you will be spinning all over the place with that massive amount of power your putting down.

Hey those snow tires really hook up. The bad thing is that they are only rated for 99 mph.

umm .. whats with the baby blue?

It's not really baby blue, it just looks like in the picture for some reason.

The hood scoop looks out of place.

In the spring I want to try and shave it down if possible.

The path that cold air has to take isn't efficient. Even if it was efficient, it looks tacky.

I agree 100%. That's one of the things I want to address this spring. I'm open for ideas.

Great paint work btw whoever did it.

Thank you. I did it.

Seriously, I bet you that car will put down prolly 450rwhp IF THAT.

I don't think so... I'm just getting started. The look of the car and HP have just begun. When I'm ready I'll post the dyno numbers. This car is not just going to look fast, IT WILL BE A FAST STREET CAR!
Old 02-17-2004, 07:59 PM
Banned

Originally posted by BlackDog
I don't think so... I'm just getting started. The look of the car and HP have just begun. When I'm ready I'll post the dyno numbers. This car is not just going to look fast, IT WILL BE A FAST STREET CAR!
Aight man I hope so.. Ain't lookin too good right now though But I ain't the one to gossip so you ain't herd that from me