Appearance Hoods, spoilers, custom mods, accessories, etc.

New pics of nose drop and eng compartment

Search this Thread

Old 12-09-2005, 09:14 PM

Re: New pics of nose drop and eng compartment

Thanks for the thumbs ups and advice. This spring comes the wheel/tire setup. Can't afford it now I really appreciate the advice on the air dam. I will put it back on if I have any indications of getting too warm. Notice I didn't say "too hot?" I won't let it get that far. I love the looks with the rake just the way it is, but I agree I need bigger meat in the rear
Old 12-09-2005, 10:01 PM

Oh I like the rake as well. The reason I'd put on the 1" drop instead is so that I wouldn't have much of an issue with the air dam. Not that it doesn't look good with the 2", it'd just be less hassle to go with the 1" w/ bigger tires and get a similar look but also be at ease a bit with the front end. Around here my ol' 93 Z28 used to bottom out all the time. Heck, some of these potholes are so bad I'm scared my pickup will bottom out, lol!
Old 12-10-2005, 05:08 PM

I think it looks great...I like the front low like that....theres a guy around here where I live that has his lowered 2 inches as well and he rigged up his air dam so that when it hits the ground or anything else that it swings back and forth and doesnt break, yet at the same time the wind doesnt blow it back so it still flows are through the radiator efficiently
Old 12-11-2005, 01:09 AM

Ever just consider the Pro-Kit? The car would look much better lowered all the way around the right way. DEFENATLY put that air dam back on. I would be afraid your tires are going to wear awkwardly with the way your set up right now. Personally, I would have never ever done what you did. But thats just me.
Old 12-11-2005, 08:59 AM

I've looked at pics of 4th gens on about half a dozen forum boards. I've seen cars with every drop kit made for our cars and every wheel/tire combo imagineable. I've read the comments, opinions, gripes and likes by the owners and the "educated" (us ). I've considered handling, tire wear, looks, ad nauseum. After all that, I love my car the way it is. I know I'm making some sacrifices and that's okay. I've got a few more plans for it and I can't wait to see it when it's done .