Appearance Hoods, spoilers, custom mods, accessories, etc.

need help on headlight covers...those with clear

Search this Thread

Old 08-21-2002, 05:50 PM

Post need help on headlight covers...those with clear

ordered clear headlight covers from jegs, brand Wade, and they dont fit to well and the hinges u can see right through the cover, am i better of to staqy wit them or go with a better brand that fits and installs easier, wut do u guys with the clear do bout bein able to see hinges??? did ya order form a company that had a different way of puttin em on...need hel quick thanx!

------------------
94 Z28(auto/not red, but not purple)Mods!:

K and N FIPK
Flowmaster Muffler
Hotchkis Strut Tower
Holley Airfoil
Hidden Shift Kit
Street Glow Pedals (red)
Light Silver Badges
Kenwood CD deck w/ Remote
Massive 600 watt amp
2 12" Cerwin Vegas
Old 08-21-2002, 08:23 PM

I would kinda of like to know this too, I just got my Wades, and I like them, and I got them to fit after about 30 minutes of fiddlin with it, but I hate seeing the little hing thingies.
Old 08-22-2002, 05:40 PM

so does anyone know if i should return em for gts or like, or jus make em fit and look at the hinges for a long time?
Old 08-22-2002, 06:48 PM

I heard in another post the GTSs use the same thing... I've already gotten used to the clips and none but me can see them. but if I found some GTSs that weren't clippy, I'd buy 20 of em. heh.
Old 08-22-2002, 07:38 PM

well i guess i better stick with the wades then, but do u know how to make em fit better ???
Old 08-22-2002, 08:23 PM

i just put my wades on the other day. i had the same fitment problems. i had to sand the edges with my dremal(sp?) to get them to fit right. it wasn't hard just take your time and grind off the areas that don't fit good but don't grind off too much at one time. mine looks great and now they fit better. i have the smoke covers on mine so i called up wade and ordered some more clips since they were too loose for me with just the three you can't see them through the smoke covers and it holds them on better

------------------
93Z A4,!iat,!cat,!tb,!egr,nitrous hp cam 218/230,pro magnum 1.6 rr's,pro magnum lifters,chromemoly pushrods,holley afpr,ed wright custom chip,k&n cai,holley 52MM tb,meziere w/p,160 deg.themostat,taylor 8.5 wires over valve covers,msd blaster coil, msd 6A ignition,march power & amp pulleys,mac headers & y pipe jet hot coated,borla cat back exhaust,hotchkis phr,bmr stb. "the guy who said if ain't broke don't fix it just doesn't get it!!"
Old 08-23-2002, 11:28 AM

Yeah I'm sure if I wasn't so lazy just a little tiny bit of dremel work would work wonders, but actually mine fit pretty well after I lined everything up and what not.
Old 08-23-2002, 09:56 PM

well mine were pretty bad, so i decided im gonna send em back, i kinda like the look without em know that i look at it more! it looks mean
Old 08-24-2002, 02:16 AM

HEY YOU'RE FROM NEWPORT NEWS. Thats my home town, I'm in Blacksburg now going to Tech, you go to school or anything? If you see a red 94 vert thats me, but I don't get to NN much anymore.
Old 08-24-2002, 02:29 AM

Not to postwhore but a Radford dude too wtf is up man. You go to Radford or just love livin there? ;-)
Old 08-24-2002, 09:54 AM

My GTS's were the same way. I had to trim and file the edges down for a good fit.

- Brent
Old 08-24-2002, 10:34 AM

stangspank: i sent my first pair back also. i got the same kind of stuff the second time too. i hope yours goes better.

Izod: hey man nice to see some local people on here. i go to school there and live there, the views are outstanding except in the summer. thank god for fall, schools back in!!!

------------------
93Z A4,!iat,!cat,!tb,!egr,nitrous hp cam 218/230,pro magnum 1.6 rr's,pro magnum lifters,chromemoly pushrods,holley afpr,ed wright custom chip,k&n cai,holley 52MM tb,meziere w/p,160 deg.themostat,taylor 8.5 wires over valve covers,msd blaster coil, msd 6A ignition,march power & amp pulleys,mac headers & y pipe jet hot coated,borla cat back exhaust,hotchkis phr,bmr stb. "the guy who said if it ain't broke don't fix it just doesn't get it!!"
Old 08-24-2002, 12:58 PM

well so there are some locals here! sweet, well i stick to my city, i hardly leave newport news since i just started my junior year but hey keep an eye out for a maroon z with white badges and letters, thats me! i wouldnt mind meetin up with someone and we can exghange some secrets and have someone to talk to bout these wonderful cars
Old 08-24-2002, 05:16 PM

Which school stang? And bigde4u who do you get to do your work around here, I have yet to find a really good shop.
Old 08-25-2002, 08:35 PM

um denbigh baptist christian school, its righ off of oyster point, u ever in the area

Quick Reply: need help on headlight covers...those with clear