Appearance Hoods, spoilers, custom mods, accessories, etc.
View Poll Results: so what do you think?
i would think it is a v6, and try to waste him...
75.00%
i would think that it was a poorly disguised z28...
25.00%
Voters: 8. You may not vote on this poll

need your opinions.... its a poll

Search this Thread

Old 02-03-2004, 08:40 PM

Arrow need your opinions.... its a poll

the latest thing i have been looking at doing was the "make your z look like an rs" project.. i know this has come up countless times before... but i have a slightly different question for you guys...

i am going to be running an electronic cutout, so i could care less what the exhaust does past that.. i will be using a muffler to get it to be quiet as possible... so there will be a stock looking single exaust pipe on the driver side... gonna do the badges too..

but here is where you guys come in... i am going to get some wider aftermarket wheels... prolly some black zr1's... and looking at a big brake kit in the near future. what i am wondering, is what would you think if you saw a camaro with all the makings of a v-6(exhaust pipe, badging... etc) but with the wheels and brakes being the only performance signs... would you mess with it? or more importantly, if you were driving a mustang or an import , would you go after that v-6 that is trying to look cool? ... i just wanna know if you guys think that a lot of people would see the z for what it is...

thanks

josh
Old 02-03-2004, 08:51 PM

So you want to make yourslef look like a poseur? Whatever floats your boat I guess. Personally, anyone that cant tell the difference between a 8 and 6 just by hearing it isnt even worth the time to race.
Old 02-03-2004, 09:01 PM

yea v6 v8 is diffrent sound by alot
Old 02-03-2004, 09:09 PM

sorry, i only briefly mentioned the muffler... it is going to be really freaking quiet... i understand entirely what you are saying.. but believe me, i am going to take care of it...

lets change the rules... you are a deaf person that has been given a special case drivers license driving your new acura rsx... and the rest is the same... what i am focusing on is whether or not the wheels/brakes would give it away...

thanks,

josh
Old 02-03-2004, 09:25 PM

to be honest dont bother ither u have it or u dont y downgrade ???? even if i was death i wouldnt race a camaro
Old 02-03-2004, 09:27 PM

go for it damn ricers wont know the difference anyways they think anything that doesnt leak rice and sound like a bumble bee must be slow
Old 02-03-2004, 09:31 PM

I have always wanted to do something like that. I wanted something like a Knight Rider thing though. Completely stripped of all badges and a quiet exhaust. That way no one knows what they are getting into. I think making it look like a V6 is stupid and misleading, but completely debadging is fine. Are you out to smoke someone or just put to shame people that are looking for a fair race?
Old 02-03-2004, 09:44 PM

Seems pretty gay to me. Kind of like you are afraid to race anyone with a fast car, so you wanna trick Hondas into racing.
Old 02-03-2004, 09:58 PM

holy cow! all i was asking about was whether or not the wheels and brakes would give it away...

i appreciate the responses to this topic, but i am not looking for opinions on badging a z as an rs... i have been reading on this board long enough to know how the majority feels about it..

i am not worried about racing faster cars, i am not preying on the weak.. i dont brag about beating people, if i beat a freaking minivan, i will know that i only beat a freaking minivan... so what difference would a ricer civic be?

i dont understand, so i am tricking a mustang gt that thought that they were racing a v6 camaro? and you are talking about me preying on the weak?
Old 02-03-2004, 10:09 PM

I would keep it the same and only inhance the Z28 style so it stands out even more. I love for people to know that I have a V8 F-body, and I try to make it more clear with every appearance mod I make without getting ricey about it.
Old 02-03-2004, 10:12 PM

hey man i think theres nothing wrong with sleeper cars i like having the element of suprise myself thats why i dont have gfx on my 3rd gen makes it look slow IMO
Old 02-03-2004, 10:20 PM

ack! you guys are killing me... im going to have to start over with this post...

this is my question: it looks like a 97 v6 camaro, but it has zr1 wheels... what is your first impression? that it is a v6 or that it really is a z28?

thats it... thats what i am asking..
Old 02-03-2004, 10:54 PM

If it was really quiet, and had just the left rear turn down pipe for the exhaust and no badging upon first inspection I would prolly think it was a V6. If it had aftermarket duals or even a single outlet aftermarket exhaust I would have to be a little cautious.
Old 02-03-2004, 10:55 PM

I would look directly at the rear brakes, you are busted. You are asking a bunch of F-body guys if a mustang guy would be fooled. Maybe some stupid ones.
Old 02-03-2004, 10:58 PM

I respect all camaros. I have yet to figure out, that if someone went to the trouble of getting a performance camaro, why would they want it to look like a base camaro? If you want people to think you're a six, and all of the time surprise them by killing them at the light, then I guess its ok if you make money.

Other than that, if I bought a z or an ss, then that is what I want to show on the outside (and I could care less about racing or what other drivers think).

Last edited by lbls1; 02-03-2004 at 11:01 PM.

Quick Reply: need your opinions.... its a poll